USMB Coffee Shop IV

Well....I get to see a new pain management doctor. He asked for xrays of both hips, both wrists, lower back. Blood tests show my RA factors are sky high, but they needed to SEE. So...I got the xrays done. Seems I have an old wrist fracture that healed lopsided, my right hip (which doesn't bother me. Its the LEFT one) has some kind of abnormality, my left thumb and wrist was damaged in some way and healed incorrectly too so its "abnormal" too, and my lower back is nothing but a mess of RA with no cushions to speak of. Oh, same with my right wrist. But now its the tiny little bones in the lower part of my palm crunching around each other which hurts like a mo fo. Pain. Thats all it is. Just flat out pain. I usually ignore it..until I have to walk to the end of the store to get the damn heavy gallon of milk/open a damn welded on plastic lid to a water bottle or even to open the damn milk once I get it home/open a can of cat food or tuna or whatever is in the can and in general..every day shit I used to take for granted.

So what will this new pain management doc want me to do? Take meds that can cause cancer, lymphoma, difficulty swallowing, swelling of face and throat, blindness, heart problems and a multitude of ailments worse than the RA which I REFUSE to take. I just want my 1 & 1/2 norco at night. During the day, I deal with it. At night...I want to sleep on my side without my hips/back keeping me awake and adjust my pillow without my hands having a hissy fit where I gasp at the shooting stabs and throbs that last for hours. Will this new doc continue to give me my 1 & 1/2 pill daily, or will I "become addicted" as they are so wont to say? Time will tell. I see him/her next week. I think.

Which brings me to something my depressed state of mind has drummed up, which is not unusual with the way things are nowadays and all the hate/sadness/bickering going on the world over:

When I was a kid, I saw a movie about an artist. Or was it a piano player? I don't remember, but I DO remember telling daddy I would never paint (play piano?) because the devil would hurt me in some way where I couldn't do it any more. Dad said nonsense. But it stuck in my head. And guess what? I was right. I can no longer paint. Never did play the piano though. But painting? Impossible. Hell, I can't even pull my hair back into a ponytail any more. What if I were a professional painter when younger and that was my livelihood? Good thing I am only a "mood" painter. I do it when in the mood...which no longer exists now.

Also...my fear when I was in my teens was to become homeless. I remember seeing old ladies with fake flowers poked in their ratty hair, pushing a shopping cart with all their belongings. It scared me. So I worked my ass off and THOUGHT I married well, with a partner that would work and save with me. Wrong again. I chose the wrong profession (property manager) where you get free rent and utilities but no salary although free to work outside the complex although that is next to impossible if you have a large property to manage. Still...we made due, us both. And trust? Oh yes..we trusted people we shouldnt have trusted at all. Nothing in writing. BIG mistake. So did I make many of those mistakes? Oh yes, I sure did. Husband was too tight to help purchase a home with me. Renting was cheaper he said. I trusted his judgement. But then shit happens. I won't go into detail because I have talked about it here before. Needles to say...my fear of homelessness came true too. No cart pushing, but I did get lucky and have a car. Then again...losing everything we owned, which wasn't much, in the Paradise fire. Which brings me to where I am now. Depressed, sad, angry, feeling really REALLY stupid and naive, and wishing I was 20 years old again and could start over with better choices and less trust.

So..I was wondering...has anything you ever feared actually come true? Or were you lucky and avoided disaster?

Sorry for the long post. I ache. Each tap of the keyboard shoots pain, but...I get my 1 & 1/2 norco in about 15 minutes so..........:D

Was just getting ready to shut everything down & head for bed when I saw your post Gracie. I do wonder about you often, how you're doing, what's happening. Anything happen re moving back to the coast?

I have been having a lot more inflammation & pain the last several months since I had to quit taking ibuprofen & naproxen. Tylenol helps a little but it is not an anti-inflammatory & you can't take a lot of it because of probable liver damage. So I've been taking hemp oil (no thc) and that does seem to help. And this week a doctor friend gave Hombre & me a bottle of CBD that we take one capsule size pill a day. And it really does seem to help.

Neither has enough thc to qualify as a controlled substance, but we'll probably test positive for mj if we're ever tested but at this point I don't care. Whatever works.

Well I'm off to bed.

Good night Gracie.

And good night everybody. I really do love you guys.
Prayers up for your pain, Gracie. My heart goes out to you.
1589390095145.png

:huddle:

Last edited:
I made it, where's my coffee?
In God we trust. All others pay cash, so that cup of coffee will cost ya 5 bucks hard. In advance, of course

Welcome to the Coffee Shop Bobob. We hope you're enjoying USMB. Please read over the opening post to see what we're all about in here and then just keep right on joining in. First timers receive a complimentary beverage:

1589504625853.png

So anyway, it's just after Happy New Year 2020 and I'm feeling worse than lousy, every muscle seems to ache, I have rare for me headaches, my lungs feel like I'm two clicks away from any breath at all, all I want to do is sleep, eat and drink a little, make an appearance and go back to bed. This lasted for 3 days and then took about a week to get back to my happy Lumpy self..

I think I know what happened now but what's your (whomever) diagnosis ... and yes, I was very close to "I think I need to go to a hospital"

Corazon I seen where there may be some bad weather headed towards the P. I. ... If so please hang on to your hat and keep your head down...

Thanks Ridgerunner for your advice! :smiliehug:
I'm not going out I'm stuck in my house! :)
Unfortunately we have several typhoons every year.... :(:(

Hi all. The wife wanted to get a second opinion on possible surgery so yesterday we drove out to Roswell to see the surgeon who first removed the lump in her butt and found out it was cancer. He looked at all the info including the CT Scan video and explained that even if he was able to remove just the lump in her leg the wound had a good chance of never healing and agreed with what her cancer team had told us. Needless to say she was pretty let down.
She also has an appointment scheduled Monday (again in Roswell) with the surgical urologist she was seeing before but has decided to do a phone consult instead. The three hour trip down and three hour trip back was too much for her.
So now we're working on getting ready for the final time and trying to do as much together as her condition will allow.
Her cancer doc was also supposed to refer her to hospice care, still waiting to hear from them.

Hi all. The wife wanted to get a second opinion on possible surgery so yesterday we drove out to Roswell to see the surgeon who first removed the lump in her butt and found out it was cancer. He looked at all the info including the CT Scan video and explained that even if he was able to remove just the lump in her leg the wound had a good chance of never healing and agreed with what her cancer team had told us. Needless to say she was pretty let down.
She also has an appointment scheduled Monday (again in Roswell) with the surgical urologist she was seeing before but has decided to do a phone consult instead. The three hour trip down and three hour trip back was too much for her.
So now we're working on getting ready for the final time and trying to do as much together as her condition will allow.
Her cancer doc was also supposed to refer her to hospice care, still waiting to hear from them.

There are no words. But we're here if we can help.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Montrovant for continued progress in his transition.
Kat for wellness
JustAnotherNut for wellness
Mindful and healing for her shoulder.
Good results for Nosmo's step nephew dealing with difficult surgeries.
Beautress for wellness.
Gracie and Mr. G. for continued progress for solutions.
Extra prayers/positive vibes for gallantwarrior dealing with his own health issues as well as a terribly difficult situation with Rod and stresses of caring for the animals.
Peach's Mr. P for continued progress, healing, and recovery and Peach for the stresses of being primary caretaker.
Ringel and Ms Ringel - comfort, wellness, peace, love for both.

And we leave the light on so that those who have been away can find their way back and we hope they do.

May 16 is the International Day of Light
1589611359397.png

Though it seems rather late in the game here, there is a possibility that this therapy could work, or at least bring some comfort.

I took a training from Brent about this time last year...He is quite the empath....I've worked variations of his technique on subjects to help with their pain issues, and the stuff really works....You never know.

Forum List

Back