Upcoming: Government Shutdowns, Debt Ceiling Crises.

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
So the fallout from the GOP likely taking the House will be the debt ceiling and government shutdowns.

The investigations will go nowhere. Biden shouldn't take a page out of the Trump playbook and just not cooperate with the investigations but he probably will. Impeachment will likely take place. It will go nowhere. We're likely in for 2 years of simple stasis with midnight deals to raise the debt ceiling and a few weeklong government shutdowns.

A few questions to consider are these:

Do you think the GOP will try to be "for real" this time and shut it all down for 2-3 months? Do you think the debt ceiling will actually not be raised? Chaos is their brand...it's what they promise and, even if they don't, the margin that presumptive Speaker McCarthy (is thats his name) will not be able to simply steamroll the white-nationalist wing of his constituency because it may be 220-230 GOP majority; not the 240-250 they were hoping for.

The new speaker will first have to rope in the more fringe elements (The House Freedom Cucks) of their party. My guess is it will descend into chaos.
Republicans have nothing. No policy initiatives, no fresh ideas. And people will see that. :)

EDIT - Yes the debt ceiling will be extended...why?...because it will be.

We need a balanced budget Constitutional Amendment to stop Democrats from robbing the taxpayer and giving the money to welfare queens and couch surfers.

The spending will continue, borrowing from future generations, dilluting your dollar. Both parties love to spend and "invest", it is considered "progress".

If and when the dollar becomes worthless it won't matter to the Establishment as their money will already have been exchanged into some other currency. They will then spin it as a "cyclical currency shift" and the "new accepted norm"

No one will be blamed, no one will go to jail for mismanagement. Americas enemies will approve.

So the fallout from the GOP likely taking the House will be the debt ceiling and government shutdowns.

The investigations will go nowhere. Biden shouldn't take a page out of the Trump playbook and just not cooperate with the investigations but he probably will. Impeachment will likely take place. It will go nowhere. We're likely in for 2 years of simple stasis with midnight deals to raise the debt ceiling and a few weeklong government shutdowns.

Do you think the GOP will try to be "for real" this time and shut it all down for 2-3 months? Do you think the debt ceiling will actually not be raised? Chaos is their brand...it's what they promise and, even if they don't, the margin that presumptive Speaker McCarthy (is thats his name) will not be able to simply steamroll the white-nationalist wing of his constituency because it may be 220-230 GOP majority; not the 240-250 they were hoping for.
I heard that freak MTG saying she wanted to shut the country down. She loves that idiot Trump, who succeeded at doing the same more than once.

We must prepare The US for the 666 New World Order, Cashless Society and Global Government. To do that, you need to wreck the economy and bankrupt America just like Joe is trying to do.

Democracy and Global Government are mortal enemies.

The debt ceiling is just a delusion. There's interest due on every Federal Reserve Note in existence. The current monetary policy dictates that there is always more debt in the system than there is currency to pay the debt.

Now the usual spew is well we should just stop deficit spending, balance the budget, bring down the debt, blah blah blah, same old cookie-cutter nonsense, but most people don't understand that this is deflationary. It is impossible to do under our current monetary system without collapsing the entire economy. The system is designed to require ever-increasing levels of debt just to continue.

Lets ask this question. A question you will never hear asked by the talking heads on the idiot box or by Trump or Biden or DeSantis or most any other suit.

What would happen if the government stopped borrowing in order to do deficit spending?

Are the payments on those Treasury bonds going to stop? No. Huh uh. They're not.

What would happen if the public stopped borrowing and going deeper into debt? Are your house and car payments going to stop? No. Huh uh. They're not.

There is a payment due every month on the principal plus the interest on every dollar in existence and those payments do not stop.

If borrowing stops, then no new currency is created to replace the currency that is used to make those payments.

Whether you're making a payment on a loan or paying a tax to make a payment on a Treasury bond, the portion of the payment that goes to pay off the principal extinguishes that portion of the debt.

BUT...the debt also extinguishes the currency.

When currency and debt meet, they destroy each other.

If you just pay off the principal only, all of the loans and Treasury bonds that exist, the entire currency supply vanishes.

So, if we don't go deeper into debt every year, the whole thing goes into a deflationary collapse under the weight of those payments.

And that's why politicians, because they don't want it to collapse under their watch, will always kick the can down the road and raise the so-called debt ceiling over and over again until the whole system finally collapses under its own weight.

So far as government shutdowns...well...pft. Seems government is the problem. Perhaps a little less of it might be a good thing for a change.

Running to government to save us from government doesn't seem to be working very well.

Last edited:

The new speaker will first have to rope in the more fringe elements (The House Freedom Cucks) of their party. My guess is it will descend into chaos.
Republicans have nothing. No policy initiatives, no fresh ideas. And people will see that. :)

We see prog ideas. Not including all of the sexes, pedophile pushing, gender transitioning and more. There are the working class not higher paid, or union and the elderly affected that have gotten screwed over big time by the real haters. Inflation is slowly ripping their lives from them. Ideas! Progs treat citizens like it is a lab experiment.

What initiatives and 'fresh ideas' does your party have? Why haven't they done them? Why are we in a financial mess under their control?

Whatever they do the republicans will not get the message that the hard right is not nearly as popular as they thought they were.

How would you expect them to be when the dem owned propaganda machine spews lies 99% of the time? Congrats, your campaign to own the 'media' and spread propaganda has succeeded, what a shock! :rolleyes:

How would you expect them to be when the dem owned propaganda machine spews lies 99% of the time? Congrats, your campaign to own the 'media' and spread propaganda has succeeded, what a shock! :rolleyes:
I like it when you dolts blame me personally for your frustrations.

I like it when you dolts blame me personally for your frustrations.

How was I blaming you for anything? You made a statement, and I gave the reason why your statement is true. You should be thanking me. :dunno:

How was I blaming you for anything? You made a statement, and I gave the reason why your statement is true. You should be thanking me. :dunno:

your campaign to own the 'media' and spread propaganda has succeeded, what a shock!
I don't remember mounting any such campaign. It's fairly common to encounter right wingers that make everything personal. Apparently I've hurt your fragile feelings somehow.

The debt ceiling is just a delusion. There's interest due on every Federal Reserve Note in existence. The current monetary policy dictates that there is always more debt in the system than there is currency to pay the debt.

The debt ceiling is all about adding to the debt and has nothing to do with existing debt.

Now the usual spew is well we should just stop deficit spending, balance the budget, bring down the debt, blah blah blah, same old cookie-cutter nonsense, but most people don't understand that this is deflationary.

I do not believe this is true. Stopping or reducing deficit spending can reduce inflation but I see no reason to believe that is deflationary. I do not believe that reducing inflation from 8% down to 7 or 6 is deflationary, is that your argument?

It is impossible to do under our current monetary system without collapsing the entire economy.

I do not believe this is true either. It IS impossible under our current political system, in no way would the democrat-controlled Senate or the democrat in the White House agree to stop or reduce spending or balance the budget, even though the dottard prez says he reduced the deficit. And BTW, gov't spending is a fiscal policy matter. The Fed owns the monetary policy that has very little to do with gov't spending except that overspending contributes to inflation. Does anyone have a link that explains the relationship between balancing the budget and deflation?

The debt ceiling is all about adding to the debt and has nothing to do with existing debt.

I would say that you probably need to study the monetary policy better. Respectfully.

I do not believe this is true. Stopping or reducing deficit spending can reduce inflation but I see no reason to believe that is deflationary. I do not believe that reducing inflation from 8% down to 7 or 6 is deflationary, is that your argument?

I do not believe this is true either. It IS impossible under our current political system, in no way would the democrat-controlled Senate or the democrat in the White House agree to stop or reduce spending or balance the budget, even though the dottard prez says he reduced the deficit. And BTW, gov't spending is a fiscal policy matter. The Fed owns the monetary policy that has very little to do with gov't spending except that overspending contributes to inflation. Does anyone have a link that explains the relationship between balancing the budget and deflation?

You're free to disagree.

Forum List

Back