What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US general admits drone strike near Afghan airport that killed 10 was a 'mistake'

excalibur

Diamond Member
Reaction score
And the MSM will yawn as this gets dropped on Friday afternoon.

Just change the name from Biden to Trump (or any Republican for that matter), and heads would be exploding all over the MSM for days, with much wailing and gnashing of teeth with accustaions against Trump.

U.S. Central Command Gen. Frank McKenzie admitted at a briefing Friday that the Aug. 29 drone strike near Kabul airport was "a mistake."

Ten people were killed in the strike, which the U.S. believed was targeting a terrorist, but instead killed an aid worker.

“I am now convinced that as many as 10 civilians, including up to seven children were tragically killed in that strike," said McKenzie. “Moreover, we now assess that it is unlikely that the vehicle and those who died or associated with ISIS Khorasan or were a direct threat to US forces."

“I offer my profound condolences to the family and friends of those who were killed,” said McKenzie.

harmonica

Diamond Member
Reaction score
We did this for years.......why is it that people only care now?

It's one reason I argued for years we need to get out.
so, we should've gotten out of WW2 also????!!! most who died in WW2 were CIVILLANS

harmonica

Diamond Member
Reaction score

AND the other thing--Bidumb/etc LIED that it were terrorists that died--THAT'S the difference

Meathead

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Just change the name from Biden to Trump (or any Republican for that matter), and heads would be exploding all over the MSM for days, with much wailing and gnashing of teeth with accustaions against Trump.

U.S. Central Command Gen. Frank McKenzie admitted at a briefing Friday that the Aug. 29 drone strike near Kabul airport was "a mistake."
Ten people were killed in the strike, which the U.S. believed was targeting a terrorist, but instead killed an aid worker.
“I am now convinced that as many as 10 civilians, including up to seven children were tragically killed in that strike," said McKenzie. “Moreover, we now assess that it is unlikely that the vehicle and those who died or associated with ISIS Khorasan or were a direct threat to US forces."
“I offer my profound condolences to the family and friends of those who were killed,” said McKenzie.

The question is when or if Biden bottoms out.

gipper

Libertarian/Anarchist
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems to me that someone needs to be held accountable for these murders. I suspect no one will.

• Thanks
Reactions: EMH

EMH

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Who is more incompetent, the joint chiefs or their commander...

The US military needs new leadership.

OP
excalibur

excalibur

Diamond Member
Reaction score

The bigger question is when or if what is happening in America bottoms out.

Yarddog

Platinum Member
Reaction score

Because it was a strike intended to save face for Biden. We could have taken time to verify a strike, but Biden needed one to happen right away. To me that makes no sense. If we needed retribution it could have been a week later, a month later.

We had been getting better at this. Using Afghan assets on the ground to identify or verify targets.

OP
excalibur

excalibur

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Seems to me that someone needs to be held accountable for these murders. I suspect no one will.

The deep state protects its own. Maybe you get a one-year suspension of your license to practice law, as Clnesmith got, that's about it.

Anything and everything they did to derail and destroy the best POTUS in generations was acceptable. Milley is just the latest example, and he's still the Chairman of the JCS.

marvin martian

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Ten more notches on Bloody Joe's kill list.

OP
excalibur

excalibur

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Who is more incompetent, the joint chiefs or their commander...

The US military needs new leadership.

Oh, new leadership is on its way. Milley is the hard-headed one now with who Biden will be promoting.

IOW, it is only going to get worse. Many who would be near the top now were dismissed by Øbama, and no one seemed to care outside of a few.

OP
excalibur

excalibur

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Ten more notches on Bloody Joe's kill list.

Remember the first one? The guy they claimed was the "mastermind" of the terror bombing of the 13 servicemen? They never have given out his name because he was just some random guy.

OP
excalibur

excalibur

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Biden rambled on about our over-the-horizon ability to deal with people. Duh!

Rogue AI

Diamond Member
Reaction score
It would be more reassuring if the administration had announced that they are going to something so this mistake is not repeated. The whole apology rings hollow if this is just going to happen again and again with Biden's 'over the horizon' policy.

marvin martian

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Remember the first one? The guy they claimed was the "mastermind" of the terror bombing of the 13 servicemen? They never have given out his name because he was just some random guy.

He was a US aid worker loading water bottles into a car. The regime said they were explosives.

B. Kidd

Diamond Member
Reaction score

This is what happens when the best and brightest in our military act on intelligence from the Taliban!
Give that drunk McKenzie another star, please.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$142.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List