Would the availability of Artificial Intelligence Relationships spell the doom of mankind?

fncceo

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2016
If we were given the opportunity of having an intimate relation with a programmable, compatible, non-corporeal other, would it be preferable to a biological relationship?

And, if more people chose to partner with an AI, would it be the end of our species, at least as a totally biological species?

The subject of books, movies, and even plays over the past 100 years, we still haven't achieved the crossroads. But, I can't imagine that day is very far away now.

I can see ways that it might open up doors for the advancement of humankind's potential.

If we were given the opportunity of having an intimate relation with a programmable, compatible, non-corporeal other, would it be preferable to a biological relationship?

And, if more people chose to partner with an AI, would it be the end of our species, at least as a totally biological species?

The subject of books, movies, and even plays over the past 100 years, we still haven't achieved the crossroads. But, I can't imagine that day is very far away now.

I can see ways that it might open up doors for the advancement of humankind's potential.
LocutusAmused.jpeg

I could see a future society mixed with AI partners for both men and women and "natural" couples. Sperm banks, egg banks and artificial wombs could insure survival of the human race. I know a few people who would leap at the chance to have a "do over" with an AI spouse!

Soooooo............what you're saying here is that after sex and real men have a cigarette, then roll over & fall asleep.....some AI bot will have to get a new grease job???

IDK, sounds kinda kinky...

Soooooo............what you're saying here is that after sex and real men have a cigarette, then roll over & fall asleep.....some AI bot will have to get a new grease job???

Depending on the relationship, physical sex makes up 0.0003% (much less in a married relationship) of the total time spent in a relationship. The rest is equally divided between sleeping, arguing, and not talking to each other.

Replace the arguing with having compatible level conversations / enjoying mutual activities, that still leaves a third of the time open for self-improvement / human development.

No it is not a doom. It is an improvement. A correction that evolution makes. In nature all perturbed systems make self corrections. An artificial inteligence robot that looks like a normal woman and not like a constantly pregnant 300 pound typical modern woman will be a savior of mankind.

Depending on the relationship, physical sex makes up 0.0003% (much less in a married relationship) of the total time spent in a relationship. The rest is equally divided between sleeping, arguing, and not talking to each other.

Replace the arguing with having compatible level conversations / enjoying mutual activities, that still leaves a third of the time open for self-improvement / human development.

I had to laugh at the arguing & not talking to each other.....can't imagine that happening with an AI half of the relationship. It would be like trying to have a 'relationship' with Spock. Regardless of their level of 'intelligence' there is the missing emotional connection and without that, there is no argument, no feeling, no pain, no joy, etc and seems like it would be mighty boring.

Without that connection, there is no real relationship. Men might think that's great to not have to deal with PMS, mood swings, emotional outbursts, crying for no reasons, etc.........kinda like the movie Stepford Wives??? Men would like it, but I don't think women would

That's a dumb theory. Humans arent going to magically forget how to reproduce, when faced with EXTINCTION, merely because they prefer fucking robots.

Shit, we dont even need sex to reproduce NOW, anyways.

Thats a trash analysis of a typical relationship. Seems like the rantings of a destined to be loner.

Men would like it, but I don't think women would

Imagine a guy who says all the right things, cleans up after himself, does more than his share of the housework, and leaves the toilet seat down. Pretty sure women would enjoy it too...

x1080.jpg

I got along better with my dogs than I do with MrG. We don't really talk much any more, and I don't have the dogs....so now its the cat. Not as a partner in the context the OP is talking about. More as a supporter and friend. MrG is those too, but that's it. We grew too far apart and being opposite in political ideals/beliefs/etc.

Having an AI would be interesting but I prefer having a dog.

Men would like it, but I don't think women would

Imagine a guy who says all the right things, cleans up after himself, does more than his share of the housework, and leaves the toilet seat down. Pretty sure women would enjoy it too...

View attachment 436225

IDK, maybe so on some levels.........but sooner or later there'd be trouble.

It would be more like 2 robots going thru the motions of a relationship......without having a real relationship. There wouldn't be any depth to it.

And I say 2 robots....cause humans tend to take on or imitate mannerisms of others or a better word would be to 'adapt' to their surroundings. Whereas robots or AI would never change their behaviors or mannerisms or adapt. They are what they are....period. There is no change, or growth. What you see today is the same you'll see in 10 years or even 100 years

Forum List

Back