USDA predicts food prices will continue to soar

Over 5 billion bushels of corn go for worthless ethanol production, and then ....

We can easily offset a lot of the inflation. But, don't expect Biden and his fellow Dems to forego all the bribes they will get from both the Red Chinese and Big Ag.
theres' an ethanol plant practically next door to me
I think the government requires that 20 pct of all corn grown in the USA goes to ethanol
We can't grow that right kind of corn for E85 here in Idaho, so it's shipped in by rail all the way from Iowa

I get pissed when ai can't get to a tee time cuz some corn cars are blocking my route.

Ipsos doesn't even conduct a poll of Biden's rating on the economy. RCP is showing his overall rating on the economy as being 36.4% approval and 59.0% disapproval.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_biden_job_approval_economy-7321.html#polls

Nice try though, thank you for playing.
If you have any credible empirical data concerning global inflation and/or U.S. consumer confidence that contradicts what has been posted, please identify it. if you can't, so be it.

Time to do away with those stupid ethanol scams and use the corn for what it is intended for, feeding people and animals. Also time to stop exporting food to enemy criminal regimes like Red China and take care of our own. Inflation is entirely unnecessary here.

So you want the Fed Govt to tell our farmers who they are allowed to sell their product to?

How very authoritarian of you.

There are a great many reasons for the rising cost that have nothing to do with the Fed Govt.

This for example...

AMES, Iowa — An outbreak of Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza in chicken and turkey flocks has spread across 24 U.S. states since it was first detected in Indiana on Feb. 8, 2022. Better known as bird flu, avian influenza is a family of highly contagious viruses that are not harmful to wild birds that transmit it, but are deadly to domesticated birds. As of early April, the outbreak had caused the culling of some 23 million birds from Maine to Wyoming. Yuko Sato, an associate professor of veterinary medicine who works with poultry producers, explains why so many birds are getting sick and whether the outbreak threatens human health.

And this...

URBANA, Ill. — The USDA’s March Hogs and Pigs report places the March 1 inventory of all hogs and pigs at 72.209 million head, down about 3% from last quarter and 2.3% from the prior March, compared to pre-report estimates of 1.2% lower. The market hog inventory is about 2.4% smaller than a year ago, compared to expectations of 1.3% lower, according to Jason Franken, agricultural economist at Western Illinois University and contributor to the University of Illinois farmdoc team.

“While all hogs and pigs and market hogs fall within anticipated ranges of around 0.5% to nearly 3% lower for both, the breeding herd, the December to February pig crop, and farrowing intentions from March to May and June to August are all somewhat lower than expected. For instance, the breeding herd is 1.9% smaller, compared to expectations it could be up 0.1% with a range of 0.6% lower to 0.5% higher,” Franken says.

Freezer full of local beef at about $5.50 per pound, as well as a ton of chicken purchased cheap from the local Hutterite colony last fall. Dining out will not affect my wallet because I don't do it. My garden will provide all the veggies I need, and I know how to can and dehydrate. Fruit trees will provide too, as long as I can keep the neighbors from stealing the fruit.

Used to be that everyone in America could feed themselves this way.

View attachment 627692
Yep. My grandparents had a huge garden a lots of fruit trees. They stopped raising chickens and rabbits though because the kids viewed them as pets and refused to eat them.

Well, no problem for the' conservatives' here, since they all claim to have very high skillz and get paid a lot; don't know why they're whining about 'inflation' anyway when all they have to do is get more education and work more hours n stuff like they tell 'everybody else' to do.
As opposed to all the lefties here who claim to be independently wealthy you mean?

Last edited:
A lot of rightys on here make the same claim....weird how you miss that.
How did I miss it when I responded to someone who was being snarky about it?

I think you search for these posts so you can jump in and prove how middle of the road you are.

Stop trying so hard. No one believes you.

How did I miss it when I responded to someone who was being snarky about it?

I think you search for these posts so you can jump in and prove how middle of the road you are.

Stop trying so hard. No one believes you.

you give yourself far too much credit. I have multiple post in this thread that are actually about the topic....can you say the same?

you give yourself far too much credit. I have multiple post in this thread that are actually about the topic....can you say the same?
Well since you reply to every post in every thread all day long I’m not surprised . Shouldn’t you be off building your new house?

Well since you reply to every post in every thread all day long I’m not surprised . Shouldn’t you be off building your new house?

I have a company for that, I am not a builder. I would be lucky to build a bird house! :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :banana:

Oh riiiiigt. Another independently wealthy leftard. Sure.

So you think only independently wealthy people have houses built?

Really? Wow, you have a weird idea of what wealthy is.

It was actually cheaper to have one built than to try and outbid someone on an existing home. We got in when only the foundation had been poured and they had not put it on the market yet.

So you think only independently wealthy people have houses built?

Really? Wow, you have a weird idea of what wealthy is.

It was actually cheaper to have one built than to try and outbid someone on an existing home. We got in when only the foundation had been poured and they had not put it on the market yet.
When do you ever work if you are here all day long every day posting?

Forum List

Back