Update: Trump won't be giving a SOTU address on the 29th...

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
That would be my advice. Doesn't matter if you do it on an airplane hangar. This will move the polls by 10% in your favor and remind the world what you are fighting for.

Americans deserve to hear the truth, as do those with the courage to defend your borders every day.

Just as I post this Trump suggests he's going to do it after the shutdown. I think this is an error on his part. He is giving control to Pelosi, regardless of the location.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
9m9 minutes ago
As the Shutdown was going on, Nancy Pelosi asked me to give the State of the Union Address. I agreed. She then changed her mind because of the Shutdown, suggesting a later date. This is her prerogative - I will do the Address when the Shutdown is over. I am not looking for an....

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 2m2 minutes ago
  1. ....alternative venue for the SOTU Address because there is no venue that can compete with the history, tradition and importance of the House Chamber. I look forward to giving a “great” State of the Union Address in the near future!

I don't get it. He could make his point about why the border barrier is so needed, he could have really put her on the hotseat.

If he loses this battle for the border wall he has a massive uphill climb in 2020.

I don't get it. He could make his point about why the border barrier is so needed, he could have really put her on the hotseat.

If he loses this battle for the border wall he has a massive uphill climb in 2020.

He's been attempting to do all of that and it's not working. What he should do is take whatever the Democrats give him as a consolation prize, grow the fuck up and open the government back up.

I don't think he cares whether or not he holds it. If I were President I'd think of it as just one more formal obligation.

He's been attempting to do all of that and it's not working. What he should do is take whatever the Democrats give him as a consolation prize, grow the fuck up and open the government back up.

Nope. If this goes on till the 2020 election then so be it since it’s the democrat leaders not wanting to care about the border.
But he can definitely have an event at the border. On why Pelosi does not care.

Yep, that'll turn things around...
On the people taking the house back. The KAG campaign started early. Thx, Pelosi!

Trump could just order a half dozen big macs and tweet the sofu and eat at the same time.

Nope. If this goes on till the 2020 election then so be it since it’s the democrat leaders not wanting to care about the border.
But he can definitely have an event at the border. On why Pelosi does not care.

Yep, that'll turn things around...
On the people taking the house back. The KAG campaign started early. Thx, Pelosi!

Trump's already assumed responsibility for the shutdown before it even began and it appears people are giving him that benefit. If this goes until 2020 he'll be in hiding XXXX Mod Edit -- No avocation of violence against political leaders.. HappyJoy

Last edited by a moderator:
The best part in all of this. Trump could easily announce a KAG rally next week since the people were anticipating a SOTU.

Just as I post this Trump suggests he's going to do it after the shutdown. I think this is an error on his part. He is giving control to Pelosi, regardless of the location.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
9m9 minutes ago
As the Shutdown was going on, Nancy Pelosi asked me to give the State of the Union Address. I agreed. She then changed her mind because of the Shutdown, suggesting a later date. This is her prerogative - I will do the Address when the Shutdown is over. I am not looking for an....

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 2m2 minutes ago
  1. ....alternative venue for the SOTU Address because there is no venue that can compete with the history, tradition and importance of the House Chamber. I look forward to giving a “great” State of the Union Address in the near future!

I don't like this

but I am a partisan

it may well be that this move is well received by the "swing voter" types & winds up being a wise move

but it looks and feels like a loss to me

Forum List

Back