Walk Away is finally a real thing.

BULLDOG

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2014
It's not known why all these people waited so long to change their party registration, but it is obvious that Trump's treasonous attempted coup was the final straw.

HARRISBURG, Pa. (CBS/AP) — In the 36 hours after last week’s deadly insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, 112 Republicans reached out to the election office in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, to change their party registration. Ethan Demme was one of them.

“Ever since they started denying the election result, I kind of knew it was heading this way,” said Demme, the county’s former Republican Party chairman who has opposed President Donald Trump and is now an independent. “If they kept going, I knew there’s no way I can keep going. But if you’ve been a Republican all your life, it’s hard to jump out of a big boat and into a little boat.”

Officials are seeing similar scenes unfold elsewhere.

In Cumberland County, Pennsylvania, 192 people have changed their party registration since the Jan. 6 riot. Only 13 switched to the GOP — the other 179 changed to Democrat, independent or a third party,up according to Bethany Salzarulo, the director of the bureau of elections.

In Linn County, Iowa, home to Cedar Rapids, more than four dozen voters dropped their Republican Party affiliations in the 48 hours after the Capitol attack. They mostly switched to no party, elections commissioner Joel Miller said, though a small number took the highly unusual step of cancelling their registrations altogether.

So did I. I did so a couple of weeks after the election.

I was hoping the party would get over this sickness, but it's not. It's going to be a batshit crazy loon party for some time.

I asked three other my Republican friends what they were doing. Two also de-registered and a third said he'd stay in the party to vote against Scott and Rubio in 2022.

So did I. I did so a couple of weeks after the election.

I was hoping the party would get over this sickness, but it's not. It's going to be a batshit crazy loon party for some time.

I asked three other my Republican friends what they were doing. Two also de-registered and a third said he'd stay in the party to vote against Scott and Rubio in 2022.
The vast majority of Republican voters have been "batshit crazy loons" since the 1970s. You're just noticing it now?

Gallup's poll of the R/I/D split was:

Nov 2020 30/38/31
Dec 2020 25/41/31

Those are both pre-coup data sets. And it could be statistical noise, given that month-to-month fluctuations equally large have happened in the past. The January numbers will tell.

That is to avoid being doxxed and targeted by the Communists. The Dems along with their compliant Social Media Oligarchs are now the CCP.

The Trump cult has severely damaged the Republican Party. It's not dead yet...but it's on life support
The billionaires won't let the Republican Party die. They have too much invested building it into their political tool to loot the U.S. Treasury.

Just look at the trillions the COVID-19 stimulus bills gifted to them.

But, their plundering can't go on much longer, The country's credit cards are nearly maxed out. It won't be long until the poor old Golden Goose rolls over dead.

Gallup's poll of the R/I/D split was:

Nov 2020 30/38/31
Dec 2020 25/41/31

Those are both pre-coup data sets. And it could be statistical noise, given that month-to-month fluctuations equally large have happened in the past. The January numbers will tell.

That could just be a margin of error in the sample.

It's not known why all these people waited so long to change their party registration, but it is obvious that Trump's treasonous attempted coup was the final straw.

HARRISBURG, Pa. (CBS/AP) — In the 36 hours after last week’s deadly insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, 112 Republicans reached out to the election office in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, to change their party registration. Ethan Demme was one of them.

“Ever since they started denying the election result, I kind of knew it was heading this way,” said Demme, the county’s former Republican Party chairman who has opposed President Donald Trump and is now an independent. “If they kept going, I knew there’s no way I can keep going. But if you’ve been a Republican all your life, it’s hard to jump out of a big boat and into a little boat.”

In Cumberland County, Pennsylvania, 192 people have changed their party registration since the Jan. 6 riot. Only 13 switched to the GOP — the other 179 changed to Democrat, independent or a third party,up according to Bethany Salzarulo, the director of the bureau of elections.

In Linn County, Iowa, home to Cedar Rapids, more than four dozen voters dropped their Republican Party affiliations in the 48 hours after the Capitol attack. They mostly switched to no party, elections commissioner Joel Miller said, though a small number took the highly unusual step of cancelling their registrations altogether.
The same in Florida.

Look for Republicans to take control of Congress in 2023.
Anything is possible, there is that history.

But this debacle is going to be hard to live down...and I don't mean just the election

500,000 dead is hard to forget

“But...but....they are RINO’s!!!”

The Trump cult has severely damaged the Republican Party. It's not dead yet...but it's on life support
The billionaires won't let the Republican Party die. They have too much invested building it into their political tool to loot the U.S. Treasury.

Just look at the trillions the COVID-19 stimulus bills gifted to them.

But, their plundering can't go on much longer, The country's credit cards are nearly maxed out. It won't be long until the poor old Golden Goose rolls over dead.

The billionaires are cutting the Trump Cult loose. Batshit crazy isn't good for business. The instability of Republican fiscal policies isn't good for most businesses. You can't crash the economy every few years just for shits and giggles, and win any prizes for fiscal responsibility.

Business needs trade deals, and stability in markets for long term planning and investment. The want a stable government. They don't want a President tearing up their trade deals, and disrupting their supply chains. They don't want your trading partners boycotting or slapping tarriffs on their products when they export abroad.

Republicans haven't provide any of that for years.

They sho gonna be upset when they find out an Antifa charter member and longtime Democrat operative staged the police absence, made sure protesters could get in unchallenged, and made sure they were good and mad upon entrance to chambers. Inside, insider Demmie women engaged in political caterwaulers who simply days ago told their base's to break some windows and get in the face of Republicans whom they marginalized as Midases, while ignoring Soros; badcop supporters who should be defunded, and Biden haters while ignoring that Biden bilked threatened third world countries with starving masses.

I work at a California registrars office. I have noticed an uptick in people going from Republican to No Party Preference.

Thinking people registered with one party a few months to be eligible to vote in a primary (depending on local rules) in which they had an interest. For example, actual Republicans remained non-declared or independent until intending to vote for the weakest, sleaziest candidate running in a Democrat primary. Then, the minute it was possible, re-registered as non-declared or independent. That made it somewhat less likely a future tyrant would have less "evidence" to work with when the purges started. Like they're starting now.

Actually the silly ones are those who Registered with the American Independent Party in the firm belief that they were demonstrating their diversity death wish by registering with what they believed to be the American Indian Party.

Forum List

Back