USMB Coffee Shop IV

I surfed for my respiratory issues a couple of months back adding "homeopathic cure" and it suggested making a tea with pure water and thyme spice. I didn't want to use too much, so I used my little 1/8th measure spoon, and nuked 12 Oz water for 40 seconds with that small amount of thyme well whisked in a big porcelain cup. I almost fainted when I finished drinking the "thyme tea" because it had already cleared my chest of the pain and coughing in less than 5 minutes. And the cough did not come back. Yeah, thyme and warm water are not particularly delicious, but it sure felt good and after sleeping all night, the cough wasn't there when I woke up the next morning because the cough was flat out gone and has not come back since.

Funny what you find online. Hope if you have a glass vial of thyme, take a sharpie pen and write "kills cough" on the thyme spice glass bottle.

I hope it works as well for you as it did for me with only 1/8th of a teaspoon anti-cough, homemade thyme tea medicine in a tall glass of very warm water.u
Did you use the dried thyme that you find in the spice section at the grocery store? My Aunt Betty has an on again off again chronic cough we assume is allergy related and so far have not found anything to give her much relief.

Did you use the dried thyme that you find in the spice section at the grocery store? My Aunt Betty has an on again off again chronic cough we assume is allergy related and so far have not found anything to give her much relief.
Yes, it came in a small glass container and was likely purchased at Walmart. I bought it because it gives flavor to a beef roast with pepper and pink sea salt that come in small grinder bottles.

I have a sad. My dog Songie gutted four of the other two doggies' babies, and smothered 2 others. I guess she was doing population control, but she's in the doghouse now. I feel so sick, because I couldn't figure out why I had so many deaths of newborn puppies. I now have a sore throat for yelling at my formerly beloved dog. The other two mothers are her first litter daughters. They must have known the little bodies I found were taken out by their own mother. I'm still recuperating from my 2-day hospital stay, and now this very sad time. Have to go and find out if there are more little carcases and protecting the living. :(

I scored 70
GOLughbWMAAJi23.jpg

90/100. Have never gotten a tattoo. :) (The class I failed was a 2 hour credit class in college called 'Art Appreciation.' I missed so many classes and was depending on a classmate to take good notes for both of us as I helped her with something else. She failed the class too. Alas. I did make it up with an A the second time.)

I’m glad there’s a “Fortunately” and hugs..

When I retired I seemed to get sick all the time, it was like a permission slip after years of being.. responsible.

Thank you mon petit chou!

And oh nooeessss! I'm about to retire! I hope I got the big sick out of the way. I haven't worked in an office or used public transit for years - so my immune system hasn't gotten much exercise since 2019. I think my lower stress/adrenaline levels made me a ripe target as well.

Oh wow Boe, we should have had you on the vigil list. So sorry you've been sick but happy you're getting well now. I figure my time is coming soon but I do try to ward off the bugs floating around with lots of antioxidants in my food, extra Vitamin D, C and Zinc. So far so good.

Thank you friendo! I get a lot of antioxidents as well - I just think it was time for my immune system to get a work out. Hopefully this is the worst one for a long time.

90/100. Have never gotten a tattoo. :) (The class I failed was a 2 hour credit class in college called 'Art Appreciation.' I missed so many classes and was depending on a classmate to take good notes for both of us as I helped her with something else. She failed the class too. Alas. I did make it up with an A the second time.)
70% for me - no tattoo, no skiing and no failed class.

I surfed for my respiratory issues a couple of months back adding "homeopathic cure" and it suggested making a tea with pure water and thyme spice. I didn't want to use too much, so I used my little 1/8th measure spoon, and nuked 12 Oz water for 40 seconds with that small amount of thyme well whisked in a big porcelain cup. I almost fainted when I finished drinking the "thyme tea" because it had already cleared my chest of the pain and coughing in less than 5 minutes. And the cough did not come back. Yeah, thyme and warm water are not particularly delicious, but it sure felt good and after sleeping all night, the cough wasn't there when I woke up the next morning because the cough was flat out gone and has not come back since.

Funny what you find online. Hope if you have a glass vial of thyme, take a sharpie pen and write "kills cough" on the thyme spice glass bottle.

I hope it works as well for you as it did for me with only 1/8th of a teaspoon anti-cough, homemade thyme tea medicine in a tall glass of very warm water.

That sounds like a very good idea! I made strong ginger tea (just ginger tea bags - no other ingredients) with fresh lemon. It was delicious and definitely helped. I wonder how Ginger-Thyme-Lemon would work?

Thank you mon petit chou!

And oh nooeessss! I'm about to retire! I hope I got the big sick out of the way. I haven't worked in an office or used public transit for years - so my immune system hasn't gotten much exercise since 2019. I think my lower stress/adrenaline levels made me a ripe target as well.
Mmm .. I thought you’d retired months ago Lady Boedicca and was off traveling your historical home countries. My grandchildren are bringing over new illnesses for me to test out pretty regularly, the families are big on hugs so exposure is almost unavoidable.

I’m big on plentiful sleep, keeping my core temperature under control, chicken soup, plenty of citrus and since I’m retired not much stress, eh .. I can do it tomorrow so just relax.

I always wish the best for you my friend, I hope that helps.. 🙂

Mmm .. I thought you’d retired months ago Lady Boedicca and was off traveling your historical home countries. My grandchildren are bringing over new illnesses for me to test out pretty regularly, the families are big on hugs so exposure is almost unavoidable.

I’m big on plentiful sleep, keeping my core temperature under control, chicken soup, plenty of citrus and since I’m retired not much stress, eh .. I can do it tomorrow so just relax.

I always wish the best for you my friend, I hope that helps.. 🙂

I'm almost retired. My company asked me to handle some accounts part time for a few months - so I am helping them out. But the clock is ticking and then the world travels will commence for real!

Forum List

Back