Visit Beautiful Seattle!

Yeah, probably scratch Seattle off the bucket list.

Downtown Seattle bakery closes, citing excessive crime, after fatal shooting Sunday...

183949.jpg

Piroshky Piroshky on Third Avenue in downtown Seattle. (Erika Schultz / The Seattle Times)

"It wasn’t just the fatal shooting Sunday that led Olga Sagan to close her Piroshky Piroshky bakery in downtown Seattle.

Last week someone was shot and injured near the bakery’s location near Third Avenue and Pike Street, Sagan said. When she tried to open the store Saturday, she found people using drugs at the entrance who refused to move. Private security couldn’t get them to relocate. She called police, she said, but no one responded. The store, which serves traditional Russian pastries, remained closed.

On Sunday afternoon, a man was shot to death around the block from the bakery. That’s when Sagan told employees she was closing the bakery and will try to find jobs for them at other locations, adding that she hopes to reopen when it is safe.

“How many shootings do we need to have to realize this is an active emergency in downtown Seattle?” she said in an interview. “The streets of downtown have been abandoned by government,” she said, “and handed over to criminal activity.”

The Seattle Police Department didn’t have a comment about Sagan’s concerns as of Sunday evening..."

I feel sorry for the business owners in the video who probably have a long term lease costing thousands of dollars per month. And now they have hoards of homeless people camping out by the entrance to their store, doing drugs, drinking, and relieving themselves on the sidewalk.
No sane person is going to brave all of that filth and criminal activity to be a paying customer in their store. Thus many of those businesses will eventually go bankrupt, close up, and move. Leaving blocks of stores vacant and the city loosing much need tax revenue. .... :cuckoo:

Seattle makes for an excellent holding tank for the chronically unemployed, druggies/alki's, illiterates, mentally deranged, losers, pup phukers, communalists/anarchists/nutzis(general statist left cultists), under-achievers, thieves, groupthinkers, beggars, child molesters, rapists, belligerent antagonists, murderers, idiots by choice, racists, general wrong way Corrigan's to name a few. Keep the statist left in Seattle as anywhere east of the Cascade mountain range in Washington state is like paradise compared to the statist left utopia(?) west of the Cascades.

The average home price is Seattle is $915,000.00. That is far more than most USMB’s mobile home park Posters can afford. Lol. Looks like demand exceeds supply. Those prices don‘t sound like a lot of residents are leaving Seattle.
Hope you saved the cork... You are shitfaced all ready... Re-cork the MD 20-20, oh yeah all you have to do is screw the cap back on and take a nap...

The average home price is Seattle is $915,000.00. That is far more than most USMB’s mobile home park Posters can afford. Lol. Looks like demand exceeds supply. Those prices don‘t sound like a lot of residents are leaving Seattle.
My husband and I left Seattle seven years ago when the drug sellers in derelict RV's started parking about three blocks from our $1.14M home. We moved to a small town about 70 miles from Seattle, and within two years, the derelict RV's were clogging the streets of that town. After my husband passed, I moved to a small rural town in South Dakota. The realtor I used for the purchase of my home told me that in the past year, he had helped six families who were moving here from Western Washington. That's one realtor out of well over a hundred agents who work for one real estate agency in a fairly metro town of almost 200,000 people.

The refugees are fleeing Western Washington.

I haven't been to Seattle since 2016. I was amazed that the downtown area was deserted on a Thursday at 6PM. My friend and I were the almost the only shoppers in Nordstrom's.

Almost no passengers on The Monorail. No tourists at The Space Needle.

I haven't been to Seattle since 2016. I was amazed that the downtown area was deserted on a Thursday at 6PM. My friend and I were the almost the only shoppers in Nordstrom's.

Almost no passengers on The Monorail. No tourists at The Space Needle.
Well maybe it was because you were visiting on Christmas Day.

I feel sorry for the business owners in the video who probably have a long term lease costing thousands of dollars per month. And now they have hoards of homeless people camping out by the entrance to their store, doing drugs, drinking, and relieving themselves on the sidewalk.
No sane person is going to brave all of that filth and criminal activity to be a paying customer in their store. Thus many of those businesses will eventually go bankrupt, close up, and move. Leaving blocks of stores vacant and the city loosing much need tax revenue. .... :cuckoo:
Sounds just like Detroit..

My husband and I left Seattle seven years ago when the drug sellers in derelict RV's started parking about three blocks from our $1.14M home. We moved to a small town about 70 miles from Seattle, and within two years, the derelict RV's were clogging the streets of that town. After my husband passed, I moved to a small rural town in South Dakota. The realtor I used for the purchase of my home told me that in the past year, he had helped six families who were moving here from Western Washington. That's one realtor out of well over a hundred agents who work for one real estate agency in a fairly metro town of almost 200,000 people.

The refugees are fleeing Western Washington.
You could have shortened the drive by taking in Colville or Chewelah both in Stevens county which is located in eastern Washington just north of Spokane county. There is also Newport which is located in Pend Oreille(Pond-Or-Ray) county. One can't find Americans more American than these folks in these two beautiful counties. I have communicated with a fellow USMB member located in Stevens county & yup, he's as constitutionally based American as they come. Quite a gentleman really but that's how it is far away from the big cities! I am located just short of Stevens county in Spokane county, but far enough out that the city of Spokane is out of my hair. I imagine South Dakota is pretty near as American as American can get also. Sure wish you the best over there in South Dakota, land of some of the toughest bull riders in the whole world!!!

You could have shortened the drive by taking in Colville or Chewelah both in Stevens county which is located in eastern Washington just north of Spokane county. There is also Newport which is located in Pend Oreille(Pond-Or-Ray) county. One can't find Americans more American than these folks in these two beautiful counties. I have communicated with a fellow USMB member located in Stevens county & yup, he's as constitutionally based American as they come. Quite a gentleman really but that's how it is far away from the big cities! I am located just short of Stevens county in Spokane county, but far enough out that the city of Spokane is out of my hair. I imagine South Dakota is pretty near as American as American can get also. Sure wish you the best over there in South Dakota, land of some of the toughest bull riders in the whole world!!!
Don't forget Ferry county. Panorama country. But don't let it get out.

Forum List

Back