Virginia Rejects Weapons Ban

What do these pigs need assault weapons for, anyway? It's not as if anyone is going to invade the Commonwealth. The days of hoards of invaders arriving by sea are long gone. Only the white gangs seem to want assault weapons.

Let's return the Second Amendment to its original writing, so that people are free to own one-shot muskets, as "the Founders" contemplated.
If you're going to do that, be prepared to share your political viewpoints by writing on parchment with a quill pen and shouting while standing on a street corner. Not a single Founding Father contemplated the internet.

The 25,000 armed protesters at the Capital gave Democrats an eye opener.

Virginia lawmakers reject assault weapon ban
Probably for the best.

Personally, I'm for very stringent gun controls, but...

Individual States have phukked this up five ways to Sunday and are not competent to administer such matters...

Time for national-level... Federal.... licensing, registration and oversight... standards which each State is compelled to enforce.

Virginia may be better than some and worse than others... doesn't matter... time for one standard for all Americans.
Ludicrous. An American in the middle of Chicago has far different concerns about guns from one in the wilds of Wyoming.

Even suggesting the banning of weapons is hate speech against the American way and profoundly anti-American.

What do these pigs need assault weapons for, anyway? It's not as if anyone is going to invade the Commonwealth. The days of hoards of invaders arriving by sea are long gone. Only the white gangs seem to want assault weapons.

Let's return the Second Amendment to its original writing, so that people are free to own one-shot muskets, as "the Founders" contemplated.
:auiqs.jpg:

To gun down the people who come for their rights. Did the gun rally not make this clear?

I’m pretty sure Virginia was invaded by Democrats.. who are America’s most dangerous domestic terrorist

That is true. Hordes of useless federal workers have gradually swarmed Fairfax and Loudoun counties, and turned them into Maryland.

Now, with their help, Democrats hope to turn Virginia into California. I believe it will be a disastrous, embarrassing failure for them. They may well find the commonwealth jerked right out from under them.

You couldn't pick out an assault weapon out of a few air soft guns.

Probably for the best.

Individual States have phukked this up five ways to Sunday and are not competent to administer such matters...

Time for national-level... Federal.... licensing, registration and oversight... standards which each State is compelled to enforce.

Virginia may be better than some and worse than others... doesn't matter... time for one standard for all Americans.

Under the Constitution, the federal government has no authority in such matters.

Probably for the best.

Under the Constitution, the federal government has no authority in such matters.
Tell that to the folks at Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms... or various extant Federal statutory law regulating such matters.

Probably for the best.

Tell that to the folks at Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms... or various extant Federal statutory law regulating such matters.
Since you missed it:

Printz v. United States
{{meta.pageTitle}}
Question:
Using the Necessary and Proper Clause of Article I as justification, can Congress temporarily require state CLEOs to regulate handgun purchases by performing those duties called for by the Brady Bill's handgun applicant background-checks?
Conclusion
No. The Court constructed its opinion on the old principle that state legislatures are not subject to federal direction. The Court explained that while Congress may require the federal government to regulate commerce directly, in this case by performing background-checks on applicants for handgun ownership, the Necessary and Proper Clause does not empower it to compel state CLEOs to fulfill its federal tasks for it - even temporarily.

Last edited:

The beauty of the 2nd Amendment is that we don't have to justify why we have them, period.

The founders owned the most up-to-date weapons of their era, and so should we.

Probably for the best.

Right after they pass legislation that licenses, registers, and places oversight on free speech.

Probably for the best.

I refer to the Constitution, not to any particular sitting government which will do whatever the people, distracted, allow.

Yes. Constitutional Rights can be stripped without due process.
Actually it can't. The bill goes out of it's way to make it hard.
If I call the police and tell them you’ve committed violent threats and are a danger, you don’t get a court date. You get your guns taken away.

And then later that night I come over to your house and cap your ass.

Forum List

Back