Was watching the various New Years celebrations on TV, awful

You can't watch these networks and not feel that they are genuinely out of touch. No chemistry, no inspiring messages.

In New York, apparently, journalists were there to press the button for the ball drop, because they "had a tough year". Without disparaging those who have died in some countries covering important stories, we have seen a year of constant lies, misrepresentations and really anti-Americanism from many networks. Including CNN's own "Award Winner" in Germany who admitted to completely lying about his stories and interviews.

On CNN they had a woman on a super yacht, showing how the rich and famous ring in New Years I guess. How does this relate to ANYONE? They wonder why they are accused of being out of touch. They don't have bars in New York (which is as always, where they focused the majority of their coverage)?

Canadas wasn't very good either, but I will give CBC some credit for covering a very wide array of places and music types in Canada. From our Native culture, to country, African music and some crazy French band from Quebec. The coverage was nearly non-existent, just plugs for TV shows on state run news, and an ad from govt. of Alberta telling Canada we need to stop sending oil to America and find new markets, lol..

For those of us not interested in hitting a bar like I might have 20 years ago, give us some reasonable telecasts with people I can relate to. Are there ANY real musicians/celebrities with half a brain? For the Love of God...

We played cards with a nice fire in our gas fire place and listened to music. Went to bed at 2230 an awakened with no hangover at 0630.
Used to call watching the ball drop in person as amateur hour

None of my favorite singers are ever a part of the night's entertainment and so I never have any real reason to tune in.

God bless you and my favorites who are still here always!!!

Holly

You watched programs you dislike just so you could complain about them. Seems like a silly way to spend your time, but whatever.

Well what are you expected to do till the ball drops? Knit sweaters?

TV audience drop- confirmed to be a double digit loss.

Predictable, I think people are getting tired of edgy and might want a little more normalcy in these chaotic times.

TV Ratings: New Year's Eve Broadcasts Fall, ABC Stays Dominant

The primetime portion of ABC's telecast averaged a 2.2 rating among adults 18-49 and 7.92 million viewers from 8 to 10 p.m. and a 3.5 and 11.47 million from 10 to 11 p.m. For all of primetime, the network is down 30 percent versus New Year's Eve in 2017 (2.6 versus 3.7) and 25 percent in viewers (9.1 million versus 11.21 million).

The 2017 Primetime New Year's Rockin' Eve hit a multiyear high, as bitterly cold weather in much of the country kept more people inside and watching TV. Monday's broadcast came in a little ahead of 2016's (2.5, 8.26 million).

NBC averaged 1.1 among adults 18-49 primetime with A Toast to 2018! and NBC's New Year's Eve; Fox's New Year's Eve With Steve Harvey delivered a 0.9 in primetime. CBS (0.4) and The CW (0.2) aired reruns.

ABC's dominance extended into late night, where all three networks were also down. New Year's Rockin' Evedrew an 8.3 household rating in metered markets and a 6.5 in adults 18-49 for ABC, off 26 and 22 percent, respectively, versus 2017 numbers. NBC (4.8 households, 2.7 in 18-49) slipped 8 percent versus its last New Year's Eve special in 2016, and Fox (3.8 households, 3.0 in 18-49) came down 22 percent in households and 14 percent in the demo.

I was told Americans were unfriendly, meanwhile when I was in New Orleans and Texas, I was shocked by how friendly they were.

The Saints are 13-3 with a first round bye and knocking on a 2nd super bowl in 10 years. Everyone is happy in new Orleans right now. I wouldn't risk it going to New Orleans on a monday morning after the Saints lose a game. Do so at your own risk.

You can't watch these networks and not feel that they are genuinely out of touch. No chemistry, no inspiring messages.

In New York, apparently, journalists were there to press the button for the ball drop, because they "had a tough year". Without disparaging those who have died in some countries covering important stories, we have seen a year of constant lies, misrepresentations and really anti-Americanism from many networks. Including CNN's own "Award Winner" in Germany who admitted to completely lying about his stories and interviews.

On CNN they had a woman on a super yacht, showing how the rich and famous ring in New Years I guess. How does this relate to ANYONE? They wonder why they are accused of being out of touch. They don't have bars in New York (which is as always, where they focused the majority of their coverage)?

Canadas wasn't very good either, but I will give CBC some credit for covering a very wide array of places and music types in Canada. From our Native culture, to country, African music and some crazy French band from Quebec. The coverage was nearly non-existent, just plugs for TV shows on state run news, and an ad from govt. of Alberta telling Canada we need to stop sending oil to America and find new markets, lol..

For those of us not interested in hitting a bar like I might have 20 years ago, give us some reasonable telecasts with people I can relate to. Are there ANY real musicians/celebrities with half a brain? For the Love of God...

I didn't bother. I went to bed.

Does Canada not have remote controls that allows one to change the channel?

Notice the title, "various", meaning "multiple, a variety of different selections" etc.

I watched CNN, NBC, CBC, a couple of local ones. We are not allowed Fox News as our government wants us to only watch left wing b.s.

All pretty week. It's sad when CBC was the more enjoyable of the lot. At least there wasn't childish, high school jokes and pranks being played for our "entertainment".

"We are not allowed"... says it all.

Notice the title, "various", meaning "multiple, a variety of different selections" etc.

I watched CNN, NBC, CBC, a couple of local ones. We are not allowed Fox News as our government wants us to only watch left wing b.s.

All pretty week. It's sad when CBC was the more enjoyable of the lot. At least there wasn't childish, high school jokes and pranks being played for our "entertainment".

Fox News is available everywhere in Canada on cable as long as you pay for it,

My comment was not about availability of Fox News.

Nitpicking.

Nitpicking.

You're crystal clear on that one.

Forum List

Back