We already know know Trump can't rein in govt spending, so what plan do the Dems have to lower spending?

If you're interested go back and take a look at what's happened to spending since Clinton, it has spiraled upward ever sinve. NOBODY wants to "control" spending

Last edited:
I curious to know this because despite COVID 19 federal spending must still be curbed and fiscally responsible.

There is no plan from the Democrats . There is no plan from any quarter. We may have to sell off Yellowstone to get close to balancing the books.

The current Republicans are not fiscally responsible. The last president to balance the budget was Bill Clinton, every since then the deficit has increased and not president, not even Bush or Obama, has balanced the budget.

If you're interested go back and take a look at what's hppened to spnding since Clinto, it has spiraled upward ever sinve. NOBODY wants to "control" spending

So are you saying Dems have no real plan to balance the books and lower spending? One thing that would help would be to cut off Israel and reduce the DHS

I curious to know this because despite COVID 19 federal spending must still be curbed and fiscally responsible.
Congress controls all spending. See article I of the Constitution. The Pres submits a budget for each fiscal year, but Congress has the final say. The Pres can veto any law passed by Congress, but the veto can be overridden by a 2/3 vote of both houses of Congress.

I have NOT seen a proposal from T
Congress controls all spending. See article I of the Constitution. The Pres submits a budget for each fiscal year, but Congress has the final say. The Pres can veto any law passed by Congress, but the veto can be overridden by a 2/3 vote of both houses of Congress.

Where is Trump's budget proposal?

Unless congress is willing to give a president a line item veto (which it hasn't been up until now) the onus of uncontrolled spending is on congress, not the president.

There is no plan from the Democrats . There is no plan from any quarter. We may have to sell off Yellowstone to get close to balancing the books.

The current Republicans are not fiscally responsible. The last president to balance the budget was Bill Clinton, every since then the deficit has increased and not president, not even Bush or Obama, has balanced the budget.
Clinton didn't balance the budget, Gingrich and the republicans did while the democrats kicked and screamed about it. Clinton wanted to spend all those windfall taxes from the "dot.com" boom on ore permanent programs. The only thing Clinton did was to see that he wasn't going to be able to stop the republicans and run to get in front of the parade.

Clinton didn't balance the budget, Gingrich and the republicans did while the democrats kicked and screamed about it. Clinton wanted to spend all those windfall taxes from the "dot.com" boom on ore permanent programs. The only thing Clinton did was to see that he wasn't going to be able to stop the republicans and run to get in front of the parade.

When Clinton left office he left with a budget surplus, which Bush messed up.

GW Bush had to go after Al Qaeda and wars are expensive. That war was needed to keep us safe from the terrorists. It's a long way from NY City to Afghanistan.Many of my family are Liberal Democrats, but they voted for GW the second time he ran because of the way he handled the terrorists.

No, he left with a "Projected Surplus". That was just another Left Wing myth.

" W A S H I N G T O N, Dec. 28, 2000 -- President Clinton today projected that the United States will have a $1.9 trillion budget surplus over the next decade. He said the increase in the expected surplus means the government will be debt-free by 2010. "

• Biden plays less golf saving $30,000 in cart rental fees
  • His hair cuts are $20 not $70,000
  • We will spend less on Trump properties at exorbitant rates up 37% from 4 years ago
  • White House food bills reduced in half
  • Water bill savings from not having to flush massive shits 10 times that Trump experiences

Just a partial list

GW Bush had to go after Al Qaeda and wars are expensive. That war was needed to keep us safe from the terrorists. It's a long way from NY City to Afghanistan.Many of my family are Liberal Democrats, but they voted for GW the second time he ran because of the way he handled the terrorists.

So why did Bush implement his take cuts which resulted in a deficit even bigger than what Clinton had when he was in office?

Had Trump implemented his food boxes nationwide he would have reduced spending, but he backed out of it and instead increased spending

When Clinton left office he left with a budget surplus,

which he could have put against the debt....

and didn't.

There hasn't been a president pay down the debt since Ike, 1957.

So why did Bush implement his take cuts which resulted in a deficit even bigger than what Clinton had when he was in office?
Tax cuts are intended as a stimulus for the economy. When people have more money, they spend it, which creates profits and jobs. That's the theory anyway. In a complex economy like ours, it's often hard to tell if tax measures are really working as they are intended.

Which hasn't happened. Trump has signed off on every penny of debt.

Now the (D)'s say they will raise the taxes on the rich, along with many other things does need done to address the debt but they likely won't.

Forum List

Back