Vietnam War was unwinnable

Both Korea and Vietnam showed the Soviet Union and Chinese we weren't going to roll over for them turning every country in Asia and possibly elsewhere COMMUNIST. Those proxy wars ultimately helped us to win the Cold War and bankrupt the USSR. Yes, they could have been waged better but our politicians feared a direct war with the super powers if we did win more decisive POLITICAL victories. We kicked the enemies ass in both wars, especially Vietnam. The North Vietnamese and Viet Cong NEVER won a major engagement including Tet.
Oh good god, you are really bringing up the Domino Theory :) :)
The North Vietnamese and Viet Cong NEVER won a major engagement including Tet yet they were the ones that are in control now.
They most certainly did win major engagements with the Japanese, French, South Vietnamese, Chinese, Cambodians,and occupied by force large portions of Cambodia and Laos. Not to mention South Vietnam which they continue to occupy. Your lack of historical knowledge is astounding.

..we couldn't even beat the Chinese in Korea--how do you think the US could go all over China!!!!!!????
hahahahahahahah
You are an idiot, do you not read what you post to. Now that you have made the above statement, you have contradicted the link I have been quoting that you have provided. Everything I have quoted comes from harmonica's link! How about the following quote from your link that is the opposite of what you are stating right now!
The Chinese 5th offensive commenced at 6:00 A.M. on May 10, 1951. The Chinese made limited gains until May 20, when they began to run critically short of ammunition. As casualties mounted and CPVF gains diminished, Peng called a halt to the offensive and ordered a general withdrawal. The Chinese retreat became a disaster when the UNC launched a counter-attack on May 23. Peng established a defensive line by May 27, but the effort cost the CPVF 85,000 casualties. The Chinese 3rd Army Group alone suffered 13,000 casualties.226 At this point, both the Peopleís Republic of China and the Democratic Peopleís Republic of Korea had no choice but to acknowledge the war had become a stalemate and to enter into negotiations for a cease-fire.2
''''''''It was by far the worst military debacle the U.S. armed forces suffered in the entire twentieth century'''''''''

'''''''''. It was by far the worst military debacle the U.S. armed forces suffered in the entire twentieth century''''''
From the link you provided, contradicts your latest google search. Which one of your links are we suppose to believe?

It is obvious, you are reading the link and description to a google search then posting without reading or putting any effort into understanding what you just linked to. I have been quoting your link! You are now arguing against what you provided as accurate facts!

Nobody can be as stupid as you yet here you are literally, posting links to counter the link you provided.

Seriously, that is about the dumbest thing I have seen any user in these threads, do.

Lack of sufficient ammunition further exacerbated the CPVFís inferiority in firepower and directly affected the outcome of its offensives by greatly reducing its abilities to annihilate enemy formations

Giap himself admitted they were a spent force after the attack. But they won the PR war, which is the real reason why America lost.

They wore us out, just like they did the French.

Americans got tired of hearing......Just give us 100,000 more men and we will be home by Christmas......year after year after year.
..don't forget the French Gen. Navarre said ''I can see the light at the end of the tunnel''
..so did an American politician --hahahahhahahahaa
..it's been linked in this thread
here it is:
...some people are just stupid--keep doing the same stupid thing--more troops--a little more--more --almost there--light at the end of the tunnel

Giap himself admitted they were a spent force after the attack. But they won the PR war, which is the real reason why America lost.

They wore us out, just like they did the French.

Americans got tired of hearing......Just give us 100,000 more men and we will be home by Christmas......year after year after year.
..don't forget the French Gen. Navarre said ''I can see the light at the end of the tunnel''
..so did an American politician --hahahahhahahahaa
..it's been linked in this thread
here it is:
...some people are just stupid--keep doing the same stupid thing--more troops--a little more--more --almost there--light at the end of the tunnel
says in the link Westmoreland said it also--------hahahahahahahahahah

'''''''''. It was by far the worst military debacle the U.S. armed forces suffered in the entire twentieth century''''''
From the link you provided, contradicts your latest google search. Which one of your links are we suppose to believe?

It is obvious, you are reading the link and description to a google search then posting without reading or putting any effort into understanding what you just linked to. I have been quoting your link! You are now arguing against what you provided as accurate facts!

Nobody can be as stupid as you yet here you are literally, posting links to counter the link you provided.

Seriously, that is about the dumbest thing I have seen any user in these threads, do.

Lack of sufficient ammunition further exacerbated the CPVFís inferiority in firepower and directly affected the outcome of its offensives by greatly reducing its abilities to annihilate enemy formations
hahahahhahahahahahaha

hahahahhahahahahahaha
Like I said, I am using your link. You are responding to quotes from your link. You are arguing with yourself in your own OP.

Pure stupidity on your part. Post ha, ha, ha, all you want. You do not fool me, you are sitting in your chair seething mad, grasping at google searches, without reading them, posting the link, hoping somehow you save yourself. You are truly pathetic.

And do not think I sit here and laugh. I do not, I find fools such are yourself sad pathetic human beings.

No my friend, if you had half a brain you would not be laughing, hence I give you the benefit of the doubt. You are not laughing.

hahahahhahahahahahaha
Like I said, I am using your link. You are responding to quotes from your link. You are arguing with yourself in your own OP.

Pure stupidity on your part. Post ha, ha, ha, all you want. You do not fool me, you are sitting in your chair seething mad, grasping at google searches, without reading them, posting the link, hoping somehow you save yourself. You are truly pathetic.

And do not think I sit here and laugh. I do not, I find fools such are yourself sad pathetic human beings.

No my friend, if you had half a brain you would not be laughing, hence I give you the benefit of the doubt. You are not laughing.
hahahhahahahahaha
at least I post evidence and not babblecrap

hahahhahahahahaha
This comment of you made is evidence? It is not babblecrap. I have only quoted your link. You are now claiming your link is babblecrap? That would make you a complete moron. I quote your link and you call it babblecrap.

hahahhahahahahaha
This comment of you made is evidence? It is not babblecrap. I have only quoted your link. You are now claiming your link is babblecrap? That would make you a complete moron. I quote your link and you call it babblecrap.
..AND I just found that JFK quote a few days ago--long after I started this thread ----icing on the cake

hahahahhahahahahahaha
All my quotes come from your link. I have not posted a link. I just quote from what you provide to show that you have not read your link. To show that you are no smarter than your google search. That you are so lazy, you do not read what you link to.

hahahahhahahahahahaha
All my quotes come from your link. I have not posted a link. I just quote from what you provide to show that you have not read your link. To show that you are no smarter than your google search. That you are so lazy, you do not read what you link to.
..is that why win won in Vietnam????---FYI--we lost

hahahahhahahahahahaha
..we won most of the battles--and that crosschecks JFK's quote =THEY had to win it--the US could not

hahahahhahahahahahaha
AND McNamara!!!!!!! JFK and McNamara!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.'''''''' Convinced that the war was unwinnable,'''''''''''

..and you STILL deny it???????!!!!!!!!!
BOOOOM BABY

..we won most of the battles--and that crosschecks JFK's quote =THEY had to win it--the US could not
???? Fro the second time, I have never replied to a quote you made from JFK, I do not see that quote at all. You have no idea who said what in your own OP.

To use your words. You are babbling.

..is that why win won in Vietnam????---FYI--we lost
Was the war in Vietnam winnable, that is your OP? Do you seriously not understand the premise of your own thread?
same link:
''''''In his book, Mr. McNamara says the ultimate cause of failure in Asia lay with the South Vietnamese. Echoing what both Presidents John F. Kennedy and Johnson said, Mr. McNamara states that it was the Asians' war, ultimately, to win or lose.'''''''''

Mc and JFK said it was the Asian's war!!!!!!!
DOUBLE BOOM BABY

???? Fro the second time, I have never replied to a quote you made from JFK, I do not see that quote at all. You have no idea who said what in your own OP.

To use your words. You are babbling.
.........JFK said the South Vietnamese had to win the war--the US could not win it for them

Forum List

Back