video-Howard Dean: Of Course Health Care Law Is Redistribution of Wealth

That was not the claim I made.

I said they were all examples of redistribution of wealth.

They are and insulting me will not change these facts as some have done.

So your definition of redistribution is that money is taken from a certain group and used to fund benefits / programs / services that are available to everyone, correct?

Redistribution - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Main Entry: re·dis·trib·ute
Pronunciation: \ˌrē-də-ˈstri-ˌbyüt also -byət\
Function: transitive verb
Date: 1611
1 : to alter the distribution of : reallocate
2 : to spread to other areas

— re·dis·tri·bu·tion \(ˌ)rē-ˌdis-trə-ˈbyü-shən\ noun

— re·dis·tri·bu·tion·al \-shnəl, -shə-nəl\ adjective

— re·dis·trib·u·tive \ˌrē-də-ˈstri-byü-tiv, -byə-\ adjective

You are capitalizing on semantics.
An excellent debate tactic, so yes, you are correct.
But it is not redistribution of wealth in the context we are discussing. I assume you are aware of this?

That was not the claim I made.

I said they were all examples of redistribution of wealth.

They are and insulting me will not change these facts as some have done.

So your definition of redistribution is that money is taken from a certain group and used to fund benefits / programs / services that are available to everyone, correct?

Well, I suppose that's one way to avoid having to think of an answer.

But it is not redistribution of wealth in the context we are discussing. I assume you are aware of this?

Totally.

Taking refuge behind semantics is the last refuge of someone who fears they may have painted themselves into a corner.

Totally.

Taking refuge behind semantics is the last refuge of someone who fears they may have painted themselves into a corner.

Very much like President Obama using the earmark/pork semantic game. He knows many the American people refer to earmarks as pork; but they are different.

So he dcan comfortably say that there was not a single earmark in the stimulus bill, even though there were 9000 items labeled as pork.

Totally.

You are saying YOU know what Dean means even though the accepted definition of the word is what was posted?

Totally.

Very much like President Obama using the earmark/pork semantic game. He knows many the American people refer to earmarks as pork; but they are different.

So he dcan comfortably say that there was not a single earmark in the stimulus bill, even though there were 9000 items labeled as pork.

It is, I agree, a disgrace when a politician uses plausible deniability to basically tell lies to the public.

Totally.

In fairness, I think the word 'context' has been removed from the lefties dictionary. They seem incapable of understanding the word at all. One need only look at their ridiculous claims to see that. They can't all be that stupid.

Or can they?

Totally.

In fairness, I think the word 'context' has been removed from the lefties dictionary. They seem incapable of understanding the word at all. One need only look at their ridiculous claims to see that. They can't all be that stupid.

Or can they?

Well, truth's list of examples of wealth redistribution is simply absurd.

fire departments
police departments
The military
Libraries
Public infratstructure
Medicare
VA
Parks system
Schools

These are all examples of redistribution of wealth.

You're and example of an ignorant, lying, uber partisan moron .....

Totally.

You are saying YOU know what Dean means even though the accepted definition of the word is what was posted?

He did not say redistribution of tax revenue.

He said redistribution of wealth.

That is defined by taking from one wealth group and giving to another.

The prefix "re" and the word "wealth" are of utmost most importance.

And words have definitions taht we are all supposed to accept.

Why do you wish to redefine words to make your arguement?

Totally.

He did not say redistribution of tax revenue.

He said redistribution of wealth.

That is defined by taking from one wealth group and giving to another.

The prefix "re" and the word "wealth" are of utmost most importance.

NOPE ,they are talking taxes go back an listen again

You've given a definition of the word redistribution. Do you really not know that there is a difference between the word redistribution and the phrase "redistribution of wealth?"

Rick

Totally.

Or can they?

Well, truth's list of examples of wealth redistribution is simply absurd.

Of course it is. We all know it is, but it is the truth to truthmatters.... the problem that truthmatters has is that she wouldn't understand the truth if it walked up and introduced itself - with references. She's so borglike that the ability to comprehend any other view than her own is beyond her limited intellect.

You've given a definition of the word redistribution. Do you really not know that there is a difference between the word redistribution and the phrase "redistribution of wealth?"

Rick

Go watach the tape and tell me where he says redistribution of wealth?

Redistribution of wealth already happened. In the 50's and 60's, a CEO made 20 to 30 times what the lowest employee made. Now they make many hundreds of times.

The CEO of Cigna was given a 73 million dollar bonus. What could he have possibly done to "earn" 73 million dollars? Especially since Cigna doesn't "make" anything. The just "legally" skim money off of insurance policies.

The Bush 2.5 TRILLION dollar tax cuts moved the burden of taxes from the rich to the middle class with more than half going to the top 5%.

All the no bid contracts for Bush cronies in Iraq. Look at Blackwater. A company no one ever heard of to a billion dollar company owned by rich Republicans and friends of Bush.

The redistribution has already happened. What should happen is a "re-redistribution" back the other way.

Did Franklin Raines earn his 90 million dollar bonus at Fannie Mae ? Should Bawney Fwanks and Chris Dodd redistribute their wealth to everyone losing a boatload of equity in their homes because of their lies? .........

Rick

Go watach the tape and tell me where he says redistribution of wealth?

I know the difference between the two, it's obvious that you don't. After all, you were the one that insisted that Congress and Senate both voted on the SAME BILL before this reconciliation vote. When I proved you wrong you ran with your tail between your legs.

Rick

In economics terms "redistribution of wealth" is the transfer of income, accumulated wealth or property from some individuals to give to other individuals. That is not my opinion. That is a fact. That is what it means. Live with it. It ain't taxes - moron.

Totally.

I'm not talking about Dean. I'm talking about what YOU are attempting to present as examples of wealth redistribution.

Forum List

Back