Voters Cry Foul Play in NY 23rd District (Owens)

KMAN

Jul 9, 2008
Does this really surprise anyone.... Democrats are losing serious credibility....

11:45 am est

by Michael Patrick Leahy of The TCOT Report and Nathan Barker of The Gouverneur Times

From his nomination as the Democratic candidate for Congress in New York’s 23rd Congressional District on August 10 until October 30, barely 84 hours before the polls opened in the special election, newly elected Democratic Congressman Bill Owens was adamantly opposed to health care reform bills that included the "public option."

UPDATE:

President Obama Acknowledged Today That He and Bill Owens Pulled a Health Care Fast One on the Voters in NY-23

The New York Times is reporting that in his pep talk to the Democrats in Congress this morning, President Obama acknowledged that he and newly elected NY-23 Democratic Congressman Bill Owens have pulled a fast one on the voters in that district.

The Times reported the President's comments about Bill Owens today in the context of the overall pending Health Care bill vote:

The president also singled out Representative Bill Owens, the newly-elected Democrat from a historically Republican district in New York, who was sworn into office just on Friday. Mr. Obama noted that Mr. Owens would support the health care bill even though it might not be popular at home.

“Think about Bill Owens,” Mr. Obama said. “He could have dodged it. But he didn’t. And guess what? Bill is sitting right here."

The Gouverneur Times - Your Online News Source

Democrats are smart to rub voter noses in their treachery.

No way this will backfire on them in 2010

Democrats are smart to rub voter noses in their treachery.

No way this will backfire on them in 2010

I think that you are being sarcastic.:lol: But if I were Owens I would not be going home for Thanksgiving without alot of additional security.:cuckoo:

A very sad situation. Can't even get angry about these things at this point. People are now just used to corrupt fraud politicians.

Another example of a third party candidate throwing an election to the Democrat and yet all of talk radio and punditry kept talking about what a message it sent and what a victory it was. Fuzzy math I guess.

Looks like 4 days before the election he changed his position, so there doesn't seem to be a problem in terms of his vote on the health care bill. If he made clear his change of position prior to the vote, that is.

He's accused of breaking 3 more promises in his first 24 hours in office.

All I can say is you get what you deserve when you support candidates from the two major parties.

Looks like 4 days before the election he changed his position, so there doesn't seem to be a problem in terms of his vote on the health care bill. If he made clear his change of position prior to the vote, that is.

He's accused of breaking 3 more promises in his first 24 hours in office.

All I can say is you get what you deserve when you support candidates from the two major parties.

He didn't break any of those either.

The promises he supposedly broke were no Medicare benefit cuts, no taxing of health care benefits, and no tax increases on the middle class. The bill doesn't do any of those things.

The reason for the overall Dem Blow Out in 2009 (lost every major race, but managed to fight back a Third Party candidate to within the margin of error) was because Obama ran as a seemingly intelligent moderate and fiscal conservative yet in record time, ran to Marxism.

Instead of paying attention to the war and stimulating the economy he went on Letterman and tried to get the Olympics for Chicago and voters turned against Dems in 09 as a direct result.

For a Dem to lose NJ would is like Maxine Waters becoming a US Senator from Utah.

This latest treachery will not be forgotten

Another example of a third party candidate throwing an election to the Democrat and yet all of talk radio and punditry kept talking about what a message it sent and what a victory it was. Fuzzy math I guess.

Hate to keep reminding you but Hoffman ran against 2 Democrats, one of whom was actually running on the D line

Hate to keep reminding you but Hoffman ran against 2 Democrats, one of whom was actually running on the D line

Hate to break it to you, but he ran against a Democrat and a Republican (granted, not a social conservative wingnut) and lost. So you got Democrat heavy instead of Republican lite which are miles apart except to the litmus testers. Congrat on the "victory".

Forum List

Back