Was Winston Churchill a catastrophe?

After what it did to my country?! Sorry, I can't be but angry, very angry with Americans.

You can dream of whatever you like, but confine your dreams to your own borders. Because your dreams not grounded in reality bring nothing but death and destruction wherever you go.

What is your country?

I will admit it when America screws uo. It happens. Hell look at the uninspired genocide we pulled off 150 years ago.

But yeah, where are you from and my apologies for my bluntness but I am not a politician.

The problem with ordinary Americans is that you honestly believe the US to be a shining beacon of goodness that brings people freedom and democracy. And based on that belief you support the evil your power elites (politicians are just clowns on strings) carry to the nations of the world!

How can you be so blind and ignorant?!

I can agree witb your statement about ordinary Americans. Blissfully ignorant once again lol. We have some woefully under educated folks voting.

My unique pro & anti American stances are difficult to word or understand on message boards. As it no doubt is not what many expect I understand the round about nature of our conversation better now.

At the very least I hope my typing has been intersting for you!

We have a lot of Ukrainians and Russians in Prague. They are only slightly better regarded than Roma. .

By whom? By the likes of you?

That's it, have you finished your little excursion into the world of unknown? Now, go back to discussing your latest McDonald's meal. That's about your limit.
Nope, not me as much as the Czechs, Slovaks, Poles and Hungarians. I cannot speak for your other neighbors like Romanians, Moldavians and Bulgarians although I happen to know that in the Baltic states, Eastern Slavs are also 2nd class citizens. But again, they are not as despised as the Roma, but close.

Last edited:
But Stalin was a REAL enemy:
Stalin and Hitler had so much in common. No wonder they fell in love.

hitler_stalin.jpg

he re-built the Russian Empire,
Now you are a Russian imperialist?

and he established the rule of WORKING PEOPLE,
Ha ha ha good one. lol Oh wait you are serious.

Communists have been good at murdering working people, not representing them.

The Black Book of Communism

Last edited:
Nazis and Nazi collaborators to work in US CIA and setting up US Cold War propaganda?
What was that?

You did not know that US employed Nazis????!!!!!!!!!

O, Lord!... Just how inadequate you, people, are...

Oh yeah! We actively imported NAZIs. Folks should just know that. Its not a bragging point but not hidden either. (earlier we discussed that I dont know what decisions I would have made with that or was uneasy with it but understanding)

Hey back to Stalin murdering people. Naturally we hear Joe was a monster second to Hitler. What do you hear or what do you think the truth is?

You are offering

a) I am not your comrade.
b) the only thing I am offering to you is an advice to piss off to the topics that are in line with your mental capabilities: soap operas, last night's piss-up, etc.

Can't slice and dice a comment to set up an out of context remark. So reported.

Now . . . to you.

Comrade, you are engaged in the failure of Stalinist revisionism. He along with Mao and Hitler and Pol Pot are among the very worst of humanity in the 20th century.

If you don't like the truth, no one cares, Comrade.

Naturally we hear Joe was a monster second to Hitler.

What do you hear or what do you think the truth is?

Naturally! What else do you expect to hear from your propaganda merchants?!

I already posted the official data, but here we go again:

At the peak of "repressions" -- 1937 the whole system of GULAG contained 1.196.369 people. Out of that number 87% were "ordinary" criminals (murderers, rapists, thieves, etc.). The remaining %% were there for commiting counter-revolutionary crimes: acts of terrorism, sabotage, anti-Soviet agitation, treason.

In 1947 GULAG contained 1.7 million inmates, out of that number -- 40% criminals, the rest were former Nazi police, trators, Nazi agents, OUN/UPA, Vlasovtsy, Forest Brothers and other "inocent" creatures.

The maximum number GULAG ever had was in 1950 -- 2 561 351; out of that number 77% were "ordinary" criminals, the rest: see paragraph above.

Between 1921 (before the USSR was formed! before the civil war was over!) and 1964 (10 years after Stalin's death!) for counter-revolutionary crimes (acts of terrorism, sabotage, anti-Soviet agitation, treason) were sentenced to death 642 980 people!

Now, compare it to present day US prison population -- just under 3 million.

So at some times Stalin had about half a million political prisioners?

How about death squads and executions?

My Stalin knowledge is built around this WWII fascination.

On a side note you can set Americans and Brits on looking up our own unit histories from the Russian civil war where we bith had troops fighting against the Communists. HMS Erebus comes to mind as it came up in a wargame discussion.

American North Russia Expeditionary Force (ANREF), 1918-1919, were relieved by 8,000 volunteer members of the British North Russian Relief Force in the north of Russia.

Nazis and Nazi collaborators to work in US CIA and setting up US Cold War propaganda?
What was that?

There was a grab for German scientists after WW II and most (like von Braun) were able to make it to make it to the west and out of Russian hands. Anyway, the real tragedy is that FDR did not green-light Patton and spare Poland, Czechoslovakia and Hungry the indignities of Stalin. Had it been Churchill's call, the Iron Curtain would have been limited to the inferior Eastern Slavs.

What was that?

There was a grab for German scientists after WW II and most (like von Braun) were able to make it to make it to the west and out of Russian hands. Anyway, the real tragedy is that FDR did not green-light Patton and spare Poland, Czechoslovakia and Hungry the indignities of Stalin. Had it been Churchill's call, the Iron Curtain would have been limited to the inferior Eastern Slavs.

Inferior?

You use that term geographically of genetically?

I am alarmed but want to give you a chance to orove I mis understood.

And about Patton going East, I am not sure that was a realistic possibility. Sure we could have gotten a few dozen more miles of land here or there but engaging the Red Army was probably a bad idea. Our inferior 1943 Shermans were going to have troubkes with the 1941 design T-34s and the air superiority we enjoyed against Germany would disappear against the Red Army.

Now wait until 46 when our naval air power could be brought to bear and it gets interesting.

Overall I don't think we could have sold that war to our public and won.

Inferior?

You use that term geographically of genetically?

I am alarmed but want to give you a chance to orove I mis understood.
I don't need the chance to "orove (you) mis understood" or even prove you misunderstood. Thanks anyway.

I don't agree with you about Patton. His army was situated to take Prague and could have done so easily. Would it have instigated an all out war? I very much doubt it given the exhaustion of the Red Army and its resources at that point and the fact they were still fighting in Germany, but we shall never know.

My concern is you may look like you think a person who lived on the other side of some mountain range is genetically inferior. Do you?

If you do at least man up and say it.

If you do not then I and maybe some others misunderstood.

I have nothing against Ukrainians or Russians. I am not Czech but I have lived here for 16 years and speak the language (and a damned difficult one at that). I am well-aware that Czechs, Slovaks and Poles view their eastern cousins as a bit inferior, and I was channeling that mostly to get under mememe's skin. Try not to concern yourself with such things. You'll live longer.

So at some times Stalin had about half a million political prisioners?

How about death squads and executions?

My Stalin knowledge is built around this WWII fascination.

On a side note you can set Americans and Brits on looking up our own unit histories from the Russian civil war where we bith had troops fighting against the Communists. HMS Erebus comes to mind as it came up in a wargame discussion.

If you refer to terrorism, sabotage, treason as "political"... Tell me, what do people get in US for such activities?

There were no "death squads". And I already gave a figure of executed from 1921 (when there was civil war going on, and before the USSR was formed) to 1964 (a decade after Stalin's death) -- 642 980 people.

Forum List

Back