Wage Strikes Planned at Fast-Food Outlets

Someone should ask one of the McDonalds workers what they think a happy meal would cost if they made that much money. Right now a $6.00 burger meal is 83% of the minimum wage, extend that out to the desired wage that $6.00 meal becomes a $12.50 meal. Then project that effect across the economy, it wouldn't be pretty.

There isn't a linear correlation between price and wage.

But one should ask the worker how much she is worth if automation takes away her job completely. Machines don't need living wages.

If they start artificially jacking with wages like they want we'll see how that holds. You don't maintain a viable economy by ignoring the laws of economics.

I'm not going to knock McJobs. Some people really advance and move up in these companies.

I as a 12 year old working for my mother's friend at the Jet I think I was making like 2 bucks an hour and tips as a "bus girl" and worked my way up to a waitress position and I was the proudest soul that I could actually buy my family Christmas presents all on my own.

I thought I was lucky to have a job.

Last edited:
Seeking to increase pressure on McDonald’s, Wendy’s and other fast-food restaurants, organizers of a movement demanding a $15-an-hour wage for fast-food workers say they will sponsor one-day strikes in 100 cities on Thursday and protest activities in 100 additional cities.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/02/b...-at-fast-food-outlets-in-100-cities.html?_r=0

No doubt to help pay for condoms and pills for the poor and dispossesed pieces of shit who think we owe them everything.

I support them. They work their butts off for shitty wages and shitty conditions.

Why did these people take the jobs to begin with if they thought the wages were too low? And why don't some of them move up or eventually find a better job? I've done the whole waitressing thing and it was always low pay, but it was temporary till I got something better after I graduated. I just don't get people who aren't qualified for more skilled jobs and yet they start families and get into debt. It's crazy to turn around and blame the employers for not giving you raises every month.

If these people don't want their jobs, there are many unemployed people, thanks to Obamacare, who would probably jump on these jobs if the current workers aren't happy.

How many of these fast food workers will lose their jobs if the minimum wage was raised to $15.00?

They jake the pay to 15 bucks an hour the fast food industry will just close up shop and those workers go on welfare.

Corporate profits are at an all time high. They can afford it. They are asking a lot for 15 though. They need to bring their demand down if they want to get anywhere.

Seeking to increase pressure on McDonald’s, Wendy’s and other fast-food restaurants, organizers of a movement demanding a $15-an-hour wage for fast-food workers say they will sponsor one-day strikes in 100 cities on Thursday and protest activities in 100 additional cities.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/02/b...-at-fast-food-outlets-in-100-cities.html?_r=0

No doubt to help pay for condoms and pills for the poor and dispossesed pieces of shit who think we owe them everything.

I support them. They work their butts off for shitty wages and shitty conditions.

Good grief girl. It's a start out job. I bussed. I waitressed. I picked strawberries. I picked tobacco,.You ever want to talk about a shit job? Fucking plant tobacco and then pick tobacco.

All these jobs made me aspire to be a winner.

But we all have to start off somewhere. And there's no shame in it.

There isn't a linear correlation between price and wage.

But one should ask the worker how much she is worth if automation takes away her job completely. Machines don't need living wages.

If they start artificially jacking with wages like they want we'll see how that holds. You don't maintain a viable economy by ignoring the laws of economics.

I'm not going to knock McJobs. Some people really advance and move up in these companies.

I as a 12 year old working for my mother's friend at the Jet I think I was making like 2 bucks an hour and tips as a "bus girl" and worked my way up to a waitress position and I was the proudest soul that I could actually buy my family Christmas presents all on my own.

I thought I was lucky to have a job.

Been there done that, my first job paid 75 cents an hour prepping a house for painting, my first real job that withheld taxes paid all of $1.25, bagging ice in an ice house. Was happy to be making my own way and not needing to ask my parents for money.

Good grief girl. It's a start out job. I bussed. I waitressed. I picked strawberries. I picked tobacco,.You ever want to talk about a shit job? Fucking plant tobacco and then pick tobacco.

You have to realize that times have changed. The average age of fast food workers is 29. That is the problem with these wages.

Why did these people take the jobs to begin with if they thought the wages were too low? And why don't some of them move up or eventually find a better job? I've done the whole waitressing thing and it was always low pay, but it was temporary till I got something better after I graduated. I just don't get people who aren't qualified for more skilled jobs and yet they start families and get into debt. It's crazy to turn around and blame the employers for not giving you raises every month.

If these people don't want their jobs, there are many unemployed people, thanks to Obamacare, who would probably jump on these jobs if the current workers aren't happy.

How many of these fast food workers will lose their jobs if the minimum wage was raised to $15.00?

They jake the pay to 15 bucks an hour the fast food industry will just close up shop and those workers go on welfare.

Corporate profits are at an all time high. They can afford it. They are asking a lot for 15 though. They need to bring their demand down if they want to get anywhere.

Why don't we just shut them all down?

You see Billy we meet all your goals then. Nobody gets paid slave wages. Nobody gets served garbage food. Nobody gets polluted with styrofoam. And no one gets cheap food.

Do it Billy. Be the Joy killer.

You see Billy we meet all your goals then. Nobody gets paid slave wages. Nobody gets served garbage food. Nobody gets polluted with styrofoam. And no one gets cheap food.

Look, the American dream is nothing like it used to be. In this economy, things are different.

You have to realize that times have changed. The average age of fast food workers is 29. That is the problem with these wages.

Keep electing commiecrats and that age will continue to climb. Keep destroying the manufacturing and energy sectors in this country in the name of the environment and no one will be making a living wage.

answer your fuckin' PM's, td...

signed,

other Billy

Look, the American dream is nothing like it used to be. In this economy, things are different.

Have you ever asked yourself why things are different and is it any better? They way you seem to have much lower expectations, I don't think you believe it to be better, I know I sure don't believe it to be better.

This is comical. Half these dimwits are overpaid at their current wage and now thry want to price themselves out of the market altogether..... Absolutely precious

The defacto way to raise minimum wage is to decrease unemployment, and the primary way to reduce unemployment are less restrictions and regulations on businesses. Anything else is artificial and doomed to failure in the long run.

Two things these fast food outlets would gain by raising wages.
1. happy employees
2. Happy public

Right now they're pissing off a lot of business.

Apparently the public would just stop eating fast food. LOL.

No matter how often we raise our prices (which is often) people still come through the doors.

I remember when the price of a cheeseburger was $1. Now its $2.45. Has it stopped customers coming through the doors? Not in the least.

1. happy employees
2. Happy public

No matter how often we raise our prices (which is often) people still come through the doors.

I remember when the price of a cheeseburger was $1. Now its $2.45. Has it stopped customers coming through the doors? Not in the least.
If you remember all that, then finding a new job is probably a task seriously delayed.

1. happy employees
2. Happy public

Over how many years was that price increased?

If you increased it from 2.45 to 5.00 over night how many people would stop buying?

Payroll is the single biggest expense for most businesses. If you force an increase in payroll then you force an increase in overhead not just salaries.

You increase the employers payroll taxes, you increase workman's comp costs because they are based on payroll, you increase SUTA and FUTA taxes because they are based on payroll.

You think all those costs can be absorbed by a MC D's franchise owner?

Don't confuse your local McDs with the home office in fact you should treat them as individual small businesses because since 90% of MCD stores are owned by franchisees that is exactly what they are.

Do you actually believe that a single parent can take care of a kid on the fast food wage? They can't.

Of course they can't.

And yet they go ahead and have the kid anyway.

How does this become their employer's fault? Such that he suddenly has to fork over an extra $7.00/hour for no extra work, because his employee had a kid?

Did you ever stop and consider the well being of the kid instead? The kid should have just chose not to be born huh?
Again, how is it the employers responsibility for a kid who is in his mid 20's and doesn't have the ambition to move on to something better? He can't afford the license? He can if it is important enough to him.

He is likely just like the losers that work for My wife. She gets maybe one day a month off because when these kids decide that they can't be bothered to come to work, she has to go in and fill in for them, across 7 stores. She puts in 60+ hours per week for the exact same amount of pay each and every week.

Do you honestly think I"m going to give a shit about a fucking loser kid who wants to be paid a journeyman wage for pushing a fucking picture on a computer screen?

Forum List

Back