Was the Nashville shooting a hate crime?

Nevermind the rise in crime in Red States and cities with Republican Mayors....

GOP blames Dems for crime but murder rates far higher in red states

Moron......

In February 2022, CBS News published a report about cities with the highest homicide rate, "Murder map: Deadliest U.S. cities." Of the top 10 deadliest cities in the country, all of them are cities with Democratic mayors. Moreover, of the 65 cities on this list with the highest murder rates, the overwhelming majority had Democratic mayors. And, to quote Clinton, "that's just a fact."
----
On Nov. 4, the Heritage Foundation released a study showing that "high-crime counties are governed largely by Democrats."

It revealed that of the 30 cities with the highest murder rates in the country, 27 have Democratic mayors. Furthermore, of those 27 cities, nearly half (14) have radical left-wing prosecutors funded or inspired by affluent billionaire and leftist political activist George Soros and the Open Society Foundation.
"The high murder rate is almost exclusively cabined in cities run by Democrats and with Democrat district attorneys, many of whom are Soros bought-and-paid-for rogue prosecutors or inspired by Soros, groups like the egregiously misnamed Fair and Just Prosecution and other battering rams of the movement," the authors of the study stated.

Don't believe Democrats' lies — blue cities, not red states, have the violent crime problem
=======

From poster, Toobfreak.

I chose 58 cities as that was the largest number I could fit on a page. I then went through each city one by one to look up the major of every city. Aside from the fact that you can forget finding any pattern of cities in "red" states being the most with the highest crime as the idiot Marc tries to claim, but I went down the list marking all the mayors of the highest crimes cities in America in BRIGHT RED who were DEMOCRATS.

Look at what I found:

Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 7.02.25 PM.png

Every city above in red is RUN BY A DEMOCRAT!

Murder map: Deadliest U.S. cities

Also.....

The No. 1 state on Third Way’s list is Mississippi. Sure enough, the statewide vote in the 2020 election was for Trump. But within the state, Hinds County residents voted for Joe Biden, 3 to 1. Mississippi’s biggest city, Jackson, is in Hinds County. You know where this is going.
Reporting on Jackson last year, CNN declared it “one of the deadliest U.S. cities.”

The mayor of Jackson is Chokwe Antar Lumumba, a Democrat. The district attorney is Jody Owens, a Democrat.
No. 2 on the list is Louisiana. Trump won that state, too. But on the more local level, he lost Orleans, the parish that contains New Orleans, the state’s most populous city. Residents there went for Biden almost 8 to 1.
“New Orleans had the highest homicide rate of any major city so far this year, with about 41 homicides per 100,000 residents.”— The Wall Street Journal, Sep. 16, 2022
The mayor of New Orleans is LaToya Cantrell, a Democrat. The district attorney is Jason Williams, also a Democrat.
No. 3 on the list is Kentucky, another red state that voted to elect Trump. But Kentucky’s biggest city Louisville is in Jefferson County and 60 percent of those voters supported Biden.
This is from Kentucky-based think tank Pegasus Institute in August: “In the last decade, the city of Louisville has seen unprecedented increases in shootings and homicides. 2020 became Louisville’s deadliest year on record, and 2021 have proven to continue that trend.” The organization reported last year that Louisville’s homicide rate was competing with the likes of Chicago and Philadelphia.
The mayor of Louisville is Greg Fischer, a Democrat. The district attorney is Thomas B. Wine. He is also a Democrat.
Next is Alabama at No. 4, another 2020 red state. But Biden won the most votes in the most populous county, also called Jefferson. He won 56 percent to Trump’s 43. Within Jefferson is the city of Birmingham, which has the third-highest murder ratein all of the U.S.
The mayor of Birmingham is Randall Woodfin. He’s a Democrat, just like the district attorney, Danny Carr.
In slot No. 5 is Missouri. Again, a Trump state. And again, with the county containing its biggest city, St. Louis, going for Biden, 61 percent to Trump’s 37. St. Louis has the fourth-highest murder rate in the country.
Mayor: Tishaura Jones, Democrat.
County prosecuting attorney: Wesley Bell, same.
No. 6 is South Carolina. Trump won that state, but Charleston County, with the city of North Charleston, went for Biden with 56 percent of the vote. North Charleston has the highest murder rate in the state.
Finally, here we have a city with a mayor, Keith Summey, from the Republican Party. The county solicitor — Charleston does not have a district attorney — is Scarlett Wilson, also a Republican.
Not that we’re keeping score, but that brings the number on this list of Republicans who might feasibly be held accountable for raging crime in their cities to a grand total of two. For Democrats, it’s so far 10.
The next two states on Third Way’s report, New Mexico and Georgia, went blue in 2020, so we’ll skip those.
No. 9 is Arkansas, which was red. But again, Pulaski County, with the state’s biggest city of Little Rock, went blue with 60 percent of voters choosing Biden. That city reportedly has one of the highest violent crime rates in the state. The mayor of Little Rock is Frank Scott, a Democrat. The county prosecutor, Larry Jegley, is a Democrat as well.
Lastly, at No. 10, is Tennessee. Another red state with a major blue county that went for Biden. That county here would be Shelby, with 64 percent of the vote going to the president. In Shelby is the city of Memphis, which, according to The New York Times, “is often ranked among the nation’s most violent cities.”
The mayor of Memphis is Jim Strickland, a Democrat. Steve Mulroy, a Democrat, is the recently-elected district attorney.
To recap, of the eight red states listed in Third Way’s report as being among the top 10 with the highest murder rate, the cities where all that murder is happening are run almost exclusively by Democrats. All but one had a Democrat mayor. And all but one had a Democrat responsible for pursuing criminal prosecutions.

The Left's Funny New Lie: It's The 'Red States' With More Crime!

No.....blacks have been the victims of the democrat party since the party was founded by two slave owners....the democrat party owns the education system....blacks are trapped in these schools where the democrat party teachers unions refuse to force teachers to actually teach them math, english, and science..........

The democrat party has been destroying blacks since the days the democrats owned black humans as slaves....
That's stupid. The Southern Democrats who used legislation to segregate Black Americans from wealth and opportunity were white. The people who run those Democratic cities and schools are now Black. Unfortunately we still have to deal with a white majority who have no intention of addressing the inequalities created by those previous racist regimes. Black mayors and educators have to deal with racist white governors who starve their communities of investment and even federal assistance as we are discovering in places like Jackson Mississippi. It's no coincidence Black Americans see poorer outcomes, more poverty, less education and shorter life expectancies in southern red States lead by Republican Mayors.

Ever hear of a "non-sequitur". That's one right there.
That's not what a non-sequitur is. Socio-economic disparities accounting for disparities in crime is an explanation for the disparities seen between black and white Americans not a non- sequitur. What is actually a non-sequitur is to offer up a photo of police line ups with no commentary or context during a discussion on America's problem with gun violence.

Moron......

In February 2022, CBS News published a report about cities with the highest homicide rate, "Murder map: Deadliest U.S. cities." Of the top 10 deadliest cities in the country, all of them are cities with Democratic mayors. Moreover, of the 65 cities on this list with the highest murder rates, the overwhelming majority had Democratic mayors. And, to quote Clinton, "that's just a fact."
----
On Nov. 4, the Heritage Foundation released a study showing that "high-crime counties are governed largely by Democrats."

It revealed that of the 30 cities with the highest murder rates in the country, 27 have Democratic mayors. Furthermore, of those 27 cities, nearly half (14) have radical left-wing prosecutors funded or inspired by affluent billionaire and leftist political activist George Soros and the Open Society Foundation.
"The high murder rate is almost exclusively cabined in cities run by Democrats and with Democrat district attorneys, many of whom are Soros bought-and-paid-for rogue prosecutors or inspired by Soros, groups like the egregiously misnamed Fair and Just Prosecution and other battering rams of the movement," the authors of the study stated.

Don't believe Democrats' lies — blue cities, not red states, have the violent crime problem
=======

From poster, Toobfreak.

I chose 58 cities as that was the largest number I could fit on a page. I then went through each city one by one to look up the major of every city. Aside from the fact that you can forget finding any pattern of cities in "red" states being the most with the highest crime as the idiot Marc tries to claim, but I went down the list marking all the mayors of the highest crimes cities in America in BRIGHT RED who were DEMOCRATS.

Look at what I found:

Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 7.02.25 PM.png

Every city above in red is RUN BY A DEMOCRAT!

Murder map: Deadliest U.S. cities

Also.....

The No. 1 state on Third Way’s list is Mississippi. Sure enough, the statewide vote in the 2020 election was for Trump. But within the state, Hinds County residents voted for Joe Biden, 3 to 1. Mississippi’s biggest city, Jackson, is in Hinds County. You know where this is going.
Reporting on Jackson last year, CNN declared it “one of the deadliest U.S. cities.”

The mayor of Jackson is Chokwe Antar Lumumba, a Democrat. The district attorney is Jody Owens, a Democrat.
No. 2 on the list is Louisiana. Trump won that state, too. But on the more local level, he lost Orleans, the parish that contains New Orleans, the state’s most populous city. Residents there went for Biden almost 8 to 1.
“New Orleans had the highest homicide rate of any major city so far this year, with about 41 homicides per 100,000 residents.”— The Wall Street Journal, Sep. 16, 2022
The mayor of New Orleans is LaToya Cantrell, a Democrat. The district attorney is Jason Williams, also a Democrat.
No. 3 on the list is Kentucky, another red state that voted to elect Trump. But Kentucky’s biggest city Louisville is in Jefferson County and 60 percent of those voters supported Biden.
This is from Kentucky-based think tank Pegasus Institute in August: “In the last decade, the city of Louisville has seen unprecedented increases in shootings and homicides. 2020 became Louisville’s deadliest year on record, and 2021 have proven to continue that trend.” The organization reported last year that Louisville’s homicide rate was competing with the likes of Chicago and Philadelphia.
The mayor of Louisville is Greg Fischer, a Democrat. The district attorney is Thomas B. Wine. He is also a Democrat.
Next is Alabama at No. 4, another 2020 red state. But Biden won the most votes in the most populous county, also called Jefferson. He won 56 percent to Trump’s 43. Within Jefferson is the city of Birmingham, which has the third-highest murder ratein all of the U.S.
The mayor of Birmingham is Randall Woodfin. He’s a Democrat, just like the district attorney, Danny Carr.
In slot No. 5 is Missouri. Again, a Trump state. And again, with the county containing its biggest city, St. Louis, going for Biden, 61 percent to Trump’s 37. St. Louis has the fourth-highest murder rate in the country.
Mayor: Tishaura Jones, Democrat.
County prosecuting attorney: Wesley Bell, same.
No. 6 is South Carolina. Trump won that state, but Charleston County, with the city of North Charleston, went for Biden with 56 percent of the vote. North Charleston has the highest murder rate in the state.
Finally, here we have a city with a mayor, Keith Summey, from the Republican Party. The county solicitor — Charleston does not have a district attorney — is Scarlett Wilson, also a Republican.
Not that we’re keeping score, but that brings the number on this list of Republicans who might feasibly be held accountable for raging crime in their cities to a grand total of two. For Democrats, it’s so far 10.
The next two states on Third Way’s report, New Mexico and Georgia, went blue in 2020, so we’ll skip those.
No. 9 is Arkansas, which was red. But again, Pulaski County, with the state’s biggest city of Little Rock, went blue with 60 percent of voters choosing Biden. That city reportedly has one of the highest violent crime rates in the state. The mayor of Little Rock is Frank Scott, a Democrat. The county prosecutor, Larry Jegley, is a Democrat as well.
Lastly, at No. 10, is Tennessee. Another red state with a major blue county that went for Biden. That county here would be Shelby, with 64 percent of the vote going to the president. In Shelby is the city of Memphis, which, according to The New York Times, “is often ranked among the nation’s most violent cities.”
The mayor of Memphis is Jim Strickland, a Democrat. Steve Mulroy, a Democrat, is the recently-elected district attorney.
To recap, of the eight red states listed in Third Way’s report as being among the top 10 with the highest murder rate, the cities where all that murder is happening are run almost exclusively by Democrats. All but one had a Democrat mayor. And all but one had a Democrat responsible for pursuing criminal prosecutions.

The Left's Funny New Lie: It's The 'Red States' With More Crime!
Cutting and pasting isnt an argument. It leaves you unable to address my point that black populations face worse outcomes under republican governors.

What we have in our country is a vast gulf between the definition of hate crimes and the actual implementation of the principles for assessing them.

Woke identity politics has reduced the whole notion to a joke where all that is actually being considered is the identity of both the perp and the victim and not whether it it is actually a hate crimes.
I think it stems from the belief that white people are racists but since blacks are in the minority, they can't possibly be racists.

That's not what a non-sequitur is. Socio-economic disparities accounting for disparities in crime is an explanation for the disparities seen between black and white Americans not a non- sequitur. What is actually a non-sequitur is to offer up a photo of police line ups with no commentary or context during a discussion on America's problem with gun violence.
Hahaha….you are wrong every time you speak.
There is no such thing as “gun violence”…..guns never commit crimes or violence…Dark and weird Democrats do.

I think it stems from the belief that white people are racists but since blacks are in the minority, they can't possibly be racists.
Yep

It is all just an elaborate system of privilege based upon imaginary victim status. Some identities are automatically cast as the oppressor and others are automatically cast as victims, and the latter group enjoys privileges not afforded the other.

Last edited:
You said:
"The prevalence of racism and discrimination doesn't preclude all Black people from achieving wealth and success."

1. Racism is not "prevalent", it probably occurs occasionally, but I'm not seeing it.

2. Discrimination probably occurs more often than racism, probably due to concerns for personal safety.
Which famous black guy said something like: "if I'm walking down the street and I see a black guy coming toward me, I cross the street?" That's probably discrimination, but due to the lawlessness exhibited by blacks.

3. You make it sound that being a successful black person is rare. I disagree. The more successful people we have pulling the wagon instead of riding in it the better.

So in evaluating your statement I rated it as "false". You remind me of that black prof that had a beer with Obama. The racial baggage that guy had was obvious.

You said:
"The prevalence of racism and discrimination doesn't preclude all Black people from achieving wealth and success."

1. Racism is not "prevalent", it probably occurs occasionally, but I'm not seeing it.
Who gives a shit? Did anyone ever claim the prevalence of racism was dependent on your ability to spot it? The poster I was having that exchange with already conceded that Black Americans were the victims of racism. It's a argument many Republicans happily make when they think it allows them to smear Democrats from the previous century. When comes time to talk about addressing the affects of those racist policies all of a sudden it fades to legend again.
2. Discrimination probably occurs more often than racism, probably due to concerns for personal safety.
Which famous black guy said something like: "if I'm walking down the street and I see a black guy coming toward me, I cross the street?" That's probably discrimination, but due to the lawlessness exhibited by blacks.
I don't give a shit what famous guy said what. Identity politics is your bag, not mine.
3. You make it sound that being a successful black person is rare. I disagree. The more successful people we have pulling the wagon instead of riding in it the better.
What I'm saying is that socio-economic inequality is a fact. What you may or may not consider rare is subjective and irrelevant. Black families have 10 times less wealth on average than white families and even successful black families off college graduates has less wealth on average than white families without college educations.

Examining the Black-white wealth gap
So in evaluating your statement I rated it as "false". You remind me of that black prof that had a beer with Obama. The racial baggage that guy had was obvious.
Fewer and fewer people, especially those in the mainstream and with wealth, could care less how ignorant racist piecies of shit feel. Diversity and social justice are good for business it turns out.

Who gives a shit? Did anyone ever claim the prevalence of racism was dependent on your ability to spot it? The poster I was having that exchange with already conceded that Black Americans were the victims of racism. It's a argument many Republicans happily make when they think it allows them to smear Democrats from the previous century. When comes time to talk about addressing the affects of those racist policies all of a sudden it fades to legend again.

I don't give a shit what famous guy said what. Identity politics is your bag, not mine.

What I'm saying is that socioeconomic inequality is a fact. What you may or may not consider rare is subjective and irrelevant. Black families have 10 times less wealth on average than white families and even successful black families off college graduates has less wealth on average than white families without college educations.

Examining the Black-white wealth gap

Fewer and fewer people, especially those in the mainstream and with wealth, could care less how ignorant racist pieces of shit feel. Diversity and social justice are good for business it turns out.
1. The word I objected to was "prevalent". Racism exists. Orientals are punished for being too smart.

2. Jesse Jackson said that quote. Black lawlessness hurts your argument.

3. Yes socioeconomic inequality is a fact. We disagree on why there is such an inequality. Missing black fathers is a factor, poor performance in school is a factor, look at Baltimore, no black kids can do math!! Don't blame racism for poor performance. As we showed, those that work hard can be successful. The lazy and criminals get punished.

4. Instead of examining the wealth gap, you should be looking at the education gap. Same source as your wealth gap.
1680115948528.png

Cutting and pasting isnt an argument. It leaves you unable to address my point that black populations face worse outcomes under republican governors.

Yeah....I post the truth about democrat party voting districts and their crime, and you bitch out and spew "Copy and paste...."

Do you find it weird that Democrats can’t connect dark and weird Democrats to the person operating that scary gun? Do you find it weird that Democrats pretend guns are autonomous?

very interesting that they don't see the person behind that evil gun

probably because they would see themselves (or a close approximation thereof)

Forum List

Back