Was Lyndon Johnson the Worst US President?

DustyInfinity

Platinum Member
Jan 6, 2018
Midwest
I think it is safe to say that LBJ was the Godfather of generational poverty. He wrecked families and put people on welfare. This is why I'm nominating him the worst US President in my book. I think he knowingly destroyed families to create a reliable voting base. Killing families on purpose for political gain is about as bad as it can get in my book. I feel this is even worse than Obama's corruption of the justice system and using government to go after political targets. I'm not huge into presidential history, was there anyone worse than Johnson? I think I've heard from others on this forum that he did great damage to our method of governance as well, causing problems we are still seeing today. It is hard to image a more damaging president. For my liberal friends who will immediately say Trump is evil, would you at least be kind enough to give a concrete reason why you believe this? Not just that you think he has a bad demeanor, or that you don't like him as a person. Try to give some policy.

I think it is safe to say that LBJ was the Godfather of generational poverty. He wrecked families and put people on welfare. This is why I'm nominating him the worst US President in my book. I think he knowingly destroyed families to create a reliable voting base. Killing families on purpose for political gain is about as bad as it can get in my book. I feel this is even worse than Obama's corruption of the justice system and using government to go after political targets. I'm not huge into presidential history, was there anyone worse than Johnson? I think I've heard from others on this forum that he did great damage to our method of governance as well, causing problems we are still seeing today. It is hard to image a more damaging president. For my liberal friends who will immediately say Trump is evil, would you at least be kind enough to give a concrete reason why you believe this? Not just that you think he has a bad demeanor, or that you don't like him as a person. Try to give some policy.
LBJ is the 4th worst. Woodrow Wilson segregationist and KKK lover is 3rd worst. 2nd worst is Jimmy the feckless Carter and is malaise. And the winner of the worst president ever ....goes to the brown turd Obammmy who threw his grandmother under the bus, created cash for clunkers, paid Solyindra 1/2 billion of tax dollars that ended up bankrupt but the CEO's instant millionaires, blamed Bush for his 8 years of Obammy's failures, and then "spied" on US citizens on his way out of office.

LBJ had carte blanche do the death of JFK. He knew it when he decided not to run in 1968. He was in over his head. All of this stuff started to make things right from the issues at the time, and now we are repeating things in a much more higher taxed environment with ethics and morals a thousand times worse.

LBJ had JFK killed and nobody will convince me otherwise.LBJ escalated the Vietnam war .He handed Nixon a mess.

No Obama worst POTUS ever and Pervet Joe Biden worst VP ever

No you lying pos, nagga omama was.

I'll have to disagree here. At least Obama went after mostly political targets. Johnson went after citizens for political reasons.

LBJ is the 4th worst. Woodrow Wilson segregationist and KKK lover is 3rd worst. 2nd worst is Jimmy the feckless Carter and is malaise. And the winner of the worst president ever ....goes to the brown turd Obammmy who threw his grandmother under the bus, created cash for clunkers, paid Solyindra 1/2 billion of tax dollars that ended up bankrupt but the CEO's instant millionaires, blamed Bush for his 8 years of Obammy's failures, and then "spied" on US citizens on his way out of office.

I'm curious. Carter was before my time, and I hear he was a disaster and over his head, but what did he do that was worse than Johnson breaking up families and putting people on welfare? Did Carter mess up that bad?

I think it is safe to say that LBJ was the Godfather of generational poverty.

Nope, that would be a retarded thing to say. Generational Poverty existed before LBJ got there, and it didn't disappear when Clinton and Gingrich "Reformed" welfare to punish people for being poor.

This is why I'm nominating him the worst US President in my book. I think he knowingly destroyed families to create a reliable voting base. Killing families on purpose for political gain is about as bad as it can get in my book.

Assumes facts not in evidence. The traditional family has vanished for a lot of reasons. I could argue that the real killer has been the corporate mentality that puts people in debt until their late 30's, which means they put off having families until their biological clocks are about to run out.

I'm not huge into presidential history, was there anyone worse than Johnson?

Yes, we can tell you don't understand Presidential History by making the kinds of comments you made.

Here's my list of ones who were much, much worse.

Trump. - Just an awful human being. Racist, gave us riots, plagues and recession.
Andrew Johnson- Screwed up Reconstruction, gave us the racial problems we have to this very day.
James Buchanan- Ignored the buildup to the Civil War
Nixon- Corrupted the system to his own ends.
Coolidge - Ignored the market fraud that caused the Great Depression, which plunged us into WWII.

Obama/Joe Biden Care 458,000 people killed, 58 million Jobs lost 14,500 small Busines destroyed 1 Trillion Dollars cost and this Country has no Health care in 2020??

You realize that the Solyndra loan was approved under Bush, right?
What he said about his Grandma was bad, but then again, he was making a point. A lot of white people who aren't frothing racists like you are do engage in casual racism.
Bush wrecked the economy. Obama fixed it. Trump wrecked it again. Good work.

You realize that the Solyndra loan was approved under Bush, right?
What he said about his Grandma was bad, but then again, he was making a point. A lot of white people who aren't frothing racists like you are do engage in casual racism.
Bush wrecked the economy. Obama fixed it. Trump wrecked it again. Good work.
Obama the Worst POTUS Ever this is as childish as twitter go to Russia with Hillary

I think it is safe to say that LBJ was the Godfather of generational poverty.

Nope, that would be a retarded thing to say. Generational Poverty existed before LBJ got there, and it didn't disappear when Clinton and Gingrich "Reformed" welfare to punish people for being poor.

This is why I'm nominating him the worst US President in my book. I think he knowingly destroyed families to create a reliable voting base. Killing families on purpose for political gain is about as bad as it can get in my book.

Assumes facts not in evidence. The traditional family has vanished for a lot of reasons. I could argue that the real killer has been the corporate mentality that puts people in debt until their late 30's, which means they put off having families until their biological clocks are about to run out.

I'm not huge into presidential history, was there anyone worse than Johnson?

Yes, we can tell you don't understand Presidential History by making the kinds of comments you made.

Here's my list of ones who were much, much worse.

Trump. - Just an awful human being. Racist, gave us riots, plagues and recession.
Andrew Johnson- Screwed up Reconstruction, gave us the racial problems we have to this very day.
James Buchanan- Ignored the buildup to the Civil War
Nixon- Corrupted the system to his own ends.
Coolidge - Ignored the market fraud that caused the Great Depression, which plunged us into WWII.

The Johnson Campaign had people going door to door telling people not to get married because they would lose government benefits. I believe this makes him the master of generational poverty. The statistics on families after he did this is dreadful. It was a sinister and disastrous move.

I asked in the OP if you could please give me some policy based reason on why you would pick Trump. You just said you didn't like him and blamed him for the virus. If you could give any policy at all, I'd appreciate it.

Domestically, he did great things.

LBJ treated his dogs worse than the negroes.

See the source image

Obama/Joe Biden Care 458,000 people killed, 58 million Jobs lost 14,500 small Busines destroyed 1 Trillion Dollars cost and this Country has no Health care in 2020??
It ain't the governments job to provide heath care.

I'll have to disagree here. At least Obama went after mostly political targets. Johnson went after citizens for political reasons.
Obama used the IRS to attack citizens that didnt agree with his policies. He allowed sanctuary cities and states to spring up in the US, while bringing in diseased immigrants around the world and the first president ever to bring "Ebola" to the US....

I would have to say it would go in this order.

1. Woodrow Wilson--WW1--Federal Reserve---I seriously hope he is burning in hell.
2. Lincoln--Vermin piece of shit.
3. LBJ--War on poverty--Nam
4. Clinton--Gramm-Leach-Bliley/NAFTA/China 'most favored nation' trading status
5. Bush Jr.--CAFTA/Patriot Act

Obama used the IRS to attack citizens that didnt agree with his policies. He allowed sanctuary cities and states to spring up in the US, while bringing in diseased immigrants around the world and the first president ever to bring "Ebola" to the US....

I know he used the IRS against citizens, though far fewer people were targeted than Johnson. You might convince me yet, because I didn't think of all the sanctuary nonsense.

Forum List

Back