vivek ramaswamy calls juneteenth a useless holiday.

Juneteenth is the day that all African-Americans descended from slaves should kiss my shiny white ass in thanks for what my Grand-Father's Grandfather and other men like him did to free them.

The Civil War was not fun!
When people say shit like this…it’s perplexing. Whites enslaved them so Whites expect debasing gratitude for finally freeing them?

When people say shit like this…it’s perplexing. Whites enslaved them so Whites expect debasing gratitude for finally freeing them?
blacks did in africa read african history. if your own ancesters were not sold off by there own you would not be here. blacks are just much part of the deal as those who purchased and most went south american and the islands.

Passed by Congress on January 31, 1865, and ratified on December 6, 1865, the 13th Amendment abolished slavery in the United States.

Why should something that passed on Jan 31st and ratified on Dec 6th be celebrated on June 19th?

Because the pony express wasn’t fast enough.
Makes perfect sense!

Call me a bigot if you want but I don't think I could support a republican named Ramswami. That having been said , it seems the only on line criticism is directed at republicans. No surprises here.

The dream was from a black republican named Archibald Carey. King stole it.
WTF are you talking about?

Dr King realized he had made a mistake, he realized America was much more racist than he believed. The sickness of racism in this country has never been cured and you can see if from many of the members of this forum. Just like you.

The world is made of individuals. Stop being so racist!

My ancestors NEVER enslaved anyone. They did help FREE quite a few millions at great risk to themselves.

My ancestors NEVER enslaved anyone. They did help FREE quite a few millions at great risk to themselves.
They need that crutch or they “can’t breathe”

Of course they are. Culture, however, is often collective.

Cool story. Demanding that Black people as a group be grateful when White people as a group were responsible for perpetrating race based slavery in this country strikes me self-serving. Grateful to people as individuals? Of course, but that isn’t how it was brought up.

it wasn't just about them it was about the h whole country being free from england.
A country is made of people. The whole country was not free…and given that, Independence Day is going to have different meanings to different people. Juneteenth marks the day when the last of the enslaved people in this country were freed. We as a country were free then, right (at least in theory)? Isn’t that worth a celebration? If you don’t like it, don’t participate.

Forum List

Back