USMB Coffee Shop IV

Ey-eHhBUUAASwGF.jpg

Hey gallantwarrior ... Aloha my cyber phriend... Just read a blurb online and immediately thought of you... Not knowing your tree cover situation don't know if something like this would even be worth while...

How good is Starlink satellite internet from SpaceX? I tried it out (msn.com)
Aloha, Ridgerunner!! I'll have to check this out. I have lots of trees but have been clearing around my house and barn in order to keep wildfires at bay should my place be threatened. Thanks!

Another blurb online re: Starlink satellite internet from SpaceX...

What early users of SpaceX's Starlink satellite internet think about the service, speed and more (msn.com)

Well...update on the beach and going home. Not happening. For 5 years they have been lying to us. Told us with our combined income, our rent would be somewhere in the vicinity of 475 and 500. Today, they told us our rent would be 675, not including ANY utilities. Which in essence means over 1000 per month. That's a mighty big jump for HUD and supposedly "for low income seniors".

So after 5 long years...its over. That tiny little flame of hope got snuffed out real quick.

At first I was pissed. Sad. Angry. Disappointed. Thought of all that has transpired since we first got on that list..a year before we had to leave our house at the beach we were renting. The hope they would call. Then the homeless situation. Still the hope remained. Then Paradise Fire. And still the hope was there. Then here in this town. Yep..hope still hanging in there. Then here to where we are now, which is also HUD. And yes...hope. Tonight that died. So peeved I was. Emotions running rampant. BUT....I always had a convo with God that I would go where I am sent. He sent us here, where we are. So I presume this is where He wants us to be. Who the heck knows? What if I pushed was I MYSELF wanted, Diable blew up? Or THE earthquake we are due for and the beach disappeared like Atlantis? Perhaps He knows what is best and it is NOT back where we lived and were happy for 30 years.

So now I can let it go. It's over. Maybe I can find some peace now without that damn "hope" hanging over my head like it has been for 5 years.

Well...update on the beach and going home. Not happening. For 5 years they have been lying to us. Told us with our combined income, our rent would be somewhere in the vicinity of 475 and 500. Today, they told us our rent would be 675, not including ANY utilities. Which in essence means over 1000 per month. That's a mighty big jump for HUD and supposedly "for low income seniors".

So after 5 long years...its over. That tiny little flame of hope got snuffed out real quick.

At first I was pissed. Sad. Angry. Disappointed. Thought of all that has transpired since we first got on that list..a year before we had to leave our house at the beach we were renting. The hope they would call. Then the homeless situation. Still the hope remained. Then Paradise Fire. And still the hope was there. Then here in this town. Yep..hope still hanging in there. Then here to where we are now, which is also HUD. And yes...hope. Tonight that died. So peeved I was. Emotions running rampant. BUT....I always had a convo with God that I would go where I am sent. He sent us here, where we are. So I presume this is where He wants us to be. Who the heck knows? What if I pushed was I MYSELF wanted, Diable blew up? Or THE earthquake we are due for and the beach disappeared like Atlantis? Perhaps He knows what is best and it is NOT back where we lived and were happy for 30 years.

So now I can let it go. It's over. Maybe I can find some peace now without that damn "hope" hanging over my head like it has been for 5 years.
I'll tell ya Gracie, every winter I get so sick of it I can hardly stand it, so I look at homes in Florida on Zillow and run numbers and scenarios in my head, yeah I could do this, yeah I could do that, and I was even one day away from buying a huge 34' camper trailer with slide outs and the works, planning to pull it down to Florida in the winter, huge chunk of money, and I backed out of the deal. Then it starts to warm up in Wisconsin and that all subsides, and I'm back to thinking how much I actually do love my little chunk of heaven here in Podunk, and how much blood, sweat and tears I've put into it in the 13 years I've lived here and I just can't walk away from it. It would take more money than I have to buy something similar in Florida. But ya know, after learning that Florida is the 3rd most populated state in America, and over 1,000 people a DAY move there, and that the traffic there, everywhere, is horrendous bumper to bumper... I don't want to live there. I don't even want to spend the winter there. I'll tough it out where I'm at. So there's something to be said about making where you're at "home."

Last edited:
I was finally able to access the website, and get an appointment for April 24th, for the Pfizer vaccine. I decided when I woke up this morning that I would have an appointment by the end of the day, and I made it happen. I would have put on my ear buds and danced around the living room until my knee pops again, but my phone was charging at the time, and my knee hasn't fully healed from my last "Dance like no one's watching" moment when I got the results of my cancer test earlier this week.

My oldest grandson's wife is a registered massage therapist who had a small but very successful clinic in Thunder Bay. Privately owned businesses with fewer than 10 employees in Canada received no financial assistance during last spring's lockdowns, and massage therapists, chiropractors, gyms and hairdressers were shut down from March until June. Her employees received unemployment insurance benefits of $2000 per month, as did she, but nothing for rent, phone or office overhead. She was also pregnant and due in July. She closed the clinic.

My great-grandson was born 5 weeks early, shortly after lockdown ended, but slightly over 5 lbs., strong and healthy, and we had no worries for him. She waited until after the Christmas lockdown ended, and with vaccines rolling out by the thousands, she found a new location, spent money on rent, paint, and renovations, hired new staff, and sent out her grand re-opening announcements this week. Today, Doug Ford announced another 30 day lockdown, shutting her down before she can even re-open, and once again she's on the hook for rent and overhead with no income.

In the small town where I live, we have rallied around these small businesses to keep them afloat, but she lives in the big city, and without income, she won't last long on a second go round.

Hope everyone is doing well. Stopped by to show off two new acquisitions I picked via the muzzleloading forum I'm on. One of the members has a 100 + collection of powder horns and he's culling the herd. He's asking around a third of what the horns are actually worth. These two are made by master horn makers and just gorgeous.

I been watching him. 80 horns or so he is selling?

NP_wsjkgsfgAdmA75tl6a09CiNFbTxJa28jJp41FmA3lJ_YtPw6OGRUcINqfcShS99ITr8azi3vo19_NzCMI-8QI5mcVmQb2rdCEsqjZZwmp0i2O99dBl240DqA_8JfZ7KN9M_FHUm7GE7RwTCx8FiFbsEDfgtbOY2V849aAnD1iezHmcpW13oQKGe4PrBE1qUgMm6yez6L1W2PK3h4TFXjnOtIRBRLnkmj7dqbVt75rUpt1w_7nTpvNcAJY9k70JE2OJGjTaqXaSd7CD9ba4LVg3SiPU1n96zXPfeLhQGVM0SjzGY1qcu1jpNqVApxfkV5kq2KIhZi5masyFkMiNZPSOc8zVWoFaEumD9BAjX_yy9eHWoQoLtPXqe8pxnm2A8OD-AQDb6M9F6OhTH8UBvE8eisPdhQ2KLdk3ex_A-Ks__A9_ZqU-pjQcWCDWpKoTryww1KwKDTeAyvanNEc4RQOrxCbtvVA1SsB4yFZpu1x6ep-nT2aq9VSLHGw1Bt5iXPW07gqtwqgUvNvdM3zctZkFY0I_lZ1x1uKUddBmUjGYtJlQquDSWI4Rcb4Y__f07uYjp_H4D9ChhLK7EQVdyOVdin9Ie_igriT4mZYEqs3iVIhHLt6IX52wsijCO_vJCb6iTXLdZgNGWpqsEknX3PkcK4DSleERlGwIVNNGlnJJCmcQlyrIQImrh8ZbkUmniCUCWVffYfG25isI7cmk_FN=w634-h845-no

uw-Yh_xG9OWN2DeToWrBlffbVBAJ8hIM7Y6fmfTbjn-4Uvv47dDO-LL3hV7eCLQrll6SkoNcNrQuje04yEFqIatzNQIg-3R1XU00vqtR8lZCJcyE2HwQTBnzxQKWKdQYTA9WN8GlwBp2Jn2Hzc-ytBZLS1RUnMc_NSG8lowHjjkTX6LmMC1QvnZXEqkInsa1YHm5_U4wOh0Vjxln4tc3muDz50LURcsJHT46oFavb2s0jVI6E4Ai3Li7pa5T-BRZCrryGw0ZGso0zxtNjUkieEEob6YMCTntpzybhCZgZC2MuPzIK9Raf0JnDWHhkElRoW_xPAw5rSABK0b2cAFk98cPFKUIkkRMB1XbzhfzU08NyV95pyBl-llBpVeDeqtD04rm-84uf5pwmLoV0Fpx6kg-yzo7FQPaFXZc5hDeS_LCETmuy6wwb4YWYktFP0V5iS3fcpWhBK4e7BVSRIANIAFDjnXT5_7Qa80Ks_EoTcH7xb4xGaG-CBFtRj_WASsLF6zYxiH7kOYu1LPMQO_gkhET-7il8AhzBoEA2GTxcr_jncWs8n1dpJ-xEKLlI6HNXSAC7pwXCVYcGBCTekziuy5JJzLyy7IAIEZ_yKlI4xlGPSxVikC2MjmD4fmK1zH9ft_T23e-kb0OkjuYl3pz0cFfEY_BhtaP5kdPOM1AY1uJMFjQkxTO_jH2SqTc3z8FlGDrc1_WEkBxJ48v1m9TuObr=w634-h845-no

I love the etching and painting on the top one. The colors are warmer too, but both of them are beautiful!!
[/QUOTE]
Every day for the last week he's put one or two up for sale and each one has been gorgeous but I'd be broke if I had bought all he posted so far even with his awesome prices.
[/QUOTE]

oo7, I wish I had a slice of your heaven, but the grass is always greener on the other side.

I am on two other lists. One of them will eventually call. Then I can go, I hope. Long as I can stay healthy myself. MrG is pretty much done for mentally and physically, so everything is up to me so I have to keep trudging along.

I still hate it here. My resident file is full of complaints from bitchy bitter bored old people claiming I am smoking pot, smoking tobacco, etc in my apt. Management has come up 3 times in the not-yet-sixth-months here...and they smelled nothing. BECAUSE I AM NOT DOING IT. I don't smoke pot. Its gross to me. Last time I got high was 1973 and it made me sick..puking, the shits, you name it. And I don't smoke cigs in my apartment either. MrG cannot handle it with his bad heart, plus its against the rules and I don't break rules..theirs or my own. I don't smoke in my house. It stinks. Hell I stink enough with it on my clothes. I damn sure don't want the smell in my bed. BUT...everytime some old crone complains of smoke smell and "its coming fro HER apt because she's a SMOKER", it has to go in my file. Today, the man across the hall complained of my incence I burn. Says it irritates him. Well, he is across the hall completely facing the other side of the building and I'm fed up with no matter what I do, somene bitches about it....and it goes in my file. I LIKE incense. Always have. Sold it in my shops when I had them. I ENJOY it. It calms me. But now its a problem. What's next? Complaints I may be wearing perfume? Cooking a meal they don't like the smell of? Wearing the wrong outfit? Breathing? This is bordering on harassment and I am fucking fed up. But I have to grovel and toe the proverbial line because if they kick us out on presumptions, we will have to head to Arizona to the inlaws. Heaven forbid that!

If it isn't one thing, its another. Bitch bitch bitch is all they do. LEAVE ME ALONE I say. Yet, these people are old, bored and I am the new one, so they ask for my help because I don't use a walker (yet), nor am in a wheel chair, and am the youngest and still have some strength to heft sofas and recliners and drive the old fucks wherever they need to go and my thanks are lies and complaints. I'm done helping them. I don't even go out to the smoking section where the other old fucking smokers go. I go out to my car. I'd rather deal with the homeless hasseling me for a cig than sit there and give them something else to bitch about.

Sorry for the rant. Guess I had to get that out.

I, too, haunt zillow and realtor. Just looking. Wishing. Envious. Mostly want OUT of this town. Too many people. Too busy. Too noisy. I want SMALL town living. But want in one hand and shit in the other...you know the saying.

Meh. Maybe I should start drinking.

oo7, I wish I had a slice of your heaven, but the grass is always greener on the other side.

I am on two other lists. One of them will eventually call. Then I can go, I hope. Long as I can stay healthy myself. MrG is pretty much done for mentally and physically, so everything is up to me so I have to keep trudging along.

I still hate it here. My resident file is full of complaints from bitchy bitter bored old people claiming I am smoking pot, smoking tobacco, etc in my apt. Management has come up 3 times in the not-yet-sixth-months here...and they smelled nothing. BECAUSE I AM NOT DOING IT. I don't smoke pot. Its gross to me. Last time I got high was 1973 and it made me sick..puking, the shits, you name it. And I don't smoke cigs in my apartment either. MrG cannot handle it with his bad heart, plus its against the rules and I don't break rules..theirs or my own. I don't smoke in my house. It stinks. Hell I stink enough with it on my clothes. I damn sure don't want the smell in my bed. BUT...everytime some old crone complains of smoke smell and "its coming fro HER apt because she's a SMOKER", it has to go in my file. Today, the man across the hall complained of my incence I burn. Says it irritates him. Well, he is across the hall completely facing the other side of the building and I'm fed up with no matter what I do, somene bitches about it....and it goes in my file. I LIKE incense. Always have. Sold it in my shops when I had them. I ENJOY it. It calms me. But now its a problem. What's next? Complaints I may be wearing perfume? Cooking a meal they don't like the smell of? Wearing the wrong outfit? Breathing? This is bordering on harassment and I am fucking fed up. But I have to grovel and toe the proverbial line because if they kick us out on presumptions, we will have to head to Arizona to the inlaws. Heaven forbid that!

If it isn't one thing, its another. Bitch bitch bitch is all they do. LEAVE ME ALONE I say. Yet, these people are old, bored and I am the new one, so they ask for my help because I don't use a walker (yet), nor am in a wheel chair, and am the youngest and still have some strength to heft sofas and recliners and drive the old fucks wherever they need to go and my thanks are lies and complaints. I'm done helping them. I don't even go out to the smoking section where the other old fucking smokers go. I go out to my car. I'd rather deal with the homeless hasseling me for a cig than sit there and give them something else to bitch about.

Sorry for the rant. Guess I had to get that out.

I, too, haunt zillow and realtor. Just looking. Wishing. Envious. Mostly want OUT of this town. Too many people. Too busy. Too noisy. I want SMALL town living. But want in one hand and shit in the other...you know the saying.

Meh. Maybe I should start drinking.
I can so relate to your plight, Gracie. Apartment living has to be the worst thing on the planet. I count the number of times I had bangs on walls, floors, ceilings, visits by the cops, eviction threats, because I always played my music too loud. Well I'm an audiophile and love the stereos, and music, and to me it wasn't loud, but oh boy, the neighbors hated it. The last apartment I lived in, in Reno, they pretty much left me alone, I think because they saw me come and go on a Harley, and occasionally show up with a pack of outlaw bikers, and sometimes the Vagos would show up, so I think they were kinda afraid of me so left me alone. But like you, I had no choice. Prices are so expensive out west it's ridiculous. Even 13 years ago, my one bedroom, with a garage, was $875 a month. For cryin' out loud, my entire mortgage payment, tax and insurance payments monthly is only $514, on a home. Wisconsin might have some of the worst winters in America, but that's probably why it's so cheap to live here.

Yeah I agree, if I was you, I wouldn't do crap for any of those old bitchers either. I hate back stabbers. They'll smile and say hello to you right before they call and bitch about you to the front office. So I hope someday you find a little town and a decent place to live. Maybe move out of California to a state where it's cheaper. Last time I was on Zillow was just a couple days ago after finding out WV was the cheapest place to live in the nation. They're not kidding, but not only is it pretty there, home prices are rock bottom. Kinda strange, I think I could live there. Saw some very nice homes dirt cheap. But, if homes go cheap, then apartment rents are going to be cheap as well.

My birthday in July will be a year since I quit drinking... and the occasional smoking... and the oxycodone. I quit everything. Haven't been to the tavern either. Just isolating. Good thing I'm used to being alone.

So it appears that there is a shift in speech tics from "like," to "right." I'm hearing more and more people interjecting a "right" while conversing than ever before.

Door dash dumped $80 of seafood on my deck tonite that we didn't order. Called em and gave em the order number but apparently they have no way to match it to an address. Took to the street briefly and got it to right customer who had been refunded his money.

Winter is trying to hang on up nort' here, could see a little rain, sleet or snow. Actually they're seeing quite a bit of snow south of us. Hopefully it's winter's last gasp. It's supposed to be a lot warmer than it is for the middle of April. People are looking to start planting gardens pretty quick.

Forum List

Back