USMB needs this right now.

Oops..I see I was a bit late. We were posting at the same time. Thanks hon. :)

Now that I am in the mood..I think I am going to go find more birdies in the snow for my own sigline. BBL. :)

avg-joe-albums-avg-photos-picture6260-snow-day.jpg

Snow day!!

Awww! BOOTIES!!! Your white dog looks just like my Charlie. Gosh, I miss him. Charlie and Chooch and FattyCat. That was the other pack. They all died within 6 months of each other. When chooch died...fatty did too..then charlie was last. :(. It was a bad time for all of us. They mourned until they finally just flat out went where Chooch went.

Sad story. This is supposed to be a good upbeat thread so I will counter it with what happened after all were gone. Hubby and I were alone. Except for Pretties, the cat. But we had no dogs. OMG..me, with NO DOGS. I was miserable. I was depressed. I was lonely. But here comes the good part. A few days before xmas years ago when all this went down, a stray dog showed up in the front yard of the apartment complex I was manager of. It was like a miniature collie. Busy street, no owner, no collar. It was just in the front of my apartment, sitting there. So I invited it in, gave it some food and then drove around putting up flyers about a found lost dog. Nobody called. On christmas day, we had our meal, opened our meager presents (we were not in the mood for xmas, that's for sure), gave the guest dog its stuffed toy and bag of snausages. Went to bed. The day after xmas, I went downstairs to feed the dog (we kept it in the house with us...with the slider door cracked so it could go potty when needed)...and it was gone. Gate still padlocked. Fence was 6 feet tall, no gaps, no holes. It was just...gone.
To this day..I think Someone sent that dog to be with us on a day we missed our own furkids.:)

Awww! BOOTIES!!! Your white dog looks just like my Charlie. Gosh, I miss him. Charlie and Chooch and FattyCat. That was the other pack. They all died within 6 months of each other. When chooch died...fatty did too..then charlie was last. :(. It was a bad time for all of us. They mourned until they finally just flat out went where Chooch went.

Sad story. This is supposed to be a good upbeat thread so I will counter it with what happened after all were gone. Hubby and I were alone. Except for Pretties, the cat. But we had no dogs. OMG..me, with NO DOGS. I was miserable. I was depressed. I was lonely. But here comes the good part. A few days before xmas years ago when all this went down, a stray dog showed up in the front yard of the apartment complex I was manager of. It was like a miniature collie. Busy street, no owner, no collar. It was just in the front of my apartment, sitting there. So I invited it in, gave it some food and then drove around putting up flyers about a found lost dog. Nobody called. On christmas day, we had our meal, opened our meager presents (we were not in the mood for xmas, that's for sure), gave the guest dog its stuffed toy and bag of snausages. Went to bed. The day after xmas, I went downstairs to feed the dog (we kept it in the house with us...with the slider door cracked so it could go potty when needed)...and it was gone. Gate still padlocked. Fence was 6 feet tall, no gaps, no holes. It was just...gone.
To this day..I think Someone sent that dog to be with us on a day we missed our own furkids.:)
Awwwww... that is the sweetest story!

That's Kea in the boots. Her feet would get sore and red hiking in the snow, but we all loved spending time in the mountains. Cue the Internet and "Mutt-Luks" - Snow Boots For Dogs!
:thup: I just LOVE living in the 21st Century.​

Awww. The Christmas dog.

Forum List

Back