Vote Yes on 4 in Massachusetts.

Only Rodrigo Duterte has the right method of dealing with drug addicts.

A bullet to the brain, no probation, no trial, no waste.

Aren't you hardcore?

We should all try to emulate your internet badass chic.

What a load of crap, CO thought legalization would solve everything too. It didn't they actually have a worse problem with black market sales than before.

The black market only exists because the government limits the legal market. In this case, through taxation, regulations, license fees, ect.

Pueblo County CO is considering opting out of the State grow and sales program for that very reason and they make millions on growing weed.

Then they are idiots.

Who would forcibly sacrifice revenue?

Talk to the folks in Pueblo County, I'm not their spokesman, I just saw the news report.

What a load of crap, CO thought legalization would solve everything too. It didn't they actually have a worse problem with black market sales than before. Pueblo County CO is considering opting out of the State grow and sales program for that very reason and they make millions on growing weed.

The black market in a legal environment is due to the taxes probably being too excessive. If they were to lower them a bit, the profit margin would be reduced, and the issue would be lessened.

Lessened maybe slightly, never eliminated. There will always be an underage market just like with other age restricted products. Even the folks that are old enough to by will try to avoid the taxes much like you see in the States with ridiculous cigarette taxes, buying black market smokes. Also the turf wars between traffickers will likely become more violent as they compete for a shrinking market.

The underage market is there even with the high end black market. And inflating the viable age to 21 for everything artificially inflates the underage market. If you can vote and be drafted to pick up a rifle and fight, you should be able to smoke and drink.

The key to reducing the the low end black market is to be reasonable with taxation, and I believe some of the places where it is legal have seen that and made changes.

There may always be violence, but again, the # of people willing to go guns blazing for $1-$2 a pack is a lot less than the people willing to do it for $10-$20 a gram.

Well it may all be academic if we get someone in the AG position that enforces federal law. It will be a true test of the supremacy clause.

A very good point. However as a strict constructionist, I don't see where the feds get a mandate to regulate drugs unless State lines are crossed.

If the pot is grown in Mass, collected in Mass, dried and cut in Mass, and sold and used in Mass, what do the feds have to do with it?

Court have said they have authority over grain that never leaves a farm. Whether or not we agree is irrelevant, isn't it? BTW they've said the same for marijuana that is grown for personal use.

What a load of crap, CO thought legalization would solve everything too. It didn't they actually have a worse problem with black market sales than before. Pueblo County CO is considering opting out of the State grow and sales program for that very reason and they make millions on growing weed.

The black market in a legal environment is due to the taxes probably being too excessive. If they were to lower them a bit, the profit margin would be reduced, and the issue would be lessened.

Lessened maybe slightly, never eliminated. There will always be an underage market just like with other age restricted products. Even the folks that are old enough to by will try to avoid the taxes much like you see in the States with ridiculous cigarette taxes, buying black market smokes. Also the turf wars between traffickers will likely become more violent as they compete for a shrinking market.

The underage market is there even with the high end black market. And inflating the viable age to 21 for everything artificially inflates the underage market. If you can vote and be drafted to pick up a rifle and fight, you should be able to smoke and drink.

The key to reducing the the low end black market is to be reasonable with taxation, and I believe some of the places where it is legal have seen that and made changes.

There may always be violence, but again, the # of people willing to go guns blazing for $1-$2 a pack is a lot less than the people willing to do it for $10-$20 a gram.

Well it may all be academic if we get someone in the AG position that enforces federal law. It will be a true test of the supremacy clause.

A very good point. However as a strict constructionist, I don't see where the feds get a mandate to regulate drugs unless State lines are crossed.

If the pot is grown in Mass, collected in Mass, dried and cut in Mass, and sold and used in Mass, what do the feds have to do with it?

It is a controlled substance and is still illegal according to federal law. Next question.

Court have said they have authority over grain that never leaves a farm. Whether or not we agree is irrelevant, isn't it? BTW they've said the same for marijuana that is grown for personal use.

They probably use the excuse that grain, as an essential commodity, impacts all States regardless of origin (the commerce clause excuse). However as pot is neither essential or a commodity, they have less of a case with it (but they can probably flim flam their way to one, like they always do).

It is a controlled substance and is still illegal according to federal law. Next question.

Then the Feds can start enforcing said law. State governments are removing it from their criminal law, and thus have no basis for a State level arrest.

They probably use the excuse that grain, as an essential commodity, impacts all States regardless of origin (the commerce clause excuse). However as pot is neither essential or a commodity, they have less of a case with it (but they can probably flim flam their way to one, like they always do).

They used the same logic on marijuana as they did grain because there is an interstate market. I disagree with both, but like I said my opinion is irrelevant.

Then the Feds can start enforcing said law. State governments are removing it from their criminal law, and thus have no basis for a State level arrest.

True. My hope prior to the current election cycle WAS that we might get a Republican nominee who would fully enforce the Federal law as of the day after he got into office. I could already see the headline.....

DEA ARRESTS ENTIRE STATE OF COLORADO ON DRUG CHARGES

Stupid. NO.

uncle terrie stupid. Yes. Yes on 4. Stop turning honest people into criminals.

Stop enabling stupid potheads and endangering children for the sake of selfish idiots.

Stop forcing you will on other people. Thats selfish. I hope YOUR [sic] old too.

You want your will forced on other people. Your life depends on it, like everyone else, pothead.
Are you on LSD?

Stupid. NO.

uncle terrie stupid. Yes. Yes on 4. Stop turning honest people into criminals.

Stop enabling stupid potheads and endangering children for the sake of selfish idiots.

Stop forcing you will on other people. Thats selfish. I hope YOUR [sic] old too.

You want your will forced on other people. Your life depends on it, like everyone else, pothead.
Are you on LSD?

No, pothead.

I voted yes for legalization here in Nevada.

This is yet another example of conservative small government fraud. They say they are for small government, until you want to do something they don't like, then it's big brother, big brother, big brother.

Lions are "naturally growing," but it is beyond moronic to allow them as pets; particularly around children.

Forum List

Back