McDonald's president who made $7.4 million last year says proposal to pay fast-food workers $22 an hour is 'costly and job-destroying'

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
And he's 100% correct! $22.00 an hour for entry level burger flippers is ridiculous!

'Business Insider' is a leftwing site, and they're doing their best to guilt-trip anyone who opposes paying these kind of entry level wages.

• The FAST Recovery Act could raise minimum wage for California fast food workers to $22 an hour.
  • A coalition led by chains like McDonald's have secured a referendum vote in November 2024.
  • This week, a top McDonald's exec slammed lawmakers for passing the law in an open letter. The president of McDonald's USA threw shade at California lawmakers for passing a fast-food law that he said would make it "all but impossible to run small business restaurants" in the state, Joe Erlinger said in a January 25 open letter.

If the people of a state vote for something and I do not live in that state I'm not sure why it's any of my business or why I should care.

Holy hell, $22 an hour?? I'm making that right now slaving away at 12 hour factory shifts loading trucks... What's to stop me from moving to a burger flipper job and leaving the manufacturing scene then?

Are you willing to move to California to do it? If not, it doesn't apply to you.

Holy hell, $22 an hour?? I'm making that right now slaving away at 12 hour factory shifts loading trucks... What's to stop me from moving to a burger flipper job and leaving the manufacturing scene then?

Nothing, and there are burger flipper jobs everywhere, and they are all hiring.

If the people of a state vote for something and I do not live in that state I'm not sure why it's any of my business or why I should care.
i agree for the most part…the only issue is some dembots might win congress and the white house and bailout the state like they did with NY and Cali in 2021. Much needed tax dollars that could of been spent somewhere else

i agree for the most part…the only issue is some dembots might win congress and the white house and bailout the state like they did with NY and Cali in 2021. Much needed tax dollars that could of been spent somewhere else

So the issue is never addressed because politicians know people won't hold them accountable.

More and more automation will be coming.

Probably in just another decade, automation will be doing most of the fast food jobs across the country.

Where a guaranteed minimum income will be instituted. You pay one way or the other.

And he's 100% correct! $22.00 an hour for entry level burger flippers is ridiculous!

'Business Insider' is a leftwing site, and they're doing their best to guilt-trip anyone who opposes paying these kind of entry level wages.

If you don't like the President of McDonalds making $7.2 million a year and not paying his workers $22/hr then don't do business with them. Problem solved.

I don't do business with them because they use too many Negroes in their ads and they have shitty food.

See how it works?

If you don't like the President of McDonalds making $7.2 million a year and not paying his workers $22/hr then don't do business with them. Problem solved.

I don't do business with them because they use too many Negroes in their ads and they have shitty food.

See how it works?

I could care less how much they pay their CEO, obviously he is making them a lot of money or they wouldn't pay one person that much.

As for their burger flippers, that's too much money for this kind of work. People that have superior skills and have been in the workforce longer, need to get bumped up if they are going to pay these people $22 an hour. If they do that however, we will be right back where we are now, since prices for everything will inflate even higher .

See how that works?

I could care less how much they pay their CEO, obviously he is making them a lot of money or they wouldn't pay one person that much.

As for their burger flippers, that's too much money for this kind of work. People that have superior skills and have been in the workforce longer, need to get bumped up if they are going to pay these people $22 an hour. If they do that however, we will be right back where we are now, since prices for everything will inflate even higher .

See how that works?
Well then don't hire. And why are they offering that? Is so.eo e forcing them to offer that?

See how it works?

Thought I was the only one that didn't like the over abundance of blacks in advertising. I don't give companies money that use them too much.

It's odd, I actually will notice if a commercial has all white people in it now a days.

See how that works?
I bet these millions of Illegals that Potatohead has allowed to flood into the country makes more money off the welfare that Potatohead is giving them than they are getting than a McDonald's worker

Pure stupidity. Democrats fail to understand that it's the consumer that ends up paying. This is one of the reasons cost of living is so high in commie states compared to American states.

If $22.00 an hour is good, then $30.00 an hour is better. If $30.00 and hour is better, then $40.00 an hour is great.

Maybe when robots are making my Big Mac combo, it will end up looking like the sandwich they run on commercials instead of the slopped up burger I usually get from these flunkies.

Forum List

Back