Water from air

We get water from air all the time....We call it Rain

Can you make it rain when you want? This machine makes water from air whenever you want.

In arid low humidity areas I dont see this working.
Take a swamp cooler for example. Run that sucker along the Gulf Coast and all you get is a more humid wind than you're already dealing with,in fact they're useless in those conditions.
Use it in the desert and they work great.
In hot, arid areas there is still plenty of water in the air, because warmer air holds more water. This is why it is called "relative humidity".

Can you make it rain when you want? This machine makes water from air whenever you want.

Take a swamp cooler for example. Run that sucker along the Gulf Coast and all you get is a more humid wind than you're already dealing with,in fact they're useless in those conditions.
In hot, arid areas there is still plenty of water in the air, because warmer air holds more water. This is why it is called "relative humidity".

Dont talk to me about relative humidity....I live on the Gulf Coast.

Dont talk to me about relative humidity....I live on the Gulf Coast.
So what? It's relative. ;)

Anybody can do it. Boil water on a stove. Hold something cool in the steam and beads of water form on it's surface. The beads of water on an iced drink are another example as is the whole heat->clouds->rain cycle all over the world.

I do not know how the machine does it.
Cooling and distillation. Lots of people are building machines to do this.

Mathing ...

1 liter of water is 1 kilogram ... for an absolute humidity of 10 g/kg, we'll need 100 kg of air ... 815 cubic meters of air ... this is assuming complete extraction ... if our opening to our machine is 1/4 square meter, and we can draw air in at 14 km/hr (4 m/s) ... 800 seconds to produce our liter of water ... 4 liters per hour ... 100 liters per day ... 0.00008 acre-feet ...

About 50 machines per acre of irrigated crop land ... 5 million machines for just Los Angeles ... I haven't touched upon power requirements ... $50 to $75 per month in electricity per person ... comparable to a desalination plant ...

DOUBLE all this if we only extract half the water vapor ... or twice as expensive as a desalination plant ...

The MAJOR problem with these machines is we're borrowing from Peter to pay Paul ... if Israel installs these, then no water at all for Jordan ... Jordan will have to attack and either destroy Israel or be destroyed themselves ... something avoided with desalination plants ...

I'm going with FAKE NEWS ... no way will these machines yield the water the video claims ... not without insane energy demands ...

c.f.

Mathing ...

1 liter of water is 1 kilogram ... for an absolute humidity of 10 g/kg, we'll need 100 kg of air ... 815 cubic meters of air ... this is assuming complete extraction ... if our opening to our machine is 1/4 square meter, and we can draw air in at 14 km/hr (4 m/s) ... 800 seconds to produce our liter of water ... 4 liters per hour ... 100 liters per day ... 0.00008 acre-feet ...

About 50 machines per acre of irrigated crop land ... 5 million machines for just Los Angeles ... I haven't touched upon power requirements ... $50 to $75 per month in electricity per person ... comparable to a desalination plant ...

DOUBLE all this if we only extract half the water vapor ... or twice as expensive as a desalination plant ...

The MAJOR problem with these machines is we're borrowing from Peter to pay Paul ... if Israel installs these, then no water at all for Jordan ... Jordan will have to attack and either destroy Israel or be destroyed themselves ... something avoided with desalination plants ...

I'm going with FAKE NEWS ... no way will these machines yield the water the video claims ... not without insane energy demands ...

c.f.

You could probably use a nuclear reactor to produce all the heat you would need for a very long time. Sea water flows in, is converted to steam which runs a generator that produces electrical power then goes to condensation coils where it condenses into distilled water and flows into storage tanks. Would produce electricity, fresh water, salt and other minerals from the seawater.

Not sure how this works but Water Gen makes water from air. There is a worldwide demand for Water Gen and demand will be greater soon. One Israeli company made this possible.

Water Gen does not "make" water. It only condenses it IF the air is humid.
This is neither cheap nor easy to do. There is no magic involved. The poorest people who are most in need of drinking water are least able to pay for and maintain this technology. Batteries run down and need to be replaced. Parts wear out. Most of civilization lives near rivers and lakes for a reason. If they choose to live far from water, oh well. Good luck.

... or just live places where there is water ...
frontpond.jpg

Mathing ...

c.f.

I was looking at this, and I was thinking, how can this produce more water, with less energy, than desalinization?

We have four large desalination plants i am aware of. The salt is later put back in the sea and the fresh water they produce solved the water crisis. I could make many posts on Negev farming.

I was looking at this, and I was thinking, how can this produce more water, with less energy, than desalinization?

We would need higher absolute humidity ... I used 10 g/kg which, upon further review, might be a bit of a low ball ... that would be a good number for the world's desert belts, but once in the tropical or temperate cells, this figure might go as high as 20 g/kg ... but these are places where rainfall is the better alternative to trying to extract the water from air ...

The Levant has always impressed me as a dry, barren region ... it must have been better in the past considering how much history the area has ...

We would need higher absolute humidity ... I used 10 g/kg which, upon further review, might be a bit of a low ball ... that would be a good number for the world's desert belts, but once in the tropical or temperate cells, this figure might go as high as 20 g/kg ... but these are places where rainfall is the better alternative to trying to extract the water from air ...

The Levant has always impressed me as a dry, barren region ... it must have been better in the past considering how much history the area has ...

There is water in the Negev not fresh but not sea water. It is used to grow some crops. Wheat cherry tomatoes cucumbers.

There is water in the Negev not fresh but not sea water. It is used to grow some crops. Wheat cherry tomatoes cucumbers.

Beersheba averages 8 inches of rain per year ... Ellat averages 1 inch ...

It might be cheaper to just import food from the United States ... join us and there'd be no tariffs ... we have room for the extra star on our flag ... because, you know, geez that's dry ...

We have made the Negev bloom. it took years of experimentation.

We have made the Negev bloom. it took years of experimentation.

Looks like barren inhospitable wastelands to me ... use Google Earth and compare the Negev to the Imperial Valley, California ... roughly the same rainfall ...

I'm terribly biased ... it rains every day all day long in the Pacific Northwest ... we measure annual rainfall in feet ... 4' to 8' in the bottom lands, 12' - 16' upslope ... what you get in a year, we get over a weekend ...

I could post much more about Negev agriculture if you want.

Forum List

Back