USDA predicts food prices will continue to soar

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
(CNN) - If you think you’re paying too much at the grocery store now, just wait.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture said consumers can expect the price of food to continue skyrocketing.
Prices are already up 9% on average for the year, and the USDA said they’ll go up 4.5%-5% more.
Restaurant prices are forecast to rise even faster, up to 6.5%.
Particularly impacted will be beef and veal, which are expected to increase up to 7%.
Avian flu is also causing chicken prices to go up to about the same amount.
Fresh vegetables are expected to see the smallest change to their current prices.

Damn, CNN is even reporting on how we are being ass-raped by the dems.

(CNN) - If you think you’re paying too much at the grocery store now, just wait.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture said consumers can expect the price of food to continue skyrocketing.
Prices are already up 9% on average for the year, and the USDA said they’ll go up 4.5%-5% more.
Particularly impacted will be beef and veal, which are expected to increase up to 7%.
Fresh vegetables are expected to see the smallest change to their current prices.

I hope a gallon of milk goes for 8 bucks

A small price to pay to get rid of these train wrecks

Just think of it as a Freedom Fee

But I love seeing these Biden rejects have to pay for their vote..LOLOLOL

Freezer full of local beef at about $5.50 per pound, as well as a ton of chicken purchased cheap from the local Hutterite colony last fall. Dining out will not affect my wallet because I don't do it. My garden will provide all the veggies I need, and I know how to can and dehydrate. Fruit trees will provide too, as long as I can keep the neighbors from stealing the fruit.

Used to be that everyone in America could feed themselves this way.

1649418344781.png

Time to do away with those stupid ethanol scams and use the corn for what it is intended for, feeding people and animals. Also time to stop exporting food to enemy criminal regimes like Red China and take care of our own. Inflation is entirely unnecessary here.

Well, no problem for the' conservatives' here, since they all claim to have very high skillz and get paid a lot; don't know why they're whining about 'inflation' anyway when all they have to do is get more education and work more hours n stuff like they tell 'everybody else' to do.

I don't think the public realizes that these increased cost at the production level are eaten by the farmer.
He can't pass on his increased cost of production.
He is at the whims of the market.

The farmers are gonna get reamed this year. They'll probably have to pass it on to the consumers.

"The study found that the average feed grain operation would pay $128,000 more on fertilizer in 2022.."

Study: Rising fertilizer prices will hit farmers hard in 2022.

Over 5 billion bushels of corn go for worthless ethanol production, and then ....

We can easily offset a lot of the inflation. But, don't expect Biden and his fellow Dems to forego all the bribes they will get from both the Red Chinese and Big Ag.

Last edited:
I don't think the public realizes that these increased cost at the production level are eaten by the farmer.

Their 'markets' are controlled by two or three companies, who can then charge whatever they want to consumers. Big Ag loves bad times.

Freezer full of local beef at about $5.50 per pound, as well as a ton of chicken purchased cheap from the local Hutterite colony last fall. Dining out will not affect my wallet because I don't do it. My garden will provide all the veggies I need, and I know how to can and dehydrate. Fruit trees will provide too, as long as I can keep the neighbors from stealing the fruit.

Used to be that everyone in America could feed themselves this way.

View attachment 627692
"Used to be" don't amount to nothing these days when most people (by choice) don't keep a weeks worth of food/water on hand.

Even out here in the hinterlands very few people have a garden big enough to sustain them in lean times.

My Great Grandfather kept a team of horses in town and would go around town plowing gardens this time of year. He would hire a guy to help because there was so many he had to do.

Now that garden space (most homes were on a 1/2 acre or better) have houses on them now when the old homes were sold and the lot split. Hell even the old barn/stall is gone and a house sitting on the lot he had.

If that's the case, the farmer goes out of business and doesn't produce anything. That's a far worse scenario, especially for corn and soybean farmers. Beef, hog, and chicken farmers rely on corn and soybeans, as well as the ethanol industry and a lot of other industries.

Global food price inflation hits record high in March
Global food price inflation surged in March, with oils, cereals and
sugar seeing the steepest climbs, according to new data.​

Amidst the global inflation, Americans are relatively confident:

Washington, DC, April 7, 2022Economic sentiment continues its rebound. Ipsos-Forbes Advisor U.S. Consumer Confidence Tracker is up 1.9 points from two weeks ago to now read at 55.4. This rebound is most marked in the Investment and Current sub-indices, amid a recent market rally. The uptick in consumer confidence corresponds with improvement in President Biden’s approval rating.

"Used to be" don't amount to nothing these days when most people (by choice) don't keep a weeks worth of food/water on hand.

Even out here in the hinterlands very few people have a garden big enough to sustain them in lean times.

My Great Grandfather kept a team of horses in town and would go around town plowing gardens this time of year. He would hire a guy to help because there was so many he had to do.

Now that garden space (most homes were on a 1/2 acre or better) have houses on them now when the old homes were sold and the lot split. Hell even the old barn/stall is gone and a house sitting on the lot he had.

And zoning laws prevent a lot of suburban dwellers from being self-sufficient, and just try keeping a milk cow on the balcony of your apartment, I dare you. lol most people no longer have those skills.

And zoning laws prevent a lot of suburban dwellers from being self-sufficient, and just try keeping a milk cow on the balcony of your apartment, I dare you. lol most people no longer have those skills.
Why would I seeing how I own good bottomland along the Shenandoah River and have skills? Even in town I can have chickens.

Washington, DC, April 7, 2022Economic sentiment continues its rebound. Ipsos-Forbes Advisor U.S. Consumer Confidence Tracker is up 1.9 points from two weeks ago to now read at 55.4. This rebound is most marked in the Investment and Current sub-indices, amid a recent market rally. The uptick in consumer confidence corresponds with improvement in President Biden’s approval rating.
:laughing0301:

Ipsos doesn't even conduct a poll of Biden's rating on the economy. RCP is showing his overall rating on the economy as being 36.4% approval and 59.0% disapproval.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_biden_job_approval_economy-7321.html#polls

Nice try though, thank you for playing.

He can let his crop die and collect the insurance payment LOL.

Forum List

Back