Washington Post: Stop expecting stores to have food and medicine, lower your expectations!

Oligarchies and monopolies don't have to produce more to make more money, and they don't care any more since there is a much smaller 'middle class' customer base to cater to. Have fun fighting with criminal illegal aliens over rotten spoiled fruit and veggies at the discount flea markets. And keep championing those tax cuts for the Billioniare Boys Club and Wall Street swindlers, as if that will solve all the problems. lol
One thing that has gone up that I have noticed online reading the forums about couponing and frugal living. The amount of undeserving aholes raiding the food banks taking food from the actual needy…as they hit multiple locations in a day…speaking of “ swindlers”.

I usually take a couple bags of groceries to donate every time I get paid. Makes me want to stop doing it.

One thing that has gone up that I have noticed online reading the forums about couponing and frugal living. The amount of undeserving aholes raiding the food banks taking food from the actual needy…as they hit multiple locations in a day…speaking of “ swindlers”.

I usually take a couple bags of groceries to donate every time I get paid. Makes me want to stop doing it.
I drop money into the collection box for the food bank at the grocery checkout counter every time I shop but I live in a very small town where there is a general atmosphere of trust in your neighbors. I have known people who, although they have more than plenty, will go and get food from the food banks, and it makes me livid. It's a delicate balance between wanting to help and needing to not have your good will abused.

"Lower your expectations!"

My expectations for Joe Biddum and his army of fascist Bidenistas couldn't be any lower.

So far, that fucked up stuttering fathead hasn't delivered on one promise to the American People!

And now we have a brewing war in the China sea looming next to follow his Afghan Debacle.

GOOD JOB BIDDUM FATHEADS.

OhPleaseJustQuit
I don't think my state, Florida, is taking them either. No State should take them. Bus them back to the border or to DC.

Oh and the stores in my area have product but the cost is going up. Hell try buying a steak. I paid 18 bucks for one steak last week. If you wanted to buy a package of three you needed 40 to 60 bucks. Good thing I have steak frozen in the freezer. Good Lord. Bidung is a walking disaster.

Publix had bone in ribeye on sale for $7.99/lb in August. I should have cleared out my freezer and loaded it up. It's almost $20/lb right now.

Circe
Beef was through the roof but Pork and Chicken were about the same as they always are. A rack of Smithfield pork ribs goes for around 11 bucks. Great on the grill.

You cook ribs on a grill? Oh dear Claudette, reading that just gave me a shooting pain. There is only one acceptable way to prepare pork ribs...and that is low (220 degrees) and slow (5-6 hours), with lots of smoke. I learned to make ribs from Pappy's Smokehouse in St. Louis, which has been recognized as the #1 ribs in America for as long as I can remember. If you had my ribs, you'd never even consider putting a rack of ribs in a grill again. ;)

Get yourself a RecTeq, it will pay for itself in culinary happiness.

Yes, we have those here, morbidly obese asshats with brand new cars and $800 sneakers, and also a lot of fat criminal illegal aliens getting out of giant four door dualies and the fat mommies and fat little kids line up while the men in their $150 white straw hats and white shirts and wearing 50# of gold jewelry and $1,000 boots stand around in the parking lot smoking joints, drinking beer, and shooting the shit while the 'family' loads up on free groceries. The irony is most really needy and poor people don't have the means to even get to these giveaway sites, much less be able to walk home carrying much if they do manage to walk a few miles to one.

You cook ribs on a grill? Oh dear Claudette, reading that just gave me a shooting pain. There is only one acceptable way to prepare pork ribs...and that is low (220 degrees) and slow (5-6 hours), with lots of smoke. I learned to make ribs from Pappy's Smokehouse in St. Louis, which has been recognized as the #1 ribs in America for as long as I can remember. If you had my ribs, you'd never even consider putting a rack of ribs in a grill again. ;)

Get yourself a RecTeq, it will pay for itself in culinary happiness.

I do both. Slow cook them in the oven and then finish them on the grill.

"Lower your expectations!"

This is the battle cry of the Joe "Empty Shelves" Biden regime.

Brother, we are smack in the middle of a no-shit communist revolution going down right here in the good old US of A. Supply chain shortages, intentional ones, are right out of the commie revolutionary playbook. Crippling our infrastructure, corrupting the minds of our young, government induced mass terror—it's all part of the revolution.

I do both. Slow cook them in the oven and then finish them on the grill.

I guess if you don't have a way to smoke em. That smoke is just so important to the taste, IMO. I apply a dry rub of oregano, thyme, marjoram, granulated onion, granulated garlic, kosher salt and cracked pepper, then pack with light brown sugar. Then spray with diluted apple cider vinegar a few times for the first 2 hours. Then wrap in foil for 2 hours.

When they're just about done, I brush on a coat of dissolved brown sugar then blast with a blowtorch until that coating is boiling and carmelized. Every person who has tried my ribs becomes forever ruined to the very thought of eating commercial ribs ever again. ;)

Last edited:
Publix had bone in ribeye on sale for $7.99/lb in August. I should have cleared out my freezer and loaded it up. It's almost $20/lb right now.
Yep.

I buy beef by the quarter and it works out to be about $6 a pound. If you have a big enough freezer, it's the only way to go. You get to know the farmer and how they treat their animals. What freezer space wasn't filled with beef, I filled with chickens from the Hutterite colony near me, at about $2 LB. When the shelves are empty in the city, I and mine will dine.

Yes, we have those here, morbidly obese asshats with brand new cars and $800 sneakers, and also a lot of fat criminal illegal aliens getting out of giant four door dualies and the fat mommies and fat little kids line up while the men in their $150 white straw hats and white shirts and wearing 50# of gold jewelry and $1,000 boots stand around in the parking lot smoking joints, drinking beer, and shooting the shit while the 'family' loads up on free groceries. The irony is most really needy and poor people don't have the means to even get to these giveaway sites, much less be able to walk home carrying much if they do manage to walk a few miles to one.
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum List

Back