War on Christmas 2021

I thought a burning bush was supposed to be a sign from god.

It's sadly funny how some people misinterpret so-called signs from God.

1638997300294.png

I'm not really sure Christmas itself had much religious significance. We helped set up a fabricated chapel in a shopping mall back in the 60s. The religious message at church and in society seemed to be to be more about the Golden Rule and homeless in the manger. And Jews tended to be more in the reform school, and Hanukkah was "Amercanized" to a family holiday with lights and presents.

The priests I've known through the years more or less just wanted to get it over with, and move onto Shrove Tue and Lent. lol
Christmas is a Cristian holiday. I have no idea how you can say that it does not have much religious significance. That is a nonsensical proposition.

Yes, it has been secularized throughout the nation because we are a secular nation. It also has many traditions that have been pulled from it Pegan roots even before that. None of that changes that it is a Cristian holiday and retains it significant prominence in our society specifically because of that. And there was a push to whitewash Cristian influence from Christmas about a decade ago iirc. That it failed rather terribly should say the religious significance is still there.

The liberals are anxious to get as many Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims, and Jews into America so Christmas will no longer be a religious holiday. We need a Republican in the White House to protect Christmas.
happy-holidays-trump-tower.jpg

The 'War on Christmas' has always been an overexaggerated dumb point. Yes, the move to try and shame everyone to 'happy holidays' was asinine. It failed. Everyone walks around saying merry Christmas or happy holidays for the next month and no one anywhere is offended, upset, marginalized or anything else you can think of over it. I still have to endure 2 months of terrible Christmas music each and every damn year with the majority of it Christian based for obvious reasons.

This tired old tripe about a war on Christmas is old and no one buys it anymore.
happy-holidays-ivanka.jpg

I'm going to in person church this Sunday for the first time since March 20. I don't really see a war on Christmas, but even I don't see organized religion as really being responsive to my own spiritual needs. And when I regularly went, I bordered on what traditional chruchgoers often refer to as "a spike." LOL

Stay outta my pew, punk.
What is a "spike"?

Christmas is a Cristian holiday. I have no idea how you can say that it does not have much religious significance. That is a nonsensical proposition.

Yes, it has been secularized throughout the nation because we are a secular nation. It also has many traditions that have been pulled from it Pegan roots even before that. None of that changes that it is a Cristian holiday and retains it significant prominence in our society specifically because of that. And there was a push to whitewash Cristian influence from Christmas about a decade ago iirc. That it failed rather terribly should say the religious significance is still there.
Happy-Holidays.jpg

I dunno. Over the past 30 years or so we've become not just more ethnically diverse, but blended. We were less secular and more insular in the 1960s. Institutional christianity has less influence, and imo relevance to people. Christmas itself was always a pagan holiday the early church ... adopted. Imo the term "war on Christmas" was about social changes, and institutional christianity "lost." At least with non-immigrant groups and the more protestant denominations.

People now say gleefully as a social statement "'merry christimas,' and if that offends you, piss off." LOL Thirty million americans identify as "former" catholics. Baptist rosters are down over 20% in two decades. The methodists are considering a schism over sexual orientation. We Episcopalians not only bankrupted ourselves over the issue, but attendance is down except in the South. Hispanic Catholics and Muslims have seen gains. LOL

Here is the latest attack on Christmas. Let's go Brandon!

You beat me to it. LOL. I immediately thought about the war on Xmas.

But just like Republicans deny class warfare exists, I'm going to deny that there is a war on Xmas. There isn't. Really. LOL.

You beat me to it. LOL. I immediately thought about the war on Xmas.

But just like Republicans deny class warfare exists, I'm going to deny that there is a war on Xmas. There isn't. Really. LOL.
It is your duty as a lefty to say that there is no war on Christmas, even as the Christmas tree burns.

I suppose I am going to get ridiculed to hell for asking this but who the HELL IS BRANDON?
Don't worry about it. It's repuicans childish trait of giving enemies silly names. It comes from a position of hatred and ignorance, both are in pandemic proportions in republicans.

repuicans childish trait of giving enemies silly names

Oh the fucking irony.
:laughing0301:
When you focus on grammar and mistakes, you're out of ammo Rambo.
It hurts when I take the Mickey out of you guys. I love it.

Forum List

Back