Was Adam’s first sin that of not reproducing?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

Gen 1; 28 And God blessed them; and God said unto them: 'Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth,

Strangely woman disappears. Then Gen 2; 18 And the LORD God said: 'It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a help meet for him.'

Gen 4; 1 And the man knew Eve his wife; and she conceived and bore Cain, and said: 'I have gotten a man with the help of the LORD.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Genesis indicates that Adam was not very bright. It also indicates that he somehow did not have the instincts we all have including the desire to reproduce. At least not until he ate of the tree of knowledge.

Strange to think that without breaking God’s command not to eat of the tree of knowledge, Adam would have never reproduced and none of us would be here to thank any God for creating us.

As you can see from the Eden time-line, Adam had a lot of time to know Eve, ------- yet did not do as commanded in Gen 1. In fact he waited until Gen 4.

If you, if you are a man, were told to reproduce, can you see yourself sitting there naming animals instead of enjoying sex? Do not lie. You know you would have jumped Eve in the wink of an eye. Unless you are gay that is.

Now I know that Christians have some strange notions about not having sex at certain times but the case above shows that Adam refused or was not mature enough to do God’s command. I cannot see the later because God would not request what cannot be given. Therefore, eating of the tree of knowledge was not the first sin of disobedience.

Not reproducing when told to was the first sin of disobedience.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

For someone who wasn't too bright, he named all the living creatures.
He also noticed that they all had mates and he didn't.

For someone who wasn't too bright, he named all the living creatures.
He also noticed that they all had mates and he didn't.

Gen 1 says two people were created before the naming started.

But do you not think it strange that God would not have known that for procreation, a man has to have a woman?

Regards
DL

The concept of Adam and Eve have has been erroneously personified. "Adam" is God, and "Eve" was the force that begat the creation of the physical universe. All that followed has been evolution. Pure and simple.

You heard it here first, folks.

The concept of Adam and Eve have has been erroneously personified. "Adam" is God, and "Eve" was the force that begat the creation of the physical universe. All that followed has been evolution. Pure and simple.

You heard it here first, folks.

:clap2:

Chapter and verse please.

Regards
DL

Gen 1; 28 And God blessed them; and God said unto them: 'Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth,

Strangely woman disappears. Then Gen 2; 18 And the LORD God said: 'It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a help meet for him.'

Gen 4; 1 And the man knew Eve his wife; and she conceived and bore Cain, and said: 'I have gotten a man with the help of the LORD.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Genesis indicates that Adam was not very bright. It also indicates that he somehow did not have the instincts we all have including the desire to reproduce. At least not until he ate of the tree of knowledge.

Strange to think that without breaking God’s command not to eat of the tree of knowledge, Adam would have never reproduced and none of us would be here to thank any God for creating us.

As you can see from the Eden time-line, Adam had a lot of time to know Eve, ------- yet did not do as commanded in Gen 1. In fact he waited until Gen 4.

If you, if you are a man, were told to reproduce, can you see yourself sitting there naming animals instead of enjoying sex? Do not lie. You know you would have jumped Eve in the wink of an eye. Unless you are gay that is.

Now I know that Christians have some strange notions about not having sex at certain times but the case above shows that Adam refused or was not mature enough to do God’s command. I cannot see the later because God would not request what cannot be given. Therefore, eating of the tree of knowledge was not the first sin of disobedience.

Not reproducing when told to was the first sin of disobedience.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

Unsurprisingly, you are an idiot.

So God made Adam gay then realized His mistake and did a little something to fix it.

Just didn't have enough mojo to fix it for all times?

The story of Adam & Eve is clearly nothing but folklore. It describes how G-d created Adam and Eve and how Adam and Eve begat Cain, Abel, and Seth....

That's it.

But then in Genesis 4:17, we find that Cain had a wife -- meaning there were other people on Earth who were not of Adam and Eve.

Cain isn't Adam and Eve's oldest child
:eusa_shhh:

Regards
DL

No more than you can provide chapter and verse for your opinions or interpretations

I was taught that Seth was the eldest.
Adam was over 100 when Cain was born, then we start hearing of Seth and other children.
And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew. - Genesis 4:25

The Bible clearly describes Seth as the youngest, not being born until after Cain killed Abel.

Regards
DL

No more than you can provide chapter and verse for your opinions or interpretations

Adam was over 100 when Cain was born, then we start hearing of Seth and other children.
And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew. - Genesis 4:25

The Bible clearly describes Seth as the youngest, not being born until after Cain killed Abel.

Thank you

I didn't go look...only relied on memory

I was either taught wrong or remembered wrong

Apologies
:cool:

Thank you

Apologies

No worries. Now if you could provide a rational explanation for Cain's wife within the confines of the book of Genesis, that would be greatly appreciated. :eusa_pray:

Thank you

Apologies

No worries. Now if you could provide a rational explanation for Cain's wife within the confines of the book of Genesis, that would be greatly appreciated. :eusa_pray:

I have no qualms of admitting to incest in early human population.
We were still "pure breeds"....

So God made Adam gay then realized His mistake and did a little something to fix it.

Just didn't have enough mojo to fix it for all times?

That is what Christians tell me. They then have him and all those animals, you know.

No help meat in all that meat. If there, we would have told him

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMsrE-9CLFg]YOU'RE IN MORE DIRE NEED OF A BLOWJOB THAN ANY WHITE MAN IN HISTORY - YouTube[/ame]

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back