Voters think the Democrats have their own extremism problem

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
I've been screaming this stuff since I've been on this board. Matt Lewis leans right, so his words will be dismissed. I sure wish they were not. The Dems will point to the popular vote, and that's fine, but that's not how you win elections. They have gone far too far on the cultural (and associated) issues, and now we're all going to pay the price for that. I'd sure like to see Dems read and absorb this piece.

At this critical moment in our history, the Dems are identified with issues that make them easy targets for the GQP, and they refuse to see it. Worse, it's many of those same issues that gave us Trumpism IN THE FIRST DAMN PLACE. And as I write this, I'm wondering if the Dems would even know what issues I'm talking about.

According to Third Way’s findings, “Despite a roster of GOP candidates who are extreme by any standard, voters see Democrats as just as extreme…”

Progressive readers may have difficulty understanding this, but for much of the country (and I’m not just talking about Trump fans), far-left ideas and activists are more troubling than the crazy candidates and conspiracies on the right.

As has been noted for a long time, both parties are the same outside of some social issues. As we go along those issues have to get more and more extreme to continue to try and differentiate the two parties.

As has been noted for a long time, both parties are the same outside of some social issues. As we go along those issues have to get more and more extreme to continue to try and differentiate the two parties.
Well, that's what our "system" incentivizes and rewards: The lunatics running the asylum. So here we are.

We've gotta fix this system.

Yes, it's not the groomers, gender benders, climate Nazis & anti-American collectivist corrupt liars that are extreme, it's those people that want fair elections, kids safe from pervs & to be left alone to live & let live that are the real extremists.

Apparently, even the ignorant American masses can only buy so much BS before they can't take it anymore.

Dems are so clueless it's a wonder they manage to keep from drowning if caught outside in a downpour.

I've been screaming this stuff since I've been on this board. Matt Lewis leans right, so his words will be dismissed. I sure wish they were not. The Dems will point to the popular vote, and that's fine, but that's not how you win elections. They have gone far too far on the cultural (and associated) issues, and now we're all going to pay the price for that.
As I've said in the past I agree with the essence of your assessment. It shouldn't be diminished because of the Repub's ability to both use social wedge issues effectively and to misrepresent the Dem's positions with devastating affect. But after it's all said and done this election cycle is about inflation. Which highlight's the skills Repubs possess in getting the electorate to believe in lies/exaggeration/obfuscation.
Fault also lies with the Dem's messaging. Rather than point to low unemployment and Biden's concrete legislative accomplishments they emphasize the amorphous threats to democracy. Ones that are undoubtedly there but hard to perceive in tangible ways. When they become obvious it will be too late.

As I've said in the past I agree with the essence of your assessment. It shouldn't be diminished because of the Repub's ability to both use social wedge issues effectively and to misrepresent the Dem's positions with devastating affect. But after it's all said and done this election cycle is about inflation. Which highlight's the skills Repubs possess in getting the electorate to believe in lies/exaggeration/obfuscation.
Fault also lies with the Dem's messaging. Rather than point to low unemployment and Biden's concrete legislative accomplishments they emphasize the amorphous threats to democracy. Ones that are undoubtedly there but hard to perceive in tangible ways. When they become obvious it will be too late.
That is true, but the Dems have also hamstrung themselves on a wide range of individual issues at which the GQP can easily point. Yes, the GQP inflates and distorts whenever they can (such is political partisanship), but they can point to FACTS and QUOTES which make it much easier.

Indeed, inflation and the economy are kitchen table issues. But so are crime, immigration, and their children being exposed to (and worse, subjected to) sexual and sexuality-oriented situations. That's not messaging, that's real stuff. And the list of issues surrounding political correctness and identity politics piss them off on top of that. Then, the GQP can just POINT at them, and say SEE?

So again, both parties have been taken off the fucking rails by their nutters. The Dems have to recognize, at some point, their complicity in enabling their political opponents. And they just WILL NOT. What an awful time to make that mistake.

You stupid fool, it's real simple:

Democrats are Stalinist pigs.

Issues don't matter.

There will be no Stalinism in this country.

You fuckers are being EJECTED because you crossed the line.

I've been screaming this stuff since I've been on this board. Matt Lewis leans right, so his words will be dismissed. I sure wish they were not. The Dems will point to the popular vote, and that's fine, but that's not how you win elections. They have gone far too far on the cultural (and associated) issues, and now we're all going to pay the price for that. I'd sure like to see Dems read and absorb this piece.

At this critical moment in our history, the Dems are identified with issues that make them easy targets for the GQP, and they refuse to see it. Worse, it's many of those same issues that gave us Trumpism IN THE FIRST DAMN PLACE. And as I write this, I'm wondering if the Dems would even know what issues I'm talking about.

According to Third Way’s findings, “Despite a roster of GOP candidates who are extreme by any standard, voters see Democrats as just as extreme…”

Progressive readers may have difficulty understanding this, but for much of the country (and I’m not just talking about Trump fans), far-left ideas and activists are more troubling than the crazy candidates and conspiracies on the right.

From the article:

"Simply put, Democrats would be foolish to sweep their troubles under the rug and pretend that whatever bad happens on Tuesday (we see through a glass darkly) was nothing more than a cyclical phenomenon."

Why not? That's what they did in 2016. Learning from history is for chumps!

"How is it possible that they lost to a political party as weird and conspiratorial as today’s version of the GOP?"

Uh... the irony gets deeper. Put on your waders.

To sum up:

"Progressive readers may have difficulty understanding this, but for much of the country (and I’m not just talking about Trump fans), far-left ideas and activists are more troubling than the crazy candidates and conspiracies on the right."

So again, both parties have been taken off the fucking rails by their nutters. The Dems have to recognize, at some point, their complicity in enabling their political opponents. And they just WILL NOT. What an awful time to make that mistake.
And, thanks to that mistake and many more, the next fascist elected by the duopoly won't be a deluded TV host with ego issues. It'll be someone poised to truly take advantage of the opportunity.

The Republicans are the Mainstream.
The Democrats are the Extremist.
It's not the messaging.
It is the far left extremist policies.
crazy climate change policies that are causing high gasoline prices, and a diesel and heating fuel crisis
transsexuals and gays grooming children in the schools
printing trillions of dollars that has caused an inflation crisis
open borders
defunding the police which has caused the crime crisis
illegally using the IRS, FBI, and DOJ as political weapons which is the real threat to our "democracy"
hate, racism, violence and race riots,
greed and rampant corruption
lying about everything all of the time
crazy russian collusion conspiracy
crazy ukraine conspiracy
voter fraud and ballot rigging crimes

Hardly. Dims never saw a tax increase they didn't like. Biden immediately restored all the regulations that Trump eliminated. He's been deliberately helping illegals to pour across the border. He's doing everything he can to shut down oil production.

They are not the same.

That is true, but the Dems have also hamstrung themselves on a wide range of individual issues at which the GQP can easily point. Yes, the GQP inflates and distorts whenever they can (such is political partisanship), but they can point to FACTS and QUOTES which make it much easier.
Absolutely true. I just feel like Dems get excoriated and lose support for doing things like trying to be sensitive to folks like transgender kids while Repubs skate on supporting a would be authoritarian dictator.

It shouldn't be diminished because of the Repub's ability to both use social wedge issues effectively and to misrepresent the Dem's positions with devastating affect.

Not only that, they also correctly highlight the Dem's positions with devastating affect!

It's awful!

Hardly. Dims never saw a tax increase they didn't like. Biden immediately restored all the regulations that Trump eliminated. He's been deliberately helping illegals to pour across the border. He's doing everything he can to shut down oil production.

They are not the same.

Nobody is shutting down oil production.

Forum List

Back