USMB Coffee Shop IV

1590296466585.png

Hi, Foxfyre et al.

What strange times we are living in. Hope the health issues are manageable.

My shoulder is taking ages.

But that’s nothing, compared to some.
Hopefully your shoulder is ok now Mindful :)

Thank you. :113:

It's going okay, but still hurts with movement. Many people have told me it takes a long time, even the surgeon.

I might do some more physio, after this 'hiatus' is over.

Hi, Foxfyre et al.

Hopefully your shoulder is ok now Mindful :)

Thank you. :113:

It's going okay, but still hurts with movement. Many people have told me it takes a long time, even the surgeon.

I might do some more physio, after this 'hiatus' is over.
:smiliehug:

Well, got some sunflowers and morning glories planted this weekend.
1590482441449.png
1590482514444.png

I hope it's not too late to get them in the ground. We used to get wild morning glories out at the front fence that were the wild pink ones, and they were so PINK! My mother always liked the blue ones, and so do I. The bluer the better. Even so, the pink ones were pretty before I started keeping grass and other weeds out from under the lowest rung of horizontal boards on the fence.

Hi, Foxfyre et al.

:)
Mindful, I've been missing you lately. I'm sorry to hear your shoulder is bothering you. Hope it gets to feeling better. :huddle:

Hi, Foxfyre et al.

Mindful, I've been missing you lately. I'm sorry to hear your shoulder is bothering you. Hope it gets to feeling better. :huddle:

Hi there, Beautress. How’s it going with you?

I’ve been getting around, cyberwise (g)

Beautiful weather in my part of the world. I should be in the US right now, but don’t know when that’s going to happen. :(

At least they’ve opened the borders here.

Hope to get some more of my seeds planted for the flower garden I'm experimenting on.

I planted some flowers that are doing well in the seed starter kits. But I have other packets laying around, if I can get back into the garden when it stops raining. It looks like several days of rain are going to visit us this late spring in Walker County, though. I guess I'm the kid with sugar plum flowers dancing in her head.

I've seen some red clover like these, but I only have one packet ~
1590483357508.png
1590483396404.png

And poppies, hope it's not getting too late to plant them ~
1590483545572.png
1590483521028.png

And mother used to plant these deep red, giant cockscombs years ago:

1590483809433.png
1590483704413.png
1590483858943.png

Hope to get some more of my seeds planted for the flower garden I'm experimenting on.

I planted some flowers that are doing well in the seed starter kits. But I have other packets laying around, if I can get back into the garden when it stops raining. It looks like several days of rain are going to visit us this late spring in Walker County, though. I guess I'm the kid with sugar plum flowers dancing in her head.

View attachment 341111View attachment 341112

View attachment 341114View attachment 341113

View attachment 341116View attachment 341115View attachment 341117

It’s peony season ~ albeit short. My favourite flower, I keep buying bunches of them.

Hi, Foxfyre et al.

Hi there, Beautress. How’s it going with you?

I’ve been getting around, cyberwise (g)

Beautiful weather in my part of the world. I should be in the US right now, but don’t know when that’s going to happen. :(

At least they’ve opened the borders here.
I'm okay, even with nonstop asthma. It's 4 am and I've been up since about 1:30 & can't seem to get back to sleep. I may well go to my little sewing room and work on this brown quilt I'm working on this month. It's so plain, tannish centers and assorted light and dark brown florals and geometrics. For the pure fun of it, I think I'll sash them with tiny red strips to bring a little life into them. Or maybe some green leaves print to celebrate trees, which are greener and more lush than I've seen them since childhood in Houston. I live in the country now, and it's so beautiful here before the Dog Days of summer get here.

It’s peony season ~ albeit short. My favourite flower, I keep buying bunches of them.
I've always loved seeing peonies in people's gardens. I'll see if I can find a plant or two of them and will be thinking of you when I see the lovely flowers (if the nursery has any left). Well I know a place. They're expensive, but always well-stocked in the springtime. My roses are loving the rain, bless their poor neglected little hearts. I need to throw some rose plant food their way today!

Let's see if I can find some pictures of peonies:
1590484525455.png
1590484556523.png

1590484614552.png
1590484711455.png
1590484775753.png

What lovely creatures the peonies are.

I've always loved seeing peonies in people's gardens. I'll see if I can find a plant or two of them and will be thinking of you when I see the lovely flowers (if the nursery has any left). Well I know a place. They're expensive, but always well-stocked in the springtime. My roses are loving the rain, bless their poor neglected little hearts. I need to throw some rose plant food their way today!

Let's see if I can find some pictures of peonies:
View attachment 341118View attachment 341119
View attachment 341120View attachment 341121View attachment 341122
What lovely creatures the peonies are.

I visited a peony farm/plantation in New Jersey a few years ago. The owner had spent some time in England, had fallen in love with peonies there, and was inspired to grow them and start up a business back in the USA.

And what a sight they were! Rows of them, all colours and variations.

Forum List

Back