Utah school omits teen with Down’s syndrome from cheer team photo

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

1624122549919.png

They took tqo photoes and used the one without the youngster with Downs.
Thats pretty shocking behaviour. Mormon values ?

C'mon man, you know in the US these places and teams are for the beautiful only. Only they are worthy of inclusion...
But they look such a diverse group.
You know that only white people live in Utah, yeah those Mormons claim all the rest came from a different planet like Jesus and his brother Satan?
They came around our estate when I was a youngter. Two of them looking like the Hitler Youth. They leaned their bikes up against a wall while they went round pestering folk. Bikes werent there when they went back so they went back to all the houses asking if they had seen anything. Nobody had and I guess their sky pilot told them to write us off. Never came back.

Thats [sic] pretty shocking behaviour [sic]. Mormon values ?

Nothing whatsoever to do with any “Mormon values”. That's just your own ignorance and bigotry speaking.

Not to speak for anyone involved in the matter, but of the two pictures, I would have used the one that they did as well. Not because the first one featured a girl who had the odd look of someone with Down's syndrome, but because it featured a girl who was not wearing the same uniform that the other girls were wearing, and who therefore broke the aesthetic of the image.

I have no idea why she was out of uniform, but I would bet that that was the reason the picture including her was not used, and that the fact that she had Down's syndrome had nothing to do with it.

Just look at these two pictures…

1624125032827.png

1624125052007.png

It jumps out rather disruptively, at a casual glance, that there is something wrong with the first picture, because there is a girl that is out of uniform. You have to look much more closely and intensely at the picture to notice that the out-of-uniform girl has the look of Down's syndrome. If she was in uniform, I doubt you'd notice the Down's syndrome.

Thats [sic] pretty shocking behaviour [sic]. Mormon values ?

Nothing whatsoever to do with any “Mormon values”. That's just your own ignorance and bigotry speaking.

Not to speak for anyone involved in the matter, but of the two pictures, I would have used the one that they did as well. Not because the first one featured a girl who had the odd look of someone with Down's syndrome, but because it featured a girl who was not wearing the same uniform that the other girls were wearing, and who therefore broke the aesthetic of the image.

I have no idea why she was out of uniform, but I would bet that that was the reason the picture including her was not used, and that the fact that she had Down's syndrome had nothing to do with it.

Just look at these two pictures…

View attachment 503281
View attachment 503282

It jumps out rather disruptively, at a casual glance, that there is something wrong with the first picture, because there is a girl that is out of uniform. You have to look much more closely and intensely at the picture to notice that the out-of-uniform girl has the look of Down's syndrome. If she was in uniform, I doubt you'd notice the Down's syndrome.
You have obviously studied the picture of these young girls a lot closer than I have Bob. If only the school had your perception and they could have explained the omission to the upset parents.

Personally, I find it upsetting that this child has been excluded and made to feel like an outcast because of this. I understand that the school did this two years ago as well. I think that the parents have been amazingly understanding about this. I am not sure that I could.

View attachment 503267

They took tqo photoes and used the one without the youngster with Downs.
Thats pretty shocking behaviour. Mormon values ?
Mongoloid syndrome. Utah doesn't like mongoloids.
So it would seem.

Forum List

Back