Biden to End 'Shareholder Capitalism'

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Shareholder capitalism is the best form, of capitalism, IMO, as it makes the CEOs answer to the public in the form of share holders.

Under Biden your 401k is not legit.

The presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, Joe Biden, jolted markets on Thursday when he called for an end to what he dubbed an “era of shareholder capitalism”.
Speaking at an event in Pennsylvania, the former vice-president said: “Throughout this crisis, Donald Trump has been almost singularly focused on the stock market, the Dow and Nasdaq. Not you. Not your families. If I am fortunate enough to be elected President, I’ll be laser-focused on working families, the middle-class families I came from here in Scranton. Not the wealthy investor class. They don’t need me.”
Biden also called for a $400bn (£316bn, €354bn), four-year increase in government purchasing of US-based goods and services, along with $300bn in new research and development into US technology concerns. Seemingly attempting to out “America First” his opponent, the 77 year-old proposed a tightening of existing “Buy American” laws.
The Delaware politician described shareholder capitalism as an “absolute farce”, which holds “the idea that the only responsibility a corporation has is to its shareholders”.

Shareholder capitalism is the best form, of capitalism, IMO, as it makes the CEOs answer to the public in the form of share holders.

The presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, Joe Biden, jolted markets on Thursday when he called for an end to what he dubbed an “era of shareholder capitalism”.
Speaking at an event in Pennsylvania, the former vice-president said: “Throughout this crisis, Donald Trump has been almost singularly focused on the stock market, the Dow and Nasdaq. Not you. Not your families. If I am fortunate enough to be elected President, I’ll be laser-focused on working families, the middle-class families I came from here in Scranton. Not the wealthy investor class. They don’t need me.”
Biden also called for a $400bn (£316bn, €354bn), four-year increase in government purchasing of US-based goods and services, along with $300bn in new research and development into US technology concerns. Seemingly attempting to out “America First” his opponent, the 77 year-old proposed a tightening of existing “Buy American” laws.
The Delaware politician described shareholder capitalism as an “absolute farce”, which holds “the idea that the only responsibility a corporation has is to its shareholders”.

Without returns on investments, why would anyone invest in the US?

Is Biden selling all his shares?
He and Soros are shorting all the indexes, lol.

1594441528734.png

Is Biden selling all his shares?
Nah, he has billions from extortions of Ukraine, China, and a lot of 3rd world countries. I just can't put my mind around a Democrat stealing money from poor countries through extortion and demanding foreign government employees be fired for asking hard questions about his son's lack of qualifications for his millions-of-dollars appointment to the Burisma board that said he did not have to attend board meetings to collect his millions. Go figure!

Trump got impeached because he asked Ukraine to investigate Biden and his corrupt son.

Just think about that for a moment.

I wonder what CNN or MSNBC talking heads think about this. I can't find any reporting or response to this. It would only end private ownership of businesses and eliminate the need for Wall Street.

Does he expect businesses to have to crawl to government for loans and equity investment?

Just one of the reasons I'm not voting for him.

But Trump is still a shitstain. And I won't vote for him either.

Trump got impeached because he asked Ukraine to investigate Biden and his corrupt son.

I did. I thought about that. And what I came up with is that Trump is willing to collude with our enemies to win. What a piece of shit.

It's a President's job to look into government as corrupt as former Vice President Biden's multiple extortions for billions apiece were.

I mean, to me, a comment like "I'm going to get rid of shareholder capitalism" is so far out there, that I'm stunned. This would be the end of capitalism in America and the 200 year + dominance of U.S economic might.

Now I know these people won't come out and admit it, and I'm not expecting a "you were right", but there were a few who mocked the idea that Biden would go alt-left. Well, let me repeat that I suggested, like Pelosi who gave into the far left, here is Biden. This is even more far left than AOC had been, at least publicly. There was no doubt n my mind that he would follow their influencers, and I wouldn't even be surprised if foreign nations were pushing this in an effort to destroy America.

Even if someone despised Trump, they should understand, four more years of Trump and America First is FAR better than the end of capitalism and quite possibly your Constitution, Free and Open elections. Who in the hell would even advise a guy to say this to the world?

Please, any Biden supporters, make your argument for such a radical idea as to eliminate shareholder capitalism. I'm still digesting the idea that any Western leader would even think this. How desperate is his campaign which is supposedly so far ahead...

It's why I don't buy the polls, this guys team is already worried and they are going full blown radical.

I mean, to me, a comment like "I'm going to get rid of shareholder capitalism" is so far out there, that I'm stunned. This would be the end of capitalism in America and the 200 year + dominance of U.S economic might.

Now I know these people won't come out and admit it, and I'm not expecting a "you were right", but there were a few who mocked the idea that Biden would go alt-left. Well, let me repeat that I suggested, like Pelosi who gave into the far left, here is Biden. This is even more far left than AOC had been, at least publicly. There was no doubt n my mind that he would follow their influencers, and I wouldn't even be surprised if foreign nations were pushing this in an effort to destroy America.

Even if someone despised Trump, they should understand, four more years of Trump and America First is FAR better than the end of capitalism and quite possibly your Constitution, Free and Open elections. Who in the hell would even advise a guy to say this to the world?

Please, any Biden supporters, make your argument for such a radical idea as to eliminate shareholder capitalism. I'm still digesting the idea that any Western leader would even think this. How desperate is his campaign which is supposedly so far ahead...

It's why I don't buy the polls, this guys team is already worried and they are going full blown radical.

I hear you. But Trump is an insane conman. I can't abide either "choice".

Well, if it's a choice between the end of capitalism in America. I mean, AMERICA! What in the F is going on? This guy is the leader of the Democrat Party and he sounds like someone from Beijing.

Sorry, this would an EASY vote for me. I'd be out telling people they are crazy to support such a policy. I want someone to defend this idea. How many trillions would it immediately take away from American citizens? Not to mention foreign investors.

I'm literally stunned. I knew he'd be beholden to the alt-left, but this is way further than I expected.

Trumps isn't doing all that badly. For a long time I was seriously worried about a depression from the trade war, but his actions have been so moderate compared to his speech, that the trade war hasn't really done that much damage.

Which is frightening for the future, when someone who really will engage in protectionism will point to now, and claim it didn't harm the economy.

But for now... Trump hasn't really done anything bad. I'm rather favorable to another 4 years. He's led policy wise, rather conservatively, and I am in favor of that.

Forum List

Back