US households see biggest decline in net worth since the financial crisis

US households see biggest decline in net worth since the financial crisis

In one year Americans lost 3.75 TRILLION in net worth.

MAKE AMERICA BROKE AGAIN!!
No matter how good obama did it was never good enough. When unemployment went down republicans said the number wasn’t real. Now it’s real?

Fact is trump hasn’t helped the middle class he helped the rich, and that’s bullshit.

He also put a bunch of rwnjs on the Supreme Court and lower courts.

We need a democratic president

Not a big deal - a quarterly number, driven by the sharp stock market slide during the quarter. Most of it has come back with the market rise during January and February.

1-US_Household_Wealth_-_Real_and_Nominal.png

Last edited:
Not a big deal - a quarterly number, driven by the sharp stock market slide during the quarter. Most of it has come back with the market rise during January and February.
Yea yea yea we had excuses too when obama was in charge. We pointed to positive signs and you pointed to negative things.

Can you tell me what the REAL unemployment number is? Because it’s a question you constantly asked when obama was at 4% unemployment

CNBC Lies...flat out lies...this thread and link is garbage...pure garbage and not true...how can you have near full employment and a net worth decline?...its not possible unless you do not believe the jobs report....

Yea yea yea we had excuses too when obama was in charge. We pointed to positive signs and you pointed to negative things.

Can you tell me what the REAL unemployment number is? Because it’s a question you constantly asked when obama was at 4% unemployment
Its like the real COLA would be if the "basket of goods" the government uses was not manipulated to keep it low. Social Security checks would be over 30% higher if the same info was used from a few decades ago. Unemployment is based on people actually looking for work and not those collecting checks or not looking for work.

Nothing to say on unemployment. The thread is net worth. Look at the graph. Net work is steadily increasing, with what seems to be a one quarter setback because of the equities markets. You have something that says otherwise? And why are you saying my comment is negative - it clearly isn't.

CNBC Lies...flat out lies...this thread and link is garbage...pure garbage and not true...how can you have near full employment and a net worth decline?...its not possible unless you do not believe the jobs report....

You really need to figure out the definitions of income and assets.
You need to see when you are being lied to...CNBC? are you serious?....

You really need to figure out the definitions of income and assets.
You need to see when you are being lied to...CNBC? are you serious?....

What the hell does the source have to do with it? It is a number generated by the Federal Reserve. And it is totally, 100% logical if you look at a graph of the S&P 500 for the past six months.

Maybe you'll like these sources better

Household net worth slumps $3.7 trillion after rocky Wall Street close to 2018

U.S. Households Took Their Biggest Financial Hit Last Quarter Since the 2008 Crisis

Fed Data

The Fed - Chart: Changes in Net Worth: Households and Nonprofit Organizations, 1952 - 2018

Last edited:
What the hell does the source have to do with it?
They are dishonest...once you bite the bullshit apple I write you off for good...nothing that CNBC and CNN and others report gets a scant glance form me...Everyone I know...and I know a lot of folks....they are all doing better financially....use your ears and eyes and stop being a tool for the fake news media.....how many families do you know that are worse off now than they were under Obama?...be honest....

They are dishonest...once you bite the bullshit apple I write you off for good...nothing that CNBC and CNN and others report gets a scant glance form me...Everyone I know...and I know a lot of folks....they are all doing better financially....use your ears and eyes and stop being a tool for the fake news media.....how many families do you know that are worse off now than they were under Obama?...be honest....

I'm having a hard time not tossing out an insult. I'm trying to stay with the facts - a QUARTERLY decline in US net worth, as reported by the Federal Reserve. This has nothing to do with the media, Obama, or anything else. It has everything to do with what happened in the US stock markets in Q4 2018. Engage your brain.

Nothing to say on unemployment. The thread is net worth. Look at the graph. Net work is steadily increasing, with what seems to be a one quarter setback because of the equities markets. You have something that says otherwise? And why are you saying my comment is negative - it clearly isn't.
Has the gap between rich and poor widened? Your fault.

I'm having a hard time not tossing out an insult. I'm trying to stay with the facts - a QUARTERLY decline in US net worth, as reported by the Federal Reserve. This has nothing to do with the media, Obama, or anything else. It has everything to do with what happened in the US stock markets in Q4 2018. Engage your brain.
People used to keep their money in banks and they got 10-15% on their savings. And they were liquid.

Today they’ve roped us to putting all our money into the stock market which is a fraud or scam. Have you ever seen wolf of wallstreet? There’s a line in the movie that scared me. He said us suckers put in but never take out unless it’s to sell low.

Our retirements are in a Pontiac scheme I fear.

Has the gap between rich and poor widened? Your fault.

Google search seems to indicate yes. Why would it be my fault?

Forum List

Back