USMB Coffee Shop IV

I see the model is 1 79A, but I can't see the name. Insinkerator? Kenmore?

IN-SINK-ERATOR DIV
EMERSON ELECTRIC CO
Is what I see and I also see it says push red button to reset but I don't see a red button anywhere...

From what I read it is on the bottom, might be recessed slightly. small red square button

Thought it looked like an Insinkerator, Badger to be exact.

garbage-disposal-reset-button.jpg

I just can't seem to get to it, will try one more time...

Did find the button, but it won't budge ....I give up, getting a crick in my neck, lol.

Last question and post about this, don't want to bore the members...

What do I do with the red button? Afraid to force it...

Also saveliberty , I wish I could give you a 100 thanks, now I know where to go if I have problems. :)

Last edited:
Morning all!

Foxy - I can't stand crows. A few years ago, a belligerent bunch took over our neighborhood. Now, we hardly ever see the morning doves and songbirds that used to nest every year.

Actually that's mourning doves, with a U. Named for their plaintive wistful sound. :)

Ah, thank you for the correction. I'm not a bird watcher, but I do love those sweet soft grey doves. One year, I saw over a dozen of them in the persimmon tree that hangs over into our yard. So beautiful.
Their call is the purr of the bird world. Pigeons are pretty close.

I agree. But while I dislike the bird bullies--grackles, jays, crows etc. when they are in bully mode--I think pigeons might be my least favorite of all common birds. When flocks settle on rooftops or congregate over walkways, driveways, etc. they make such an offensive mess.

View attachment 120153

Good morning or good afternoon whatever the case may be and a good evening to esthermoon! Just drinking my coffee and reading the posts...

Nice day here, sunny and 80 and the only crimp in my day is the plumber coming at 1:00p.m. My garbage disposal isn't working and the drain is clogged...it's a double sink in the kitchen and at least the other side is fine but can't use my dishwasher because it drains into the clogged sink...I can live without the dishwasher since it's just me but it needs fixing. :(

This house is 17 years old and it's just been one thing after another lately. :(
Look around in your "junk drawer" The disposal came with an Allen wrench about 3/8 inch across the hexagonal flats. That wrench is for unclogging the disposal. On the bottom of the unit, you will see or feel a round opening. Insert the tool in the opening and you will be able to rotate the blades in the disposal and hopefully clear the blockage.

View attachment 120153

Good morning or good afternoon whatever the case may be and a good evening to esthermoon! Just drinking my coffee and reading the posts...

Nice day here, sunny and 80 and the only crimp in my day is the plumber coming at 1:00p.m. My garbage disposal isn't working and the drain is clogged...it's a double sink in the kitchen and at least the other side is fine but can't use my dishwasher because it drains into the clogged sink...I can live without the dishwasher since it's just me but it needs fixing. :(

This house is 17 years old and it's just been one thing after another lately. :(
What is this "garbage disposal" to which you refer? Here, we call it the compost heap. I haven't had a disposal since my last house with a septic system. Seems that disposals are not compatible with a septic tank. The dishwasher around here...that would be me.
When you live off-grid and make your own electrickery, you learn to do without all those fancy, new-fangled gadgets.

Did find the button, but it won't budge ....I give up, getting a crick in my neck, lol.

Also saveliberty , I wish I could give you a 100 thanks, now I know where to go if I have problems. :)

Push it in, you may hear a small click. Point of life is to help others. Sorry we were not more successful. Ernie is good help too, plus he's laid up, so a captive helper at that.

Not boring at all, quite entertaining and informative, although I don't have a disposal...
I'm a cruel b***.

View attachment 120153

What is this "garbage disposal" to which you refer? Here, we call it the compost heap. I haven't had a disposal since my last house with a septic system. Seems that disposals are not compatible with a septic tank. The dishwasher around here...that would be me.
When you live off-grid and make your own electrickery, you learn to do without all those fancy, new-fangled gadgets.

I can't even function on grid, lol.

Push it in, you may hear a small click. Point of life is to help others. Sorry we were not more successful. Ernie is good help too, plus he's laid up, so a captive helper at that.

The plumbers are coming anyway, it's my free inspection so they'll check all my plumbing. :)

I did learn something though and if it happens again, i know where the red button is.

Also, since they're coming out I cleaned out under my sink and found some things I forget I had...one was a stick that gets the rust ring off from my toilet...I've tried everything and nothing worked but this did!

I will be sore tomorrow but today is good...so far.

View attachment 120153

Look around in your "junk drawer" The disposal came with an Allen wrench about 3/8 inch across the hexagonal flats. That wrench is for unclogging the disposal. On the bottom of the unit, you will see or feel a round opening. Insert the tool in the opening and you will be able to rotate the blades in the disposal and hopefully clear the blockage.

Couldn't do it with the tool I have and that may be the problem because it's for my daughter's disposal, she gave it to me to try awhile ago because
I couldn't find mine...

View attachment 120153

Small yards in close proximity to the neighbors in the city don't lend themselves well to compost heaps. In small towns and rural areas where homesites are a lot larger and there is some space between you and your neighbor, most serious gardeners do compost at least some.

View attachment 120153

Small yards in close proximity to the neighbors in the city don't lend themselves well to compost heaps. In small towns and rural areas where homesites are a lot larger and there is some space between you and your neighbor, most serious gardeners do compost at least some.
Composting goes way, way beyond what serious gardeners might do for me. Having livestock means serious composting. I hope to be able to process and sell compost once I get established on the Willow place. Making money out of shiite...now that's something to aspire to...

I just hope to die if the SHTF scenario, too old...I need my meds, where will I get them?

Health issues alone will weed out a lot of people...diabetics for one and I need my synthroid or I'll eventually go into a coma and die.
These are just some examples.

Don't get me wrong. I just appreciate a simple life. I'm really PO'd that my a-hole partner has acquired a microwave oven for the place. He can also not envision living without TV/cable. One of his friends will leave Willow to come back to Anchorage to watch his team play...I'm not sure what they play, but this guy has to see it. So, we have to have to offer games at the cabin so my partner's buddy will stay around. Dumb shit, IMHO. Personally, I appreciate not having all the extraneous crap we have burdened ourselves with. I use cast iron cook ware and re-heat pizza (rare treat) on the wood burner. It's loads better than a microwave, the crust is crispy and still tasty. Re-heated in the mic...soggy and unappetizing. Just me, I guess.

I just hope to die if the SHTF scenario, too old...I need my meds, where will I get them?

Health issues alone will weed out a lot of people...diabetics for one and I need my synthroid or I'll eventually go into a coma and die.
These are just some examples.

As children, we depend on others for most of our needs. For most of the time that we are adults, we provide for most of our needs ourselves plus we help others including the children and those disabled or elderly adults who can no longer do what they once did.

The fact of life is that as 'seasoned citizens' we still care, feel, love, hope, dream, want, appreciate, enjoy as much as we ever did, and especially we THINK!!! I am the same person I was at 30, 40, 50--perhaps a bit more experienced and wiser and yes perhaps more jaded in some things, but I am still me.

But I can't run as fast, walk as far, climb as well, lift as much, don't have the balance I once had, and don't have anywhere near the strength or stamina that I once had. And I think with wisdom come the recognition that we do need more help as we age, and wisdom also allows us the ability to ask for it when we need it.

You're right gallantwarrior ive just become lazy in the last couple of years. It's just me and it's just easier to use a microwave than bother cooking.

I did cook and mostly from scratch for 35 years but when my husband died, that's the only thing I was happy about...no more cooking. :)

I try to cook my own food, when I can. I know it's better for me than grabbing a burger or taco on the run. I even make my own ketchup and mayo. I hate the fact that sugar and/or high fructose corn syrup are major components of store-bought foodstuffs. I started reading labels after diagnosed with high blood pressure and I felt I needed to lose weight. Amazing, the garbage we take for granted when shopping for dinner.

I try to cook my own food, when I can. I know it's better for me than grabbing a burger or taco on the run. I even make my own ketchup and mayo. I hate the fact that sugar and/or high fructose corn syrup are major components of store-bought foodstuffs. I started reading labels after diagnosed with high blood pressure and I felt I needed to lose weight. Amazing, the garbage we take for granted when shopping for dinner.

All very true....I am a healthy eater usually and avoid anything from a can.

I do watch my sodium and that's kept my BP normal and I don't have to take any meds for it.

I eat a lot of veggies and basically chicken or fish...yes, I'll use a pan for that but my veggies I do microwave unless it's salad.

I'm 5'4" and weigh anywhere from 125 to 128 lbs. did gain 30 lbs when I quit smoking 9 years ago but lost it doing low carb...still avoid bad carbs.

Also will be 66 on the 18th of this month.

All very true....I am a healthy eater usually and avoid anything from a can.

I do watch my sodium and that's kept my BP normal and I don't have to take any meds for it.

I eat a lot of veggies and basically chicken or fish...yes, I'll use a pan for that but my veggies I do microwave unless it's salad.

I'm 5'4" and weigh anywhere from 125 to 128 lbs. did gain 30 lbs when I quit smoking 9 years ago but lost it doing low carb...still avoid bad carbs.

Also will be 66 on the 18th of this month.
You're about the same height as I am, but I've gotcha by about 80 lbs, which I am constantly trying to shed.

Forum List

Back