Was Adam’s first sin that of not reproducing?

Lilith was before Eve. But she was naughty so she had to go.

Indeed. She dared put a man in his place.

The bitch was even bitching about the beatings.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGtQvGGY4S4]Theo van Gogh/Ayaan Hirsi Ali: "Submission" pt 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Regards
DL

Gen 1; 28 And God blessed them; and God said unto them: 'Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth,

Strangely woman disappears. Then Gen 2; 18 And the LORD God said: 'It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a help meet for him.'

Gen 4; 1 And the man knew Eve his wife; and she conceived and bore Cain, and said: 'I have gotten a man with the help of the LORD.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Genesis indicates that Adam was not very bright. It also indicates that he somehow did not have the instincts we all have including the desire to reproduce. At least not until he ate of the tree of knowledge.

Strange to think that without breaking God’s command not to eat of the tree of knowledge, Adam would have never reproduced and none of us would be here to thank any God for creating us.

As you can see from the Eden time-line, Adam had a lot of time to know Eve, ------- yet did not do as commanded in Gen 1. In fact he waited until Gen 4.

If you, if you are a man, were told to reproduce, can you see yourself sitting there naming animals instead of enjoying sex? Do not lie. You know you would have jumped Eve in the wink of an eye. Unless you are gay that is.

Now I know that Christians have some strange notions about not having sex at certain times but the case above shows that Adam refused or was not mature enough to do God’s command. I cannot see the later because God would not request what cannot be given. Therefore, eating of the tree of knowledge was not the first sin of disobedience.

Not reproducing when told to was the first sin of disobedience.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

I read Bereishit as a cautionary tale about not listening to Man (or your wife) instead of G-d. Adam's first sin was eating from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil even after G-d explicitly told him and Eve not to. Eve then listened to 'not-G-d' and ate of it. Then convinced her husband to do the same, both not listening to G-d but to earthly agents.

Thank you

I didn't go look...only relied on memory

I was either taught wrong or remembered wrong

Apologies
:cool:

No worries. Now if you could provide a rational explanation for Cain's wife within the confines of the book of Genesis, that would be greatly appreciated. :eusa_pray:

I have no qualms of admitting to incest in early human population.
We were still "pure breeds"....

I have been active in the animal husbandry field and have had my own stock.

I had the misfortune of believing that I had a pure pair. Things went well for a time but then. It was not pretty.

But don't let nature effect your eh, faith in and idol.

Regards
DL

Gen 1; 28 And God blessed them; and God said unto them: 'Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth,

Strangely woman disappears. Then Gen 2; 18 And the LORD God said: 'It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a help meet for him.'

Gen 4; 1 And the man knew Eve his wife; and she conceived and bore Cain, and said: 'I have gotten a man with the help of the LORD.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Genesis indicates that Adam was not very bright. It also indicates that he somehow did not have the instincts we all have including the desire to reproduce. At least not until he ate of the tree of knowledge.

Strange to think that without breaking God’s command not to eat of the tree of knowledge, Adam would have never reproduced and none of us would be here to thank any God for creating us.

As you can see from the Eden time-line, Adam had a lot of time to know Eve, ------- yet did not do as commanded in Gen 1. In fact he waited until Gen 4.

If you, if you are a man, were told to reproduce, can you see yourself sitting there naming animals instead of enjoying sex? Do not lie. You know you would have jumped Eve in the wink of an eye. Unless you are gay that is.

Now I know that Christians have some strange notions about not having sex at certain times but the case above shows that Adam refused or was not mature enough to do God’s command. I cannot see the later because God would not request what cannot be given. Therefore, eating of the tree of knowledge was not the first sin of disobedience.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

I read Bereishit as a cautionary tale about not listening to Man (or your wife) instead of G-d. Adam's first sin was eating from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil even after G-d explicitly told him and Eve not to. Eve then listened to 'not-G-d' and ate of it. Then convinced her husband to do the same, both not listening to G-d but to earthly agents.

When did Satan become an earthly agent?

You forgot to add in your eloquent rendering that God put Satan in Eden to insure that Eve ate. She could not resist God's power through Satan and thus Eve had no choice.

Regards
DL

Last edited:
No worries. Now if you could provide a rational explanation for Cain's wife within the confines of the book of Genesis, that would be greatly appreciated. :eusa_pray:

I had the misfortune of believing that I had a pure pair. Things went well for a time but then. It was not pretty.

Regards
DL

Exactly the point of my analogy.
Sin is like a yeast, fermenting and ruining as it grows.
That's why, by the time we get to Leviticus, incest is stopped.
But that sin has continued to ferment in our imperfect bodies......

The serpent is never called Satan in the original text. What some bastardized Bible-version might say is irrelevant. Satan's called Satan where Satan is actually mentioned. Euphamisms are never used.

I'd agree though just as in Exodus with G-d 'hardening Pharoh's heart' that the account in Bereishit is a set-up where events unfolded by design. Consequently, did Eve and Adam really sin if events for them to do so gave them no choice? Did Pharoh?

Good page here about it,
parshanut torah comment - Do religious Jews generally believe the serpent of Gan Eden was Satan? - Mi Yodeya

Would add agreement to the above comments that events in the Garden were not historical events. Animals "talk" but we don't understand them. So when they talk in Scripture, it's assumed to be allegorical, not literal. Thus the serpent talking reveals the entire account to be an allegory, not a description of an actual event.

Simple fact remains 1 man 1 woman can not create enough offspring to produce a self-sustaining race of people.

Last edited:

Regards
DL

Exactly the point of my analogy.
Sin is like a yeast, fermenting and ruining as it grows.
That's why, by the time we get to Leviticus, incest is stopped.
But that sin has continued to ferment in our imperfect bodies......

Most incest anyway. Uncle-niece, aunt-nephew, and first cousins are allowed.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

Not only did God make Adam and Eve stupid, He made all His men ( created male and female ) stupid and without knowledge. Only His servant was used to speak for Him through flesh called prophets and saints.

Jeremiah 10
14: Every man is stupid and without knowledge; every goldsmith is put to shame by his idols; for his images are false, and there is no breath in them.

This is why your interpretations are like all other Christians of this world.

The moment of the creation of the physical universe was in fact "Adam's" act of reproducing.

As I've said... Adam is God, who always was and always will be.

"Eve" is the "other than Adam" that, when conceived in spirit, instituted a duality that could not exist in the spiritual realm of God without consequence.

The consequence was what is termed as the "big bang".

This duality resulted in the condensation of the pure spirit, much as water is created when heat meets cold.

Yes, God is ever present in the physical universe. But His presence could not be so possible without "Eve". This is why we ascribe female (opposite) characteristics to present-day nature. "Mother Earth" is an example.

Everything (every event) that proceeded the creation of the physical is "evolution".

And that is what brings us to where we are today.

That's the story. Get over yourselves already.

For someone who wasn't too bright, he named all the living creatures.
He also noticed that they all had mates and he didn't.

Gen 1 says two people were created before the naming started.

But do you not think it strange that God would not have known that for procreation, a man has to have a woman?

Regards
DL

Because it's a story and didn't actually happen... :eusa_whistle:

Silence woman! Men are talking.

Kidding! Just kidding! :)

In point of fact, Judaism at least recognizes 7 female prophets, and says they're superior to men in prophecy. And in the Zohar (Jewish metaphysics,) G-d is referred to as both male and female.

For someone who wasn't too bright, he named all the living creatures.
He also noticed that they all had mates and he didn't.

Gen 1 says two people were created before the naming started.

But do you not think it strange that God would not have known that for procreation, a man has to have a woman?

Regards
DL

Because it's a story and didn't actually happen... :eusa_whistle:

True. But that myth has been used by men against women forever to deny twomen equality.

Lets not fight that story and lets promote it. That is the right thing to do. Not.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back