I'm telling my story because people fail to understand how serious this is

Life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you over-come it. The teller of this tale, IMO, seems to be placing a lot of blame on other people for "his" woes. Remember, when you point your finger at somebody, you have 3 other fingers pointing back at you.

[

There was no felony conviction! God and goddess, read the fucking post and THINK! Use that thing on your shoulders for something more than a fucking hat rack!

Yawn. He was arrested and charged with a felony, and plead down to a misdemenor.

WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK, WHACK! HELLO, McFLY?!?! You in there, dumbass?! There was no felony conviction and never was!

I wouldn't hire him to carry a gun in my community, and I wouldn't hire him to go into people's houses to do HVAC and I wouldn't imagine any other company doing it, either.

Again, the problem is, he didn't disclose the problem up front. And he copped an attitude when he got caught.

No, the problem is you are not capable of reading and comprehending basic English.

[

There was no felony conviction! God and goddess, read the fucking post and THINK! Use that thing on your shoulders for something more than a fucking hat rack!

Yawn. He was arrested and charged with a felony, and plead down to a misdemenor.

There was no felony conviction and never was![/b]

I wouldn't hire him to carry a gun in my community, and I wouldn't hire him to go into people's houses to do HVAC and I wouldn't imagine any other company doing it, either.

Again, the problem is, he didn't disclose the problem up front. And he copped an attitude when he got caught.

No, the problem is you are not capable of reading and comprehending basic English.

No, the problem is, he's trying to hide behind a legal technicality.

A cop caught him carrying an illegal weapon. He lied to his employer, his employer caught him lying and fired his ass. And he didn't learn his lesson the first time, because he kept doing it.

Joe...according to the narrative there WAS NO FELONY CONVICTION.

You insist there was.

Why?

You insist there was.

Why?

Because obviously, they do a background check on this joker, and it keeps coming up "Felony".

And frankly, given his poor grammar, screeching anger and general incoherence, I doubt he really understood what he was pleading to.

So the state and everyone else is wrong and he's right? Somehow, I kind of doubt that.

Has it occured to you to go into a line of work that doesn't require you to not be a convicted felon.

You are in two lines of work where the companies would be in a LOT of trouble if they hired a felon and something bad happened.

It also sounds like you didn't volunteer this information, and they found out about it later in at least some of the cases you described. You should probably always be upfront about this sort of thing, because it just gets you in trouble later when they do find out.

He was never convicted.

Why don't you read the post? Slow down and it's OK if you follow along with your finger and move your lips.

You insist there was.

Why?

Because obviously, they do a background check on this joker, and it keeps coming up "Felony".

And frankly, given his poor grammar, screeching anger and general incoherence, I doubt he really understood what he was pleading to.

So the state and everyone else is wrong and he's right? Somehow, I kind of doubt that.

Fair enough.

I suspect more than that is going on, (I think "security companies" have their own lists and records) but you could be right.

Has it occured to you to go into a line of work that doesn't require you to not be a convicted felon.

You are in two lines of work where the companies would be in a LOT of trouble if they hired a felon and something bad happened.

It also sounds like you didn't volunteer this information, and they found out about it later in at least some of the cases you described. You should probably always be upfront about this sort of thing, because it just gets you in trouble later when they do find out.

He was never convicted.

Why don't you read the post? Slow down and it's OK if you follow along with your finger and move your lips.

I did read the post. I just didn't find it credible.

If the cops are stopping by to confiscate your carry license, you didn't get tagged for just a misdemeanor.

So either he's the victim of a VAST conspiracy.

Or he just doesn't understand what he pled guilty to.

I'm going with the latter.

He was never convicted.

I did read the post. I just didn't find it credible.

If the cops are stopping by to confiscate your carry license, you didn't get tagged for just a misdemeanor.

Wanna bet?

So either he's the victim of a VAST conspiracy.

Or he just doesn't understand what he pled guilty to.

I'm going with the latter.

Just like you to trust a corrupt government over a citizen

Your poor reading comprehension is showing. He was never a convicted felon. It's all OK, carry on with your blatant, willful ignorance. It fits you so well.

Fuck, I will never get the three minutes back that it took to read that.

You actually read that? :cuckoo:

6i7w.jpg

Life can be more rewarding if you learn to read more than a bumper sticker.

A strange tale.

I can't imagine that happening out here...not for something so trivial.

A Missourian would LOL that in California they have the audacity to arrest someone and charge them with a felony for carrying a knife.

Here, a knife is an accessory.

Anyway...it sounds to me like your problem isn't with Nevada, or Sears or the HVAC supplier...it sounds like your problem is with California.

You need to hire a lawyer to get your conviction record in order.

It sounds to me like California is releasing false information...perhaps because of a clerical error...that you HAVE a felony conviction.

Have you requested a background check on yourself from California?

I suspect the problem is not malice, but simple bureaucratic incompetence on the part of California's probation department (or whatever they call it there).

They call it "public service" in CA, I believe.

[

You're a pompous asshole....you have no communication skills...you write for your own edification and could care less if your points are taken. You have no concept of what a working stiff is going through in this buyer's market for employment. You probably think his job would better be done by a peon in some asian sweatshop. You don't understand what's happened to this cat, or don't want to....you're too busy looking down your nose at somebody who is superior to you in every way. Wolf WORKS for a living...these are the guys who keep things moving, get things done. You? I doubt you could hold a job outside of something that you got because somebody knew your daddy...ya puffed up sissy.

Wow- do you enjoy being wrong so often.

Guy, I've been working since I was 16. I'm 51 now. I've done a stint in the military, have worked my way up from the warehouse floor to the office.

Now, all that said, I understand perfectly well what happened to this dude.

He got a felony conviction when he was a juvenile. He didn't disclose it to employers. He is in two lines of work (Security and HVAC) where they usually won't hire someone who has a felony, and for good reason.

Now, yeah, he'd probably be able to work around it if he 1) Disclosed this in his past (most applications have a section marked "Have you ever been arrested/convicted of a felony?") 2) Persued a line of work where employees don't need to be bonded, and 3) Didn't cope an attitude.

From his own narrative, he hasn't been able to do these things.

Now, believe me, I know it's hard out there. This recession has enabled LOTS of bad behavior by employers. I lost my last job becuase my employer illegally fired me after I ran up medical bills. I had a new job in two weeks.

Without the union to cover for your ass, you'd still be scraping shit from around the toilets. Union halls love mindless drones like you.

Your poor reading comprehension is showing. He was never a convicted felon. It's all OK, carry on with your blatant, willful ignorance. It fits you so well.

I am starting to think he is not willfully ignorant. I truly think he is actually STUPID.

He was never convicted.

How inconvenient, actually reading the post. OK, even having read the post, JoeB is incapable of comprehending what he has read. Unless it's on his daily "talking points", he cannot possibly be expected to coherently regurgitate a cogent thought.

I am starting to think he is not willfully ignorant. I truly think he is actually STUPID.

You have a point. Must suck to be him.

Forum List

Back