Vote For DC Statehood Tuesday

So, LA county has more of a say than 8 western states, because of population?

LA, like you, doesn't give a shit about those low population states.

and YOUR way, they would get NOTHING from the Federal government.

Real shame you hate your fellow Americans that much.

Uh, if the Western states have to pay for their own infrastructure, instead of having it subsidized by the populated states.... they'd be in serious trouble.

I don't consider the inbreds of the Red States to be my "Fellow Americans".

I don't consider the inbreds of the Red States to be my "Fellow Americans".

They are as much American as you are.

Why should anyone consider YOU an American?
Because both his mother and father were born in America............by the same parents.

Yep, PR will be next. These moves along with changing voting laws will assure democratic rule. Sadly, the majority of Democrats are already too brainwashed to see the danger.

The danger of what? Letting people vote and giving Americans representation?

Wow. That's really fucking dangerous.

Here's the thing, dummy. If your whole political philosophy is contingent on keeping "Those people" from voting (and that's REALLY what we are talking about here) then that kind of flies in the face of everything you think this country stands for.
There was and is a valid a reason DC was not a state, do some research.

Yep, PR will be next. These moves along with changing voting laws will assure democratic rule. Sadly, the majority of Democrats are already too brainwashed to see the danger.

Who says Republicans can’t win in those new states

They just have to try harder

What new states? :auiqs.jpg:

Puerto Rico has had several statehood votes. They've rejected it each time. They would be wise to continue their current status.
Then what are you worried about?
Let the process play out

For DC, there is no process short of a constitutional amendment.

Of course there is.
Cut out the National Mall area and declare that the new District of Columbia. Make the rest a state
The District has been downsized in the past

Not quite.

When the District was downsized in the past...where did that land go?

Well, to start with I'm a vet. which means I've made more of a contribution than most people.

But I don't look that the dumb slackjawed inbreds as "Americans". A real American wouldn't proudly display the flag of enemies.

1618830183165.png

Well, to start with I'm a vet. which means I've made more of a contribution than most people.

But I don't look that the dumb slackjawed inbreds as "Americans". A real American wouldn't proudly display the flag of enemies.

View attachment 481577

"American" is an idea. A thought. It appears from your posts you've not had either.

Military service does not in itself impart wisdom.

Believing Congress can simply vote DC into statehood, Madwoman Pelosi insists the House remains outside constitutional restraints. Any such vote will be a vain exercise, without validity.

The House of Representatives will vote Tuesday on whether to make Washington, D.C., a State.

Full House Will Vote to Make Washington D.C. a State Tuesday

Statehood for D.C. is of NO importance. Don't waste your time thinking about it.

Changing "demographics" in the nation will soon make the Democratic (my foot!) Party the permanent majority party anyway.

So statehood for D.C. and Puerto Rico and any other place the Dems suggest would make no real difference. It would just hasten the inevitable Democratic dictatorship a tiny bit.

What new states? :auiqs.jpg:

Puerto Rico has had several statehood votes. They've rejected it each time. They would be wise to continue their current status.
Then what are you worried about?
Let the process play out

For DC, there is no process short of a constitutional amendment.

Of course there is.
Cut out the National Mall area and declare that the new District of Columbia. Make the rest a state
The District has been downsized in the past

Not quite.

When the District was downsized in the past...where did that land go?

Doesn‘t mean it has to in the future.

I don’t see Maryland wanting to acquire DC

View attachment 481577

Damn joe...

are you STUPID enough to believe there are no vets in flyover country?

But I don't look that the dumb slackjawed inbreds as "Americans".

you don't look at inbreds as 'Americans?

not even the 'inbreds' that may be screwing their half sisters and half brothers in ghettos, because some horny asshole can't stop at having just one baby momma?

There are likely more 'inbreds' in inner cities than in flyover country.

A flag scares you?

poor baby.

Of course they would.

New York City--- 50 House members

Los Angeles---50 House members

Chicago---50 House members.

North and South Dakota--share a House member

Utah and Kansas---share a House member.

Wyoming and Nebraska---share a House member.

Sounds REAL fair.

Actually, it does sound fair.

IF that's where people actually lived.

So frankly, let's get rid of the Senate and just have a house with proportional representation.
Of course you want the smaller (mostly red) states to be overwhelmed by idiots from NYC, LA, Chicago, etc. Too bad for you the smaller states get a say.

That would be like Trump running against Castro in Cuba or the communists in the former USSR.

It would be impossible to win anything.

Republicans can win cities
They just have to convince residents that their lives will be better under Republican governorship.

I doubt that they would ever be able to do that. Suppose, for a second, that in 2024, Donald Trump promises increases in welfare and other giveaways for the huge, failed, supercities? All the things that libs have promised for years. Do you really think that DC and NYC and LA would go for The Donald? I doubt it, but maybe I'm wrong.

Why don’t they run in cities as a REPUBLICAN?

Bring in JOBS, good paying JOBS
Clean up the neighborhoods
Fight crime

Why?
Because they really don’t give a shit.
Why don’t your precious Dems, which have had power in those cities for decades, do ANY of that? Seems they are the ones who don’t give a shit. When Republicans offer those things, the left cries racism.

That would be like Trump running against Castro in Cuba or the communists in the former USSR.

They just have to convince residents that their lives will be better under Republican governorship.

I doubt that they would ever be able to do that. Suppose, for a second, that in 2024, Donald Trump promises increases in welfare and other giveaways for the huge, failed, supercities? All the things that libs have promised for years. Do you really think that DC and NYC and LA would go for The Donald? I doubt it, but maybe I'm wrong.

Fight crime

Why?
Why don’t your precious Dems, which have had power in those cities for decades, do ANY of that? Seems they are the ones who don’t give a shit. When Republicans offer those things, the left cries racism.

Why don’t Republicans even campaign in major cities?
Because they have nothing to offer

Fight crime

Why?

They offer real things like a real job and a path out of the ghetto and poverty. Your Dems like telling people there that they need the government to do everything for them. Giving people the option to to get money (my money and money from every other working person) while not having to work usually helps at the polls. Getting minorities addicted to government handouts is nothing to be proud of.

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA

Fight crime

Why?

Because the only way to get that vote is promising more free stuff. They have plenty to offer but most of it requires actual effort, sacrifice and work, which is like krptonite to many Democrats.

They offer real things like a real job and a path out of the ghetto and poverty. Your Dems like telling people there that they need the government to do everything for them. Giving people the option to to get money (my money and money from every other working person) while not having to work usually helps at the polls. Getting minorities addicted to government handouts is nothing to be proud of.

Minorities in those cities worked for generations. They had good jobs and were paid good wages. That is why they left the south and moved to the cities.
When those good paying jobs disappeared, they were left behind.

Why don’t Republicans bring back jobs instead of attacking the unemployed ?

Fight crime

Why?

No one in their right mind would want to live in one.

Minorities in those cities worked for generations. They had good jobs and were paid good wages. That is why they left the south and moved to the cities.
When those good paying jobs disappeared, they were left behind.

Why don’t Republicans bring back jobs instead of attacking the unemployed ?
Still ignoring that those good paying jobs left because of Dem policies and tax rates. As well as the occasional (once week minimum) riot. They tried to “solve” the problem by just handing out money to not work. Telling people they should go back to work doesn’t always go over well.

Forum List

Back