Washington Post: Stop expecting stores to have food and medicine, lower your expectations!

Don't use sauce on my smoked beef at all. If you need sauce, you ain't doing it right, unless it's just a cheap cut of pork or chicken.

"Lower your expectations!"

This is the battle cry of the Joe "Empty Shelves" Biden regime.

Nope...nothing about food NOR medicine

I just went shopping today.

Shelves fully stocked.

Picked up my blood pressure meds the other day. No problem there either

If you fuckers couldn't lie about the sky falling...you'd be mute

Funny......

Hey Americans, the fact that there is nothing on the shelves to buy and that Christmas is 'CNXed' due to nothing to buy because of Biden's self-inflicted Supply Chain crisis - the problem is YOU!

LOWER your expectations and Biden's poll numbers will RISE.

:auiqs.jpg:
Biut, but you can still get the "Fauci Ouchie"! See what I mean?

It would be interesting to hear your assessment of the causes of the supply shortages being experienced in several countries, including the U.S. From what I've heard, there are shortages of cargo containers, dock workers to unload the ships, and licensed truck drivers. Countries that manufacture the consumer goods we buy have also lowered production levels for a variety of reasons. If you think that this all attributable to the present administration, explain how.
We had things great 9 months ago, now they suck. Thanks Biden, or Let's go Brandon!

Hey the pedo Joe supporters voted for this.

I have prepared for the inevitable. It should be fun watching them whine come Christmas time though.
FB_IMG_1634644060896.jpg

ah not sure where you live but not here and not in the majority of the country.

Trump wasn’t “doing the same” what are you even. talking about? Xiden literally undid in historic fashion Trumps policies on day one
And things have been going downhill since.

Golfing Gator
Bad price it was a ribeye and not all that big. Man the price of meat is through the roof. We'd be better buying the beef and having someone cut it up for us.
If you know how to butcher an animal and have the storage that MIGHT be an option. Last I knew a 1000# steer was selling for around $130/cwt so a 1000# critter would cost you around $1,300, IF you live close to cow country. HOWEVER that is probably not possible in any town.

I grew up on a farm and we did plenty of butchering and I worked my way through college working in a beef packinghouse many decades ago. A 1000# steer will probably yield about 600# of meat and things like oxtails, liver. tongue, brains etc. The hide could be valuable IF you have a tannery nearby (not likely). After you cut and wrap the hanging carcass into various cuts you will have some fine eating but it is a skill set very few people have. Beef and hogs require a lot of work. Chickens and rabbits would be doable on smaller scales. BUT most cities do not allow chickens and rabbits to be kept. Most city dwellers will puke if they ever have to butcher any animal. If/when the SHTF happens it will be like living in the 1800s again. IIRC the life expectancy of a person in the late 1800s was less than 50. Plus the population of the USA was around 90,000,000. With a population of over 300+ Million in the USA alone how many would die if we went back to living like we did in 1900? We are hanging by a thin thread. I am 75 and have health issues. I could not survive if these catastropic events happen. I am trying to pass on SOME of the knowledge I have about living in conditions like I grew up with but getting younger folks to put down their "smart" phones is difficult.

BTW YouTube is a great way to learn some of the basics.

I guess if you don't have a way to smoke em. That smoke is just so important to the taste, IMO. I apply a dry rub of oregano, thyme, marjoram, granulated onion, granulated garlic, kosher salt and cracked pepper, then pack with light brown sugar. Then spray with diluted apple cider vinegar a few times for the first 2 hours. Then wrap in foil for 2 hours.

When they're just about done, I brush on a coat of dissolved brown sugar then blast with a blowtorch until that coating is boiling and carmelized. Every person who has tried my ribs becomes forever ruined to the very thought of eating commercial ribs ever again.

Toothless old Pharts Like me depend on CROCK POTS. Eight hours in the crockpot will turn the cheapest cut of meat into something than can be "gummed" and swallowed without fear of death.

Forum List

Back