USMB Coffee Shop IV

Okay, caught up.
I've been mostly MIA lately but I finished a two week seminar on the B777. I had to rearrange my personal schedule a bit to accommodate the training time. Now, I have to finish the on-line training and test. It's worth $1200 and includes a 12 month contract of employment. The company I work for got smart with training a couple of years ago and started offering bonuses and requiring a signed contract that the employee would stay with the company for a year, at least. Last year I took a pass on training, deferring to younger techs, but Rod had his stroke and my plans to retire swirled down the toilet. This year, I cannot afford to pass on training like this.
The weather has taken a turn for the better. Temps have been above freezing for the past two days and look to stay in the double digits above zero for the foreseeable future. That means more snow.
The three healthy kids are growing fast and are as cute as all get-out. They play and are already mouthing hay. The two crippled babies are still inside with their mommas and will have to remain here until the weather is reliably warm enough that they won't freeze again, Besides, their feet are so bad, I am actively fighting infection every way I can. I ordered some Agri-cillin and as soon as it arrives I will be administering a two week course of injectable antibiotics. I've been using topical treatment now and so far it seems to be working well enough. The little one has developed a technique of lifting her hind legs into the air and walking on only her front legs. I am hoping we can save these precious creatures.
Of course, Spring cleaning this year will be extra, super special after I've had four goats living in the utility room for a few months.

I just got back from the hospital and Mr. P is doing fairly well. He is also getting a bit stronger.
They are going to keep him for another couple days to make sure these new meds are working for getting rid of his water retention.
He still has to sleep sitting up, but it's one of those hospital medical type recliner chairs.
His doc. says he can come home when he can sleep comfortably lying down.

CHF? Careful with the diuretics. I had stage 3 kidney disease before my cardiologist bothered to check my kidney function.

Bulldog I thought last night you were citing history. But is this your current situation?

No big deal. We all have things to deal with, but I recognized Mr P's incident as CHF, and something I experienced. I guess it could be something else. Anyway, fluid buildup can make it hard to breath, and loading up on diuretics is a logical way to help. The only problem is that all those high powered diuretics can blow out your kidneys if you aren't careful. You gotta be tough if you are gonna get old. It's not something a wimp could do.

upload_2020-2-10_23-12-40.png

Today I attended a health assessment on my lungs. The new laws concerning welding came into effect at the start of the year, all employees who do welding must by law be medically tested.
My test results were pretty conclusive, the doctor commented I have the lungs of a much younger man by 20years.

Today I attended a health assessment on my lungs. The new laws concerning welding came into effect at the start of the year, all employees who do welding must by law be medically tested.
My test results were pretty conclusive, the doctor commented I have the lungs of a much younger man by 20years.
Cordell Walker is always strong :D ;)

Cordell Walker is always strong :D ;)
Yep! He’s a tough un. :)

I lost my nephewMark today. He was only 41 years old. Yesterday, he had multiple seizures, today, all his vitals had to be fixed with machines, and he died at sunset. Please pray for this dear family son. It doesn't make sense. Last week when I visited them, he was fine. Now we're looking for a funeral home.
I'm really sorry for your nephew and your whole family. He was too young to die

I lost my nephewMark today. He was only 41 years old. Yesterday, he had multiple seizures, today, all his vitals had to be fixed with machines, and he died at sunset. Please pray for this dear family son. It doesn't make sense. Last week when I visited them, he was fine. Now we're looking for a funeral home.

Sorry to hear this sad news. :(

I'm really sorry for your nephew and your whole family. He was too young to die

Oh, a new coffee shopper! Welcome to the coffee shop! :)

Forum List

Back