Was Trump 'obligated' to pursue corruption in Ukraine?

Trump claimed that he was obligated by the Constitution to talk to Ukraine about the Biden's and their supposed corruption.
"If you look and you read our Constitution and many other things, I have an obligation to look at corruption."
Is that true?

Where in the Constitution does it say that the President of the United States must 'look at corruption' in a foreign country?
Obligated? No
Right to? Absolutely

Trump claimed that he was obligated by the Constitution to talk to Ukraine about the Biden's and their supposed corruption.
"If you look and you read our Constitution and many other things, I have an obligation to look at corruption."
Is that true?

Where in the Constitution does it say that the President of the United States must 'look at corruption' in a foreign country?

So is this a plea for Trump to "back off"?

Where did I make that plea?

I know for you Trumpkins actually quoting Trump and challenging his facts is of course 'Fake News'! and that you prefer your alternative facts brought to you by the White House.

Trump claimed he was Constitutionally obligated to pursue corruption- I am asking two things:
a) Do you believe that Trump has an obligation to 'pursue corruption' and
b) Where is that Constitutional obligation?

Presidents and Attorneys General are supposed to enforce the law. Under Article II, Section 3 of the Constitution, the President shall “take care that the laws be faithfully executed…” In other words, Trump and Barr both have a legitimate interest in rooting out potential corruption and executing the law, even if those who are breaking the law are members of the opposition party and are doing it overseas.

In addition, under the U.S.-Ukraine Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty of 1998, partner countries are required to cooperate on law enforcement matters.

Trump the birther thought the DNC server is in the Ukraine! BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

And where did the credulous birther moron get that idea?

From two pay-for-play crooks.

Priceless.

Searching for corruption, my ass. Trump was trying to exonerate the love of his life, Putin, and by extension, himself. Trump refuses to accept he is in office because of the leg up he got from Putin. So he stupidly falls for any hoax which says otherwise.

What a maroon!
Maybe from the original birther, Hillary.
Let's go ahead and stipulate that Hillary was the first birther. She wasn't, but let's pretend she was.

So you are telling me Donald Trump licked up Hillary's piss and ran with it.

And this makes the dumb idiot look better...how?

Answer me this: Just how stupid did it make you Democrats look when you lapped up Donald Trump's "“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing, I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press” joke and ran with it?

That didn't quite turn out like you expected, did it? :laughing0301:

Joke? Why do Trumpkins find it a joke when Trump asks foreign countries to interfere in our elections?

The joke is that Obama and his administration through their own incompetence, neglected to prevent that. They actually encouraged it and most likely, took a part in it.

Is that true?

Article VI.

"This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land"

The USA has a Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters Treaty with Ukraine. Trump's oath of office obligates him to abide by it.

/thread
Well I give you points on this- you are the first to actually to try to answer the question!

However, it doesn't really work. Trump would be obligated to help Ukraine if Ukraine asked for assistance- say if Ukraine was investigating Donald Trump Jr. The Treaty doesn't obligate the U.S. to request assistance from Ukraine.

But I will go with you answering- yes Trump has that obligation.

Do you think that Trump would have violated his oath of office if he failed to ask the Ukraine to look into corruption?

Is that true?

How funny is it to hear our most corrupt president in over a century say he has an obligation to look at corruption. :lol:

And then he and Rudy the Hand Grenade hire two criminals to find it. BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

What's funny is you claiming him to be so corrupt, but not being able to point to a shred of evidence, while ignoring egregious corruption that is right in your face that is committed by the dems.

Feel free to provide the evidence of the corruption 'committed by the dems'.

Do you think Trump was obligated to ask a foreign country to look into corruption?

Is that true?

So is this a plea for Trump to "back off"?

Where did I make that plea?

I know for you Trumpkins actually quoting Trump and challenging his facts is of course 'Fake News'! and that you prefer your alternative facts brought to you by the White House.

Trump claimed he was Constitutionally obligated to pursue corruption- I am asking two things:
a) Do you believe that Trump has an obligation to 'pursue corruption' and
b) Where is that Constitutional obligation?

Presidents and Attorneys General are supposed to enforce the law. Under Article II, Section 3 of the Constitution, the President shall “take care that the laws be faithfully executed…” In other words, Trump and Barr both have a legitimate interest in rooting out potential corruption and executing the law, even if those who are breaking the law are members of the opposition party and are doing it overseas.

In addition, under the U.S.-Ukraine Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty of 1998, partner countries are required to cooperate on law enforcement matters.

Legitimate interest? Or obligation?

Is that true?

/——/ Clinton signed a treaty agreeing to work with the Ukraine on corruption.

Is that true?

How funny is it to hear our most corrupt president in over a century say he has an obligation to look at corruption. :lol:

And then he and Rudy the Hand Grenade hire two criminals to find it. BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

What's funny is you claiming him to be so corrupt, but not being able to point to a shred of evidence, while ignoring egregious corruption that is right in your face that is committed by the dems.

Do you think Trump was obligated to ask a foreign country to look into corruption?

Uranium one. Bidens son taking in tens of millions from countries his dad was responsible for in the obummer admin.
Clinton foundation donations STOPPING the day after the shrilary lost the election.

All of this obvious if you're not a political whore.

Only a good President tries to protect his countries reputation. That certainly wasn't Obama. And you know how Trump is. When 3 billion dollars of out tax money goes to the gas industry in Ukraine, and they give Biden's kid a million dollar know nothing job in return, you'd have to be a fool, or a Democrat, to try and justify that. And Trump's nobodies fool.

Unfortunately Trump is our fool.

Trump doesn't give a damn about the 'reputation' of the United States- he cares only about Trump.

Is that true?

Uranium one. Bidens son taking in tens of millions from countries his dad was responsible for in the obummer admin.
Clinton foundation donations STOPPING the day after the shrilary lost the election.

I said evidence- not the mindless pratting of right wing conspiracy yokels.

Hells bells- Uranium one is particularly ironic since Trump has unilaterally given nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia.

One big happy crime family:

lev-parnas-trump-ukraine-1-768x409.jpg

Two indicted

One being investigated for those same crimes

And the Orange Criminal about to be Impeached.

Great pic

Is that true?

I think he does, but Hunter hasn't been in the Ukraine for years. I'm not defending what he did when his father was VP, but it happened. But Trump and the DoS does need to push Ukraine to a more transparent investment market. Unfortunately, his firing of the Ambassador to Ukraine was just the opposite. He wanted to make Ukraine further he political career for military aid, and that is corrupt.
Who Biden? Trump did not hold up aid it went thru-this is a big nothing!

Is that true?

Hells bells- Uranium one is particularly ironic since Trump has unilaterally given nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia.

That is evidence dumbshit. It's called prima facie evidence.

Look it up.

More of the same: Liberals desperately clutching at whatever they can to prove that Hillary should have been the President. You'd have thought they would have given up after the Mueller fiasco, but they keep trying, and trying, and trying, and trying...

Enough of this bullshit. I'm out of this thread.

That is evidence dumbshit. It's called prima facie evidence.

Look it up.

Its called the mindless pratting of right wing conspiracy yokels.

Hell by that standard of 'evidence' Trump is guilty of all sorts of crimes from sexual assault to obstruction of justice.

More of the same: Liberals desperately clutching at whatever they can to prove that Hillary should have been the President. You'd have thought they would have given up after the Mueller fiasco, but they keep trying, and trying, and trying, and trying...

Enough of this bullshit. I'm out of this thread.
Don't let the door hit your ass as you run terrified out of the room.

Is that true?

I've had enough of your butthurt ignorance. Bye.

Is that true?

The president is obligated to see the law be faithfully executed. Insofar as there are laws or regulations mandating that foreign aid shall only be released when there is a certification that safeguards are in place to ensure the funds aren't squandered or stolen, yes, there may well be an obligation to look into corruption.

There is only one problem with that mendacious pap: The Pentagon certified in May, 2019, that Ukraine made substantial strides to root out corruption, and informed Congress Ukraine should receive the funds:

But in a letter sent to four congressional committees in May of this year and obtained by NPR, Undersecretary of Defense for Policy John Rood informed lawmakers that he "certified that the Government of Ukraine has taken substantial actions to make defense institutional reforms for the purposes of decreasing corruption [and] increasing accountability."

The certification was required by law for the release of $250 million in security assistance for Ukraine.​

Forum List

Back