midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
Why do veterans support Trump? Do they really think he will change the republican party's policies? Trump like so many republicans was a draft dodger. Lots of men were, I've only met one in my life who was honest and admitted getting a exemption. And while the lower classes served, the upper classes hide. And face it folks, bringing back the draft would create more crying than a Dear John. When Trump beats his chest like some superman, I have to laugh, when he had the chance to serve he too hide. So why the support? And this question is about policy, not the usual equivalency apologetic rebuttal.

Happy Veterans Day? 5 Times Republicans in Congress Screwed Veterans

GOP Hypocrites Call Vets Benefits Too Expensive But Want a $600 Billion Tax Cut for Business

Angry Veterans Lash Out At GOP: 'Don't You Dare Thank Me For My Service' (IMAGES)

http://www.militarytimes.com/story/veterans/2015/08/28/carson-dump-va-reaction/71312038/

Bush wants to privatize some veterans' health benefits, but in Florida it didn't go so well - CNNPolitics.com

Republicans In Congress Still Dishonor America's Veterans

GOP's actual track record on supporting veterans

"Republicans approve of the American farmer, but they are willing to help him go broke. They stand four-square for the American home -but not for housing. They are strong for labor - but they are stronger for restricting labor's rights. They favor minimum wage - the smaller the minimum wage the better. They endorse educational opportunity for all - but they won't spend money for teachers or for schools. They think modern medical care and hospitals are fine - for people who can afford them. They consider electrical power a great blessing - but only when the private power companies get their rake-off. They think American standard of living is a fine thing - so long as it doesn't spread to all the people. And they admire of Government of the United States so much that they would like to buy it." Harry S. Truman

Veterans vote for Trump because Obama and Hillary left them dying on the street in the US waiting for care.

Veterans vote for Trump because Obama and Hillary left them dying on the street in the US waiting for care.
Has the priority system for veteran care changed? At one time service connected got care first and other veterans got care when room was available.

Darn, I should have kept this up. Anyway Powell on Trump was fascinating.

"...Colin Powell's account show him calling Donald Trump a quote "national disgrace" and "international pariah."

Powell added in August 2015, according to the Intercept: Trump "appeals to the worst angels of the GOP nature and poor white folks."

Powell suggested in another email that even critical coverage of Trump didn't really work: "To go on and call him an idiot just emboldens him."

"He is at 1% black voters and will drop. He takes us for idiots," Powell writes. "He can never overcome what he tried to do to Obama with his search for the birth certificate hoping to force Obama out of the Presidency."

Blaming the media for the rise of Trump

"It is time to start ignoring him. You guys are playing his game, you are his oxygen," he wrote to CNN's Fareed Zakaria in December. "He outraged us again today with his comments on Paris no-go for police districts. I will watch and pick the timing, not respond to the latest outrage.""

Here are the juiciest Colin Powell comments about Trump and Clinton from his hacked emails

When I PCS'd from Ft Drum to Korea I kept in touch with a few buddies from the 10th. After they deployed to Afghanistan Sen. Clinton went over for a tour. I was told that commanders had to ask for "volunteers" to fill seats wherever she went. That should tell you what the Military thought of Sen Clinton and its an opinion I don't believe has improved over the years. Hillary will not win the Military and Veteran vote.

Actually, it is Liberals like the OP who despise the military and the veterans. Most of them never served and would dodge serving if the draft was reinstated. They wish that the active duty and the veterans supported Hillary but they don't and that just tears them up. Even the Secret Service hate drawing a detail to defend Hillary.

"I prefer those who were not captured"

All a veteran needs to know about Trump

I believe some of those in the Pacific during WWII had little choice about being captured unless it was a large scale capture. Trump would have admired all those Pacific veterans that, like the Japanese, could not surrender, and fought to the end.

I believe some of those in the Pacific during WWII had little choice about being captured unless it was a large scale capture. Trump would have admired all those Pacific veterans that, like the Japanese, could not surrender, and fought to the end.

I don't know about WWII. I do know that we never took prisoners as a normal combat thing. Once in a blue moon the word would come down and they would send out a RECON or something with specific orders to bring back a prisoner but usually and as an everyday matter, we simply tried to stay far enough away from the enemy to either take any prisoner or be taken prisoner ourselves. Killing as many as we could was pretty much SOP.

When I go out to Nellis AFB, I NEVER see or hear the least bit of support for Obama or Shrillary. The opposite. While nobody talks a lot about politics, the word Trump constantly crops up.

You would think the vets would have known this was coming. Which foot is it? LOL

"You look into Trump’s eyes and you see the fear and confusion of a man who has just been told he’s got stage-four cervical cancer. He is a super-villain in a world without heroes, a man so obnoxious and unhappy that karma may see him reincarnated as himself. You kind of wish he’d get therapy, but at this stage it’s like hiring a window cleaner for a burning building. It’s still difficult to classify him exactly: he’s not a classic Nazi, but would burn books if his supporters knew how to read. Hillary Clinton was obviously the preferred establishment candidate, and whoever was on the rota for this election cycle at the Illuminati really dropped the ball, but Trump is still very much someone that the permanent powers have assessed they can work with."

Donald Trump: a man so obnoxious that karma may see him reincarnated as himself | Frankie Boyle

Why do veterans support Trump? Do they really think he will change the republican party's policies? Trump like so many republicans was a draft dodger. Lots of men were, I've only met one in my life who was honest and admitted getting a exemption. And while the lower classes served, the upper classes hide. And face it folks, bringing back the draft would create more crying than a Dear John. When Trump beats his chest like some superman, I have to laugh, when he had the chance to serve he too hide. So why the support? And this question is about policy, not the usual equivalency apologetic rebuttal.

Happy Veterans Day? 5 Times Republicans in Congress Screwed Veterans

GOP Hypocrites Call Vets Benefits Too Expensive But Want a $600 Billion Tax Cut for Business

Angry Veterans Lash Out At GOP: 'Don't You Dare Thank Me For My Service' (IMAGES)

Vets groups upset with Carson's plan to eliminate VA

Bush wants to privatize some veterans' health benefits, but in Florida it didn't go so well - CNNPolitics.com

Republicans In Congress Still Dishonor America's Veterans

GOP's actual track record on supporting veterans

"Republicans approve of the American farmer, but they are willing to help him go broke. They stand four-square for the American home -but not for housing. They are strong for labor - but they are stronger for restricting labor's rights. They favor minimum wage - the smaller the minimum wage the better. They endorse educational opportunity for all - but they won't spend money for teachers or for schools. They think modern medical care and hospitals are fine - for people who can afford them. They consider electrical power a great blessing - but only when the private power companies get their rake-off. They think American standard of living is a fine thing - so long as it doesn't spread to all the people. And they admire of Government of the United States so much that they would like to buy it." Harry S. Truman
I'm a vet that doesn't support Trump, but I can tell you why many do.

First of all, military people are, in general, Republicans...so you have that. You also have the fact that absolutely everybody in the military hated Clinton...Benghazi is the big reason why. I'm not in anymore, but certainly remember this well...they also get Fox News stuffed down there throats. Chow hall? Fox News. Some sort of waiting room? Fox News. Any sort of common area? Fox News. Not only that, but he generally appeals to military people with his brash nature, dumbed down linguistics, and constant support of military personnel or law enforcement agencies (which many service members transition into after getting out).

I would say, that for most military members I know that have college degrees or stay current on issues...the bag is a lot more mixed...however, the amount of enlisted people I know that do attain college degrees is very limited.

We were out yesterday and a bumper sticker had a veterans for Trump sticker. I can't figure it out as Trump's actions are hardly helpful to vets. So i came back to this thread and added some more information. I was happy to see the many views.

"While disabled veterans should be given every opportunity to earn a living, is it fair to do so to the detriment of the city as a whole or its tax paying citizens and businesses? Do we allow Fifth Ave., one of the world’s finest and most luxurious shopping districts, to be turned into an outdoor flea market, clogging and seriously downgrading the area?” Donald Trump

Trump vs. Veteran Vendors - FactCheck.org

“Oh they can make a living. I just don’t want their dirty crippled selves selling stuff near my totally classy buildings.”

Trump Loves Veterans? This Is What He Thinks Of Vets In Front Of Trump Tower

'No One Disrespects the Troops More Than Donald Trump'

No One Disrespects the Troops More Than Donald Trump

'Donald Trump’s Properties Were Sued At Least Eight Times For Disabilities Violations'

http://trumplies.com/donald-trumps-history-of-dishonoring-veterans/

'5 Reasons Veterans Should Not Support Donald Trump'

5 Reasons Veterans Should Not Support Donald Trump

'Trump's proposed Memorial Day pardons dishonor veterans — and pervert justice'

Opinion | Trump's plan to pardon war criminals is a grotesque way to honor Memorial Day

Lying to Veterans

All those times President Trump dishonored U.S. veterans and military service

Cadet Bone Spurs,
as Illinois senator and Iraq war vet Tammy Duckworth calls Trump. "What is patriotism? Let us begin with what patriotism is not. It is not patriotic to dodge the draft and to mock war heroes and their families. It is not patriotic to discriminate against active-duty members of the armed forces in one's companies, or to campaign to keep disabled veterans away from one's property. It is not patriotic to compare one's search for sexual partners in New York with the military service in Vietnam that one has dodged. It is not patriotic to avoid paying taxes, especially when American working families do pay. It is not patriotic to ask those working, taxpaying American families to finance one's own presidential campaign, and then to spend their contributions in one's own companies. It is not patriotic to admire foreign dictators. It is not patriotic to cultivate a relationship with Muammar Gaddafi; or to say that Bashar al-Assad and Vladimir Putin are superior leaders. It is not patriotic to call upon Russia to intervene in an American presidential election. It is not patriotic to cite Russian propaganda at rallies." Timothy Snyder

On Tyranny: Twenty Lessons from the Twentieth Century by Timothy Snyder

Hillary's husband came within a hair of being arrested for dodging the draft. Barry Hussein palled around with a domestic terrorist who blew up recruiting centers and intended his last nail bomb for a Ft. Dix Soldier's dance before it blew up and killed his girlfriend and a few of his scum comrades. Hussein invited the parents of a freaking traitor to the White House. Did he know or care? The VA was a mess during the Hussein years. It took a strong President like Trump to straighten it out. Anybody can see that Trump is a patriot and admires the Military and for some reason that seems to anger the crazy left.

Hillary's husband came within a hair of being arrested for dodging the draft. Barry Hussein palled around with a domestic terrorist who blew up recruiting centers and intended his last nail bomb for a Ft. Dix Soldier's dance before it blew up and killed his girlfriend and a few of his scum comrades. Hussein invited the parents of a freaking traitor to the White House. Did he know or care? The VA was a mess during the Hussein years. It took a strong President like Trump to straighten it out. Anybody can see that Trump is a patriot and admires the Military and for some reason that seems to anger the crazy left.

No more free rides.

Any links on how this 'strong president' trump straightened out the VA?

New Topics

Forum List

Back