Washington Commanders Fine Their Head Coach For Comparing Jan 6th With The George Floyd Riots And BLM

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
I think Jack Del Rio should sue the Washington Football team.

Untitled-design--2-.png

"The Washington Commanders' defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio has been fined $100,000 for asking why the 2020 Black Lives Matter riots weren't treated as seriously as the January 6th riot.

In an interview with Tucker Carlson on Fox News, Clay Travis described the move as "unbelievable propaganda from the Washington Commanders."

The now-deleted tweet which landed Del Rio with the $100,000 fine read, "Would love to understand 'the whole story' about why the summer of riots, looting, burning and the destruction of personal property is never discussed but this is ??? #CommonSense." Del Rio posted the tweet in response to Thursday's televised January 6th committee hearings. His response received immediate backlash, including the NAACP asking for his resignation.
Del Rio doubled down on his comments in an interview, as reported by Sports Illustrated, saying, "Let’s get right down to it, what did I ask? A simple question: Why are we not looking into those things? Because it’s kind of hard for me to say I can realistically look at it, I see the images on TV, people’s livelihoods are being destroyed, businesses are being burned down—no problem."

The Black Lives Matter (BLM) riots of 2020 caused upwards of 30 deaths, multiple injuries, and over 1 billion dollars in damage. Clay Travis noted in his Tucker Carlson interview regarding Del Rio's comments that "these [BLM protests] were not mostly peaceful protests, these were largely violent protests, and no one has conducted any kind of investigation to determine how did all of these riots happen in the summer of 2020 and who was instigating them?"
Del Rio eventually issued an apology which was accompanied by a statement from the Washington Commanders' head coach Ron Rivera, which was posted on Twitter. Rivera stated, "our organization will not tolerate any equivalency between those who demanded justice in the wake of George Floyd’s murder and the actions of those on January 6 who sought to topple our government."

pic.twitter.com/86bJREVDsq
— Washington Commanders (@Commanders) June 10, 2022
Rivera's statement bookended Del Rio's $100,000 fine with “Coach Del Rio did apologize for his comments on Wednesday and he understands the distinction between the events of that dark day and peaceful protests, which are a hallmark of our democracy.”

During the peak of the violent George Floyd protests, Kamala Harris stated that the BLM 'protests' of 2020 'should not' let up. Earlier this month, an Indianapolis felon was sentenced to five years in prison for possessing and firing gun during the BLM riots.
The statement added that, "he [Del Rio] does have the right to voice his opinion as a citizen of the United States" but "words have consequences" and "hurt a lot of people."
"It’s hard to argue that this is anything other than content-based discrimination on behalf of an NFL franchise," Travis said while encouraging Del Rio to fight the fine. Tucker Carlson identified Rivera's reaction as "Maoist" in execution and style.

View attachment 656647

"The Washington Commanders' defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio has been fined $100,000 for asking why the 2020 Black Lives Matter riots weren't treated as seriously as the January 6th riot.

In an interview with Tucker Carlson on Fox News, Clay Travis described the move as "unbelievable propaganda from the Washington Commanders."

The now-deleted tweet which landed Del Rio with the $100,000 fine read, "Would love to understand 'the whole story' about why the summer of riots, looting, burning and the destruction of personal property is never discussed but this is ??? #CommonSense." Del Rio posted the tweet in response to Thursday's televised January 6th committee hearings. His response received immediate backlash, including the NAACP asking for his resignation.
Del Rio doubled down on his comments in an interview, as reported by Sports Illustrated, saying, "Let’s get right down to it, what did I ask? A simple question: Why are we not looking into those things? Because it’s kind of hard for me to say I can realistically look at it, I see the images on TV, people’s livelihoods are being destroyed, businesses are being burned down—no problem."

The Black Lives Matter (BLM) riots of 2020 caused upwards of 30 deaths, multiple injuries, and over 1 billion dollars in damage. Clay Travis noted in his Tucker Carlson interview regarding Del Rio's comments that "these [BLM protests] were not mostly peaceful protests, these were largely violent protests, and no one has conducted any kind of investigation to determine how did all of these riots happen in the summer of 2020 and who was instigating them?"
Del Rio eventually issued an apology which was accompanied by a statement from the Washington Commanders' head coach Ron Rivera, which was posted on Twitter. Rivera stated, "our organization will not tolerate any equivalency between those who demanded justice in the wake of George Floyd’s murder and the actions of those on January 6 who sought to topple our government."

Rivera's statement bookended Del Rio's $100,000 fine with “Coach Del Rio did apologize for his comments on Wednesday and he understands the distinction between the events of that dark day and peaceful protests, which are a hallmark of our democracy.”

During the peak of the violent George Floyd protests, Kamala Harris stated that the BLM 'protests' of 2020 'should not' let up. Earlier this month, an Indianapolis felon was sentenced to five years in prison for possessing and firing gun during the BLM riots.
The statement added that, "he [Del Rio] does have the right to voice his opinion as a citizen of the United States" but "words have consequences" and "hurt a lot of people."
"It’s hard to argue that this is anything other than content-based discrimination on behalf of an NFL franchise," Travis said while encouraging Del Rio to fight the fine. Tucker Carlson identified Rivera's reaction as "Maoist" in execution and style.

Old news.

I know nothing about sports, so I had never heard of that coach or his team.

But, boy, is he stupid.

In 2022 America, everyone is expected to follow the party line -- or else.

So when everyone gets up in the morning, s/he must recite to themselves the following before leaving home:

The protesters on January 6 were devils. They were staging a coup.

The BLM protesters in 2020 were angels. They were protesting the death of many angelic young men who have been unjustly killed by cops who enjoy killing people of that ethnicity.

View attachment 656647

The left is terrified of free speech

Kaepernick was denounced for publicly protesting against America's Veterans by kneeling during the national anthem at games.

Not for his controversial political opinions.

View attachment 656647

It's a CON-SPIRACY!!!!!!

Your dumbass leader really helped it along.

President Trump was offended by the kneeling, no doubt about it.

But so was Vice President Pence who left a game in Indianapolis after players showed that disrespect to our nation's Middle Class by kneeling.

Forum List

Back