Updated July 5th-Joe Biden is still worse than Trump for people looking to retire

Ordinary Guy

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2021
How does Biden compare to Trump in the stock market? We share the facts on cumulative and annualized performance between Biden and Trump in the stock market. Cumulatively across the S&P 500, Biden is at 0.85% compared to Trump at 20.89% a difference of -20.04%. On the NASDAQ, Biden is at -14.21% compared to Trump at 36.94% a difference of -51.14%. Finally, on the DOW Jones, Biden is at 0.12% compared to Trump at 23.44% a difference of -23.31%.

Joe Biden - the gift that keeps taking. This photo sums up Joe Biden:

facebook_1657136277983_6950533319292388613.jpg

How does Biden compare to Trump in the stock market? We share the facts on cumulative and annualized performance between Biden and Trump in the stock market. Cumulatively across the S&P 500, Biden is at 0.85% compared to Trump at 20.89% a difference of -20.04%. On the NASDAQ, Biden is at -14.21% compared to Trump at 36.94% a difference of -51.14%. Finally, on the DOW Jones, Biden is at 0.12% compared to Trump at 23.44% a difference of -23.31%.

View attachment 667033
If you are someone in retirement you are not worried about how much the market goes up, you are more worried about when it goes up and when it goes down. Your comparison is lame, at best. Comparing a point to point over four years with a point to point over 18 months is really kind of stupid. Pretty sure Trump was down 18 months into his term as well. For sure he was down in December of 2018, setting a new low off of the previous one in July of 2017. He sat another new low in March of 2020. For a retired person needing to take income Trump was hardly helpful. And honestly, giving me a point to point four year return of a bit over 20% and I am firing you as a money manager. Most of my clients averaged over six and with no risk to principal. All about avoiding the declines.

When did they activate quantitative reduction under Trump, never they threw money at industry like there was no tomorrow.

If you are someone in retirement you are not worried about how much the market goes up, you are more worried about when it goes up and when it goes down. Your comparison is lame, at best. Comparing a point to point over four years with a point to point over 18 months is really kind of stupid. Pretty sure Trump was down 18 months into his term as well. For sure he was down in December of 2018, setting a new low off of the previous one in July of 2017. He sat another new low in March of 2020. For a retired person needing to take income Trump was hardly helpful. And honestly, giving me a point to point four year return of a bit over 20% and I am firing you as a money manager. Most of my clients averaged over six and with no risk to principal. All about avoiding the declines.
ROR for Trump with Pandemic, 52.3%, so far with Biden minus 22%, this stupid motherfucker has cost me close to 400k and he is not done yet

What the fawk you mean "whatever"? I thought you guys were all about personal responsibility. The stupid shit voted for Trump, evidently he believed Biden was going to destroy the economy. What the hell was he thinking leaving money in the market?

You ever hear that saying, when the going gets tough the tough get going? I can tell you, myself and my kids have dumped more than $400,000 into the market over the last couple of months. And to be honest, the majority of that is my kids. Hell, I have one son that lives with me and hasn't left the house in two years, agoraphobic, to the extreme, yet he makes six figures from home. We eat good, but other than that, everything he has made he has dumped into the market. A second son, makes well over a quarter million dollars a year, and lives like he makes ten grand. He has dumped everything into the market as well. I mean the market is a buyer's paradise right now. I have tens of millions of dollars under management and I am starting to transition back into the market with the warning that we are entering a bear market, but it won't last forever. If you are investing for the long term, then it is time to buy. But if you are in retirement, you best attempt to mitigate your potential losses. When do you expect to take income? If it is in the short term, then transition to income producing assets, utilities, municipal bonds, inflation adjusted assets, and hold until things turn around. But if you are in your 20's, like my sons, then buy like there is no tomorrow.

The Fed is probably going to over play their hand. Recent discount rate increases have already slowed the rate of inflation. If they come back with another 75 basis point increase next month they will send us into a recession. But that is a good thing if you are in this for the long haul. A bad thing if you need income within the next couple of years.

What the fawk you mean "whatever"? I thought you guys were all about personal responsibility. The stupid shit voted for Trump, evidently he believed Biden was going to destroy the economy. What the hell was he thinking leaving money in the market?

You ever hear that saying, when the going gets tough the tough get going? I can tell you, myself and my kids have dumped more than $400,000 into the market over the last couple of months. And to be honest, the majority of that is my kids. Hell, I have one son that lives with me and hasn't left the house in two years, agoraphobic, to the extreme, yet he makes six figures from home. We eat good, but other than that, everything he has made he has dumped into the market. A second son, makes well over a quarter million dollars a year, and lives like he makes ten grand. He has dumped everything into the market as well. I mean the market is a buyer's paradise right now. I have tens of millions of dollars under management and I am starting to transition back into the market with the warning that we are entering a bear market, but it won't last forever. If you are investing for the long term, then it is time to buy. But if you are in retirement, you best attempt to mitigate your potential losses. When do you expect to take income? If it is in the short term, then transition to income producing assets, utilities, municipal bonds, inflation adjusted assets, and hold until things turn around. But if you are in your 20's, like my sons, then buy like there is no tomorrow.

The Fed is probably going to over play their hand. Recent discount rate increases have already slowed the rate of inflation. If they come back with another 75 basis point increase next month they will send us into a recession. But that is a good thing if you are in this for the long haul. A bad thing if you need income within the next couple of years.
Take your blood pressure pill

I'm retiring in 6 months, I'm not going to let a bear market stop that, if you lost your shirt and are close to retirement, you are one dumb SOB.

View attachment 667033

Reich Wing Website, Reich Wing Lies. For and by the Reich Wing.

could have cashed it out any day, it was mine, another dumbass statement, the left clearly doesn't understand economics
Could've, would've, didn't. It was never your money to lose, otherwise you'd still have it. It belonged to those that lost it. This doesn't have anything to do with economics. It has to do with ownership.

Could've, would've, didn't. It was never your money to lose, otherwise you'd still have it. It belonged to those that lost it. This doesn't have anything to do with economics. It has to do with ownership.
Do you feel the same way about money market accounts?

could have cashed it out any day, it was mine, another dumbass statement, the left clearly doesn't understand economics
So there you go then, "could have cashed it out any day", but you didn't. So who's fault was it that you lost 400 grand? What exactly did Biden do that prevented you from "cashing out"?

I can tell you what it was, "greed". There is an old saying, mostly among professional salespeople. Pigs get fed, hogs get slaughtered.

So there you go then, "could have cashed it out any day", but you didn't. So who's fault was it that you lost 400 grand? What exactly did Biden do that prevented you from "cashing out"?

I can tell you what it was, "greed". There is an old saying, mostly among professional salespeople. Pigs get fed, hogs get slaughtered.
You aren't very good at pretending

Forum List

Back