USMB Coffee Shop IV

How the heck do you use a thumbnail???

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

It's like using thumbs to text except my thumbs have pretty sturdy nails on them with a slight point so I can zero in on the tiny qwerty letters. I don't use my phone for anything other than making and receiving calls and an occasional text so it isn't a big deal. On my Kindle Fire, I just poke the bigger letters with my forefinger.
Well duh on me! I was picturing thumb TRACKS! Lol!!!

I use my ring finger tip... Slightly to the side of it. It makes the least mistakes, I have discovered.

Well, it's official...current temps are in the "witch's tit in a brass bra cup" cold. Nothing all day and last night that didn't feature a minus sign in front of the number. Expected to go down to as low as -20 here tonight. I wish I didn't have to go to work and I hope no airplanes require oil service or maintenance. It's so cold, the tears freeze before they roll down your cheeks, and your eyes will tear because the cold just rips them from you. Your nose hairs freeze when you inhale and if you try to breath through you mouth, your teeth hurt! At least it won't snow, and with some luck, airborne moisture will remain low and we won't get ice fog.
Maybe you should move in with me and mrg, GW! You, partner, goats and all! If I ever get my own place...Y'all would be very welcome. At least you would be warmer. Alaska is beautiful, but the cold? Shudder.[emoji33]

I leave mine on always....but sometimes put it on Do Not Disturb (with exceptions - meaning I can choose who can get thru to me). I also use as my alarm clock.
I reboot every few days. Mine is charging right now and is on.

I leave mine on always....but sometimes put it on Do Not Disturb (with exceptions - meaning I can choose who can get thru to me). I also use as my alarm clock.
Yeah, mine too........ but I usually reboot once a day........ :eusa_whistle:

brain9.jpeg

brain9.jpeg

I do too, if I remember. Thing is.....remembering..

Can't complain. Well I can actually. Hombre and I used a generous gift certificate from our friend who was thanking us for boarding her beloved mini doxie for so long and we decided to use it to replace our two office chairs that are literally falling apart.

So we ordered the chairs--we read the reviews and they got 5 stars EXCEPT that everybody said how difficult they were to put together. But we blew that off--we had put a lot of stuff like that together and how hard could it be?

So now I have a partially assembled one-day-to-be-beautiful chair taking up a lot of our entryway--the other one is still in the box--and one extremely frustrated husband and they will stay that way until Thursday when our much younger neighbor across the street can get here with all his fancy metric tools and help finish the job.

But I guess if that is our worst problem right now, we're doing okay.

That is frustrating though. I hate putting things like that together. I'd rather buy it already assembled and have it delivered. It's worth the extra cost, if you ask me.
It is a challenge to read Chinese instructions, but not impossible..

Impossible for me. I get tickled sometimes when we get instructions with stuff that are written in English, French, Spanish, Chinese etc. Just goes to show how international the world has become.
Most of the stuff I have gotten is just a picture for directions with no words..But being the genius, I usually discard the idiot sheet and use my superior skills to get those extra parts I find myself with when done...

Back in Kansas I directed our church choir. And I frequently had to remind the choir members that if they had notes left over at the end of the song, don't sing them.
I grew up in OKC, my Grandmother was the church music and choir director, and of course I had to be in the choir, she was always on my case about chewing gum when we were performing..

Last edited:
That is frustrating though. I hate putting things like that together. I'd rather buy it already assembled and have it delivered. It's worth the extra cost, if you ask me.

Impossible for me. I get tickled sometimes when we get instructions with stuff that are written in English, French, Spanish, Chinese etc. Just goes to show how international the world has become.
Most of the stuff I have gotten is just a picture for directions with no words..But being the genius, I usually discard the idiot sheet and use my superior skills to get those extra parts I find myself with when done...

Back in Kansas I directed our church choir. And I frequently had to remind the choir members that if they had notes left over at the end of the song, don't sing them.
I grew up in OKC, my Grandmother was the church music and choir director, and of course I had to be in the choir, shew was always on my case about chewing gum when we were performing..

Hey my mom and her brother were born in OKC. :)
Small world eh?

Last edited:

I grew up in OKC, my Grandmother was the church music and choir director, and of course I had to be in the choir, shew was always on my case about chewing gum when we were performing..

Hey my mom and her brother were born in OKC. :)
I lived on the south side, when busing started we moved to Moore...

Geez, I found out hubbie had 3 massive heart attacks on Jan. 8th.
One on the front porch of the house, one in the ambulance taking him to the chopper and one in the chopper before they took off.
It's a miracle he is still alive and especially with only 15% of his heart still working.
I think the paramedics thought I could only handle being told about the two.
They were right :)
The people working at the hospital said he should not be alive right now.
Thanks to everyones prayers plus hubbies postive attitude is why he is still here. :)

The Docs were amazied at how he had no warning signs before he had them.
All of his vitial signs were normal, even his blood sugar was reading normal.
All of his tests at the VA plus his regular MD here in town showed that everything was normal.

My Man has so far survived incredible odds. :biggrin:

Last edited:
One on the front porch of the house, one in the ambulance taking him to the chopper and one in the chopper before they took off.
It's a miracle he is still alive and especially with only 15% of his heart still working.
Thanks to everyones prayers plus hubbies postive attitude is why he is still here. :)

The Docs were amazied at how he had no warring signs before he had them.
All of his tests at the VA plus his regular MD here in town showed that everything was normal.

I am glad for you that he is still with you..

Thank you so am I. :)
It's going to be interesting to hear what his reg. Doc in town has to say to him at his appt. tomorrow. LOL!

It's going to be interesting to hear what his reg. Doc in town has to say to him at his appt. tomorrow. LOL!
My great uncle had 7 strokes before passing...

Wow!

Wow!
He was very weak the last 10 years..

Wow!
He was very weak the last 10 years..

Yeah that's what I'm talking about .
Your great Uncle had warning signs.
Hubbie on the other hand had zero.

brain9.jpeg

For christmas hubbie got me this metal magnetic sign that says;

GONE CRAZY
BACK SOON !!

I put it on the front door till Mr. P got back home. :lmao:

My brain did not reboot everyday. :)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back