USMB Coffee Shop IV

Getting tired of trying to walk Karma in the new neighborhood and loose mean dogs are unaccompanied by owners and chase us. I take a big stick now. Tomorrow, I plan to make a pointy end. I love dogs. But I will kill one that tried to hurt her...or me. 3 nights in a row now, loose dogs have came at us. Each time, I waved my stick and they backed off..thankfully. But its getting old, this shit.

Meanwhile, I was chatting with a lady two days ago at the thrift shop and she was just crazy about Karma and said she wants another dog because hers died some time back but when she goes to the pound or no kill shelter...its all pit bulls. So I wonder what the fuck is the deal about this town being pit happy? Buncha duck dynasty castoffs needing mean dogs to guard their meth labs or something?

I'm ready to go home. But I won't until a house is available. Meanwhile..no more walks in the neighborhood. We will stick to the back and front yard..and my pointy staff.
I noticed the same problem at our animal control facilities. Loads of pits, but little else. I had to find a private foster outfit to find my little girl.

17264757_267754180347712_635321804690688099_n.jpg

Thinking of ChrisL tonight and hoping she still has power. I think she's the last of our 'regulars' who could still be in the eye of the storm.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, 007, Sixfoot and all others we hope will find their way back.

“It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade.”
Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

JNB_6257.JPG

Thinking of ChrisL tonight and hoping she still has power. I think she's the last of our 'regulars' who could still be in the eye of the storm.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, 007, Sixfoot and all others we hope will find their way back.

“It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade.”
Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

JNB_6257.JPG

Thanks! All is fine here. I didn't lose power. I went to work. The snow changed over to rain which washed most of it away, so this morning we probably have only a couple of inches on the ground. Thanks for the mention! :)

Hiya Foxfyre.

Can you believe I found my way here? This is a huge thread but I'm bound and determined to catch up on the doings of old friends and (hopefully) new ones too.

:bye1:

Well don't worry about reading the whole thread. You couldn't anyway since the three Coffee Shops before this one were all deleted because of software problems. Coffee Shop IV will see the seventh anniversary of the Coffee Shop thread(s) in May.

Some of the faithful do take the time to catch up from the last time they were here, but most of us probably read the last couple of pages and that's it. Anyhow, it is just like any other meeting place. Those that drop in now and then just pick up from where they come in.

I'm guilty of only reading the last couple of pages. Lol. Sometimes I miss things though.

Oh my GOD no! I'm sorry, but I consider video games a complete waste of time and intellect. If you find some value in manuvering around a digital landscape killing zombies, have at it, but I don't do video games and haven't since the mid 70's when I played freecell as a sobriety test.

Video games are far superior now to the 70s games. They are like virtual reality, and its like being in an action movie where you are the main character. Not to mention that the art work is often high quality and moving around in a virtual world is quite fascinating in itself. I like sniping enemies through telescopic sights and watching the blood spray out. Although I must admit I have not played any games for a year or two. Because my computer is now obsolete and will not play new games. I wanted to play doom 4 but it will not run on my computer and its only two years old. I cannot play the latest games because even upgrading my system would not be enough speed. I would have to get an entire new computer, and I can't be bothered to do that.

Hiya Foxfyre.

Can you believe I found my way here? This is a huge thread but I'm bound and determined to catch up on the doings of old friends and (hopefully) new ones too.

Well don't worry about reading the whole thread. You couldn't anyway since the three Coffee Shops before this one were all deleted because of software problems. Coffee Shop IV will see the seventh anniversary of the Coffee Shop thread(s) in May.

Some of the faithful do take the time to catch up from the last time they were here, but most of us probably read the last couple of pages and that's it. Anyhow, it is just like any other meeting place. Those that drop in now and then just pick up from where they come in.

I'm guilty of only reading the last couple of pages. Lol. Sometimes I miss things though.
You're less lazy than I am......... :thup:

Hiya Foxfyre.

I don't think it is a matter of lazy and I sure don't think of you as the lazy type. :) Busy people don't always have the time to read a lot of catch up pages. So I'm happy when folks pop in to say hi and share a bit of now. That's kind of how it is in real life for most of us even.

Hiya Foxfyre.

I don't think it is a matter of lazy and I sure don't think of you as the lazy type. :) Busy people don't always have the time to read a lot of catch up pages. So I'm happy when folks pop in to say hi and share a bit of now. That's kind of how it is in real life for most of us even.
My current battle is Spring has sprung with allergen levels extremely high hence I'm generally miserable, so lazy is interprable........ The mulberry tree which shed it's leaves about a month ago already has fresh growth.

Hiya Foxfyre.

My current battle is Spring has sprung with allergen levels extremely high hence I'm generally miserable, so lazy is interprable........ The mulberry tree which shed it's leaves about a month ago already has fresh growth.

I'm dealing with spring allergies too--probably the huge juniper in front of our house. I don't think I deal with the more oppressive side effects that you do though.

Forum List

Back