2022 Isle of Man TT Deaths

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
A father and son sidecar team both dead at the worlds most dangerous MC race.
That makes 5 dead this year. RIP.

1654982151024.png

"The number of deaths at the Isle of Man TT this year is second only to 1970 when six people were killed, prompting calls for the world famous event to be banned."

Never gonna happen. The Isle of Man government is the promoter.

"Michael Russell, a rider who spends his working life with the Royal Air Force, said there had been "tragic accidents", adding: "Everyone enters the races with the knowledge of this happening... it's a risk that we all take."

All sports are dangerous.
They know the risks and the consequences.
Can't feel sorry for them, as they know exactly what they are doing and what can happen.
The TT will go on. Some say the cancellation of the last 2 TT's contributed to the deaths. Like the racers were somehow not focused. I say BS. The anticipation of being the winner of your class is no different today than any other race.

Trying to derail the thread?
No as a Motorbike Racer ( now retired ) I was in 3 Races with fatalities from
Age 13 ( First year as an Expert ) until
Age 38 ( got too old to race with the Kids ) and in AMA Club & Vintage Racing until early 40s and in all those years as a Pro my worst injury was a badly sprained ankle While practicing . Motorbike Racing is a fairly safe sport as far as I’m concerned . But street riding in large urban areas is the most dangerous thing I can imagine doing today

Forum List

Back