Watters: the FBI is Leaking and Lying.. we're shocked, utterly shocked

Probabilities aside the raid doesn’t happen without intense legal scrutiny and probable cause. A judge and the department heads would need to be confident enough in the evidence and legal standing to make this move.
I don’t see how they do this on a baseless fishing expedition. Garland just petitioned to declassify and release the warrant details so we will see. What would you say if the trump team blocks them?
BTW. The trump team can legally release the details right now if they wanted to.
1. The Trump team agreed to release the warrant and contents.
2. That's okay, but what we really need to see is the affidavit that the warrant is based on.
3. Its never okay to raid an ex-president's home, especially if he's leading in polls to be the next president. A subpoena was the called for response.

Planted nuclear secrets.
Must you post your every wishful fantasy?

It weird to have to explain this to adults, but just because you can imagine something to be true, does not mean it is.

Last edited:
Out of all these threads about the FBI searching Trump's gaudy looking home, the one thing that hasn't been answered by these Trump sycophants is, why did Trump steal classified documents? He himself put into law increasing the punishment for such crimes. It's crazy. Just wondering what the excuses might be to defend the indefensible?
No one stole anything, but plenty of evidence for The Gestapo FBI to go after Hunter and Joe Biden for.
1660317507300.png

Now They’re Calling for Violence​

A grenade with the F.B.I. seal over a dark green background.

In a sane world, a partisan Republican reaction to the FBI’s search of former President Donald Trump’s Florida home on Monday would be something like this: We don’t believe Trump did anything wrong. We’re skeptical about the Department of Justice’s actions, but we’ll wait to see the evidence before we make any sweeping claims or definitive judgments. Unfortunately, the reaction online, in the right-wing media, and even among lawmakers has been far from sane. It’s been unhinged and ominous....

...Clearly, at this early stage, the responsible reaction to what the FBI did is to withhold judgment, to wait and see, to base one’s assessment on the facts and the evidence as they become known. But such an approach is alien to the modern-day GOP. The entire incentive structure is to use language that is intemperate, belligerent, conspiratorial, even crazed. This week has once again proved that there’s no rhetorical line Trump Republicans won’t cross, no outlandish charge they won’t make. It’s now all about one-upmanship, with each person trying to make a more freakish claim than the next.

This debasement of language comes at a considerable cost. George Orwell believed that political language mattered because politics mattered, and that the corruption of one leads to the corruption of the other. And in some cases, the misuse of words can lead to political violence. We saw that on January 6, 2021. My fear is we’re edging ever closer to that. Some people on the right—enraged and inflamed, caught in an echo chamber of undiluted anger and massive lies—clearly hope for it. They are perpetually frenzied and hyper-agitated, convinced they are in an existential struggle against a wicked foe.

In the face of this, virtually the entire Republican Party is egging them on. Based on no evidence right now, Republicans are promoting a narrative that the events of this week prove that the United States government and its chief law-enforcement agency are Nazi-like, corrupt to the core, at war with its own citizens. This can’t end well.
When is The FBI and DOJ going to go after John Kerry for violations of The Logan Act and Kerry, Pelosi, Biden, and Romney's involvement in Burisma Bribes?
1660317731875.png

2. That's okay, but what we really need to see is the affidavit that the warrant is based on.
3. Its never okay to raid an ex-president's home, especially if he's leading in polls to be the next president. A subpoena was the called for response.
We shall see how it all plays out. If the raid wasn’t justified heads should roll. I just have a hard time thinking they would make this move without solid justification

what we really need to see is the affidavit that the warrant is based on.
Why do you NEED to see ongoing investigation process?

Is there any evidence at all of DOJ misconduct? Should DOJ make all it's investigations and related materials public?

What is the coherent basis for what you call a NEED for extra-ordinary public disclosure? Trump's empty rhetoric that feeds paranoid wingnut conspiracies?

We shall see how it all plays out. If the raid wasn’t justified heads should roll. I just have a hard time thinking they would make this move without solid justification
Desperation trumps justification.
the J6 Committee wants Trump's ass indicted, period.
So Garland is trying his best to make a case.

Desperation trumps justification.
the J6 Committee wants Trump's ass indicted, period.
So Garland is trying his best to make a case.
You say this without knowledge or insight on what the actual evidence they have is. Correct? You’re just making assumptions

Why do you NEED to see ongoing investigation process?
Is there any evidence at all of DOJ misconduct? Should DOJ make all it's investigations and related materials public?
What is the coherent basis for what you call a NEED for extra-ordinary public disclosure? Trump's empty rhetoric that feeds paranoid wingnut conspiracies?
We need to see all of the evidence and the predicate for the search warrant. There had to be a serious crime in the affidavit.
There was DOJ misconduct. There is no way to justify a raid on the ex-president's home. None that are legitimate, especially after months of working thru the details.
The NEED is to show if the DOJ had a legitimate basis for the search warrant on the home of the ex-president, or would a subpoena have been the correct move.
Do not blame Trump, this raid fiasco is 100% AG Garland's mess.

You say this without knowledge or insight on what the actual evidence they have is. Correct? You’re just making assumptions
You don't know what "evidence" is real or planted do you?
Not sure if by evidence you mean what's in the boxes the FBI took, or what evidence is in the affidavit that served as the basis for the search warrant.

"Bobb said she and Trump lawyer Evan Corcoran met later with a senior Justice Department official whose name she could not recall. Trump appeared at the beginning of the meeting, in June, and greeted investigators, Bobb said, adding that the former president was not interviewed. Federal officials then looked through boxes of material, Bobb added."

So the Feds already looked thru those boxes. If there was any important document it should have been found June 3rd.

You don't know what "evidence" is real or planted do you?
Not sure if by evidence you mean what's in the boxes the FBI took, or what evidence is in the affidavit that served as the basis for the search warrant.
Correct. I haven’t seen the evidence and I don’t know a thing about it which is why I’m not making proclamations about whether the raid was justified or not.

You haven’t seen the evidence either. Nobody has. It’s all speculation.

Yes, I’m talking about the basis for the search warrant

Correct. I haven’t seen the evidence and I don’t know a thing about it which is why I’m not making proclamations about whether the raid was justified or not.
You haven’t seen the evidence either. Nobody has. It’s all speculation.
Yes, I’m talking about the basis for the search warrant
So we agree, Garland needs to publish the affidavit ASAP. We do know what specifics should be in the affidavit to get a search warrant.
Otherwise it could be total FBI/DOJ bullshit and no one would know.

So we agree, Garland needs to publish the affidavit ASAP. We do know what specifics should be in the affidavit to get a search warrant.
Otherwise it could be total FBI/DOJ bullshit and no one would know.
Garland should follow the law and procedure. He applied to release the details of the warrant. Seems to me that he is following protocol. I don’t know what the deal is with the affidavit you’re talking about. Is it SOP to release affidavits to the public during an investigation? Are you seeing evidence of anything improper happening here ?

Garland should follow the law and procedure. He applied to release the details of the warrant. Seems to me that he is following protocol. I don’t know what the deal is with the affidavit you’re talking about. Is it SOP to release affidavits to the public during an investigation? Are you seeing evidence of anything improper happening here ?
Garland is playing hide and seek with the truth. He is hiding the truth by not releasing the affidavit that Trump has now clearly asked for. The ball is in the DOJ's court now... Is Garland going to run from the whole truth getting out or will he hide?

Trump has also cleared the way for the Affidavit as well. Ball is in Garlands court now...
eating-popcorn-03.gif

Garland is playing hide and seek with the truth. He is hiding the truth by not releasing the affidavit that Trump has now clearly asked for. The ball is in the DOJ's court now... Is Garland going to run from the whole truth getting out or will he hide?
When has anybody ever released an affidavit after a raid… you’re just repeating shit you hear. Show me that it’s standard protocol to release affidavits to the public during investigations and I’ll apologize to you.

When has anybody ever released an affidavit after a raid… you’re just repeating shit you hear. Show me that it’s standard protocol to release affidavits to the public during investigations and I’ll apologize to you.
LOL.... The affidavit is part of the warrant packet. I've done investigations and delivered those packets to individuals we served warrants on. Trump has been denied access to the affidavit in violation of US law. Hmmmm Why would that be... And now the claim is nuclear secrets were in his possession AFTER the National Archives had already been through the papers. This makes absolutely no sense. IF they had seen them, they would have been taken immediately. Then we add that they refused to let the defendant's council observe the search and wanted the cameras shut off.

This stinks of an evidence plant. Never in my life have we not allowed the defendants council to be present during a search. It is unheard of.

Forum List

Back