Zone1 Was it a good or bad thing that Adam and Eve fell after partaking of the forbidden fruit?

Was the fall of Adam and Eve a good thing or a bad thing?

• It was a good thing!

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • It was a bad thing!

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • undecided!

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
Imagine allowing your two year old toddler access to a busy street. You instruct him not to play in traffic but then allow him to make the decision -- free will. He plays in traffic and gets squashed by an semi. Well, you told him the consequences; he should had known better.
I'm trying to wrap my mind around comparing adults to two-year-olds.

The entire story of Adam and Eve is incredibly flawed. If you were to say that it is all poetic license and its just meant to be a story about morals, i can accept that, but most people seem to take it as a literal story, which is where i take offense.
I don't take it literally. The intent of most Biblical stories is to present lessons worth remembering.

Was it the will of God that Adam and Eve live forever in the Garden of Eden or not?
Is it likely that an omnipotent being, that created space and time that produced beings that know and create, would have been surprised that material beings - with free will - wouldn't have gained knowledge of good and evil? I say no, it's not likely. So that right there tells us there is a deeper, more symbolic meaning of this account.

So the question you are asking doesn't really apply. It's not about God's will. And if it were it would be God's will was to create a material existence such that beings that know and create would eventually arise and learn the difference between right and wrong - aka good and evil - through experiencing both.

Last edited:
Did God know what would happen in the Garden before it occurred? If so, why did He allow Satan on the earth to tempt Eve? Why did God place the tree of knowledge of good and evil in the garden if He didn't want Adam and Eve to partake of it?
Because THIS LIFE is a test and an opportunity to be perfected

Because THIS LIFE is a test and an opportunity to be perfected
Life certainly does test us. So I can agree with that part. But an opportunity to be perfected? Certainly there is an opportunity, but maybe the expectation is that we exist perfectly which does not mean to be or do perfect things.

But more mature than a two-year-old?
Not in God's eyes. Most "adults" are just babies all grown up. Why is this hard for you to recognize in yourself?

and said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven

Last edited:
Does God truly know the future or does He need backup plans just in case He is wrong? I believe He knows of a certainty the end from the beginning. He knew Adam and Eve would fall before they were ever on the earth. In fact, I believe that God put Satan and his minions here on the earth to tempt Adam and Eve and all of us and He also placed the tree of knowledge of good and evil in the garden so that mankind would learn good and evil. God only commanded Adam and Eve to not eat of the tree and that if they did they would experience a spiritual and physical death because He needed to be justified bring about the fall of mankind. Through the fall, mankind learns good and evil and by choosing good over evil man can become more like God. Through the atonement of Jesus Christ, all mankind overcome the physical death and are resurrected unto immortality. This life is temporary but is critical for our progression because God could not create us to be perfect and must bring us unto perfection through the process of free will and learning.

Not in God's eyes. Most "adults" are just babies all grown up. Why is this hard for you to recognize in yourself?

and said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven
Are you arguing for the group who believe it is all God's fault that Adam and Eve ate the fruit of knowledge? None of it is our responsibility because it was God who made all the mistakes?

the desert version as throughout their renditions are corrupt to accomplish an earthly objective than a truly heavenly one ...

the sequel, noah's ark is an example - needlessly punishing wildlife they originally claim subservient to humanity then strangely giving them parity in punishment without an explanation for their crimes the least of which could possibly make any sense for their inclusion in the first place by their original exclusion.

the desert ... judean

Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

what was taught in the 1st century by the paradisians - jesus

Then they said, “Let us make life in our image, in our likeness, the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky the livestock and all the wild animals, and all the creatures that move along the ground.”

at least what jesus taught would make sense for all beings as included during the travails of noah - than the judean version.

Was it the will of God that Adam and Eve live forever in the Garden of Eden or not?
Probably it was an inevitable thing.
Possibly a necessary thing in order for humans to have the ability to choose God or not.

Side note: Most of our myths and/or legends have truth in their roots.

I don't take it literally. The intent of most Biblical stories is to present lessons worth remembering.
This ^ i cannot argue with. I agree whole heartedly. The existence of God does not hinge on whether or not every story in the Bible is accurate. Thats where many people go wrong. They feel like they must defend every story as if they are literal true events. They dont need to take that position.

Last edited:
Two adults that never experienced childhood who may of been 2 years old or less at that time. Also, they were naive, not knowing good and evil.
It was apparent they did know obedience vs disobedience...

Forum List

Back