Name one thing you believe that those who share your worldview are wrong about.

Name one thing the ā€œother sideā€ has done that you agree with/are willing to praise.
This is a very difficult challenge for me. Not because it causes me to challenge my own "worldview", or because it requires objective thought. I find it difficult because of the broad definitions implied. Let me explain:

On one hand there are literally hundreds of thousands (maybe millions) of people who share the basics of my "word view", so finding something that is generally disagreeable is easy. However, no one shares the specifics of my "worldview", because everyone is different, and nuance shows differences in even the most closely related views. Therefore, I must assume that you mean a more broad definition of "worldview". With that in mind.... How broad do you envision the definition to be? One could define it broadly enough that nearly everyone in the U.S.A. is on the same "side". So, I assume that you do not mean it to be that broad. Is this "right" v. "left"? Conservative v. liberal?

To be honest, I side with liberals on a few things, and I side with conservatives on others. So, which "side" am I even on? I'm on the "side" of America. So, I guess that makes the "other side" those who oppose America. Therefore, I cannot really rise to this challenge for the simple fact that both "sides" are simply too diverse.

If you were to more clearly define what you meant, then I will attempt to rise to the challenge.

Youā€™re thinking too hard on this. Iā€™m technically moderate but I do lean right, therefore I answered the question as a Republican, which works bc I vote Republican (though WOULD vote Democrat if they got someone in there that wasnā€™t so extreme).

I guess if youā€™re truly smack in the middle, this question isnā€™t for you.
Thank you for clearing that up. Your reply is most helpful. Now, to answer the OP questions:

1) Abortion. The right generally thinks that abortion is wrong. It's ending a life (potential or otherwise), on that I agree. However, a ban on abortion, taking away a woman's right to make her own decisions, is also wrong. I am in favor of reasonable restrictions, but not an outright ban. Reasonable restrictions are what we have now, IMHO. They are more "liberal" than nearly all of the "western" world, look it up if you don't believe me.

2)Marijana. The left is generally in support of decriminalizing pot, at least. I see no problem here. I have yet to see any substantive evidence that pot usage harms anyone other than the user. Nor have I seen credible evidence that it is a "gateway" drug any more than tobacco, or alcohol is.As far as whether or not there are substantial health risks, it would seem that the jury is still out on that, it's kinda hard to get substantial, scientific evidence on the usage of an illegal substance. Further research is needed.

^^^ To me, it doesn't matter where the free speech takes place. At the end of the day if that girl didn't want the rest of us in the game, why did she take the time to show us all how it is played? What made her think that other pairs of pennies wouldn't follow after she threw her two cents down for the rest of the world to be aware of when everyone else's rights are no different compared to the rights that she possesses?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. When you really think about it, why is it called free speech in the first place when certain things can happen after the "free speech" is put out there?

Can't even chew that word salad Holly. Pennies? Games? No idea what you're trying to say there. :dunno:

^^^ Once she took her turn at sharing her two cents which would be the pennies, so many other people threw down their two coins as well which would be the game that they were shown how to play...by her.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

"Name one thing you believe that those who share your worldview are wrong about."

I dont not believe in the "good white person" theory. Doesnt matter if you know a few good white people. The racism they support directly or indirectly will still impact you and they will still benefit from it..

"Name one thing the ā€œother sideā€ has done that you agree with/are willing to praise."

Some "good white people" have voiced that racism is bad.

Wow. You directly contradicted yourself, basically saying all white people are racist but some ā€œgood white peopleā€ who you donā€™t believe in, have voiced that racism is bad. If theyā€™re all racist how can they denounce racism?
Show me where I said all white people are racist? Youre entire reply hinges on some retarded assumption you made. Wouldnt it have shown more intelligence for you to simply ask for a clarification instead?

ā€œDoesnt matter if you know a few good white people. The racism they (who are ā€œtheyā€?) support directly or indirectly will still impact you and they will still benefit from it..ā€

You donā€™t believe in the ā€œgood white peopleā€ theory but some good white people say racism in bad... right.
I think you confused yourself. Like I said if your reading comprehension has failed you then you might want to ask questions that resolve your conundrum instead of making idiotic assumptions.

My reading comprehension is fine, which is why I think your response is contradicting.

Keep up with the insults... maybe one of these times Iā€™ll give a damn about what your racist ass thinks of me, but I wouldnā€™t hold my breath.

"Name one thing you believe that those who share your worldview are wrong about."

I dont not believe in the "good white person" theory. Doesnt matter if you know a few good white people. The racism they support directly or indirectly will still impact you and they will still benefit from it..

"Name one thing the ā€œother sideā€ has done that you agree with/are willing to praise."

Some "good white people" have voiced that racism is bad.

Wow. You directly contradicted yourself, basically saying all white people are racist but some ā€œgood white peopleā€ who you donā€™t believe in, have voiced that racism is bad. If theyā€™re all racist how can they denounce racism?
Show me where I said all white people are racist? Youre entire reply hinges on some retarded assumption you made. Wouldnt it have shown more intelligence for you to simply ask for a clarification instead?

ā€œDoesnt matter if you know a few good white people. The racism they (who are ā€œtheyā€?) support directly or indirectly will still impact you and they will still benefit from it..ā€

You donā€™t believe in the ā€œgood white peopleā€ theory but some good white people say racism in bad... right.
I think you confused yourself. Like I said if your reading comprehension has failed you then you might want to ask questions that resolve your conundrum instead of making idiotic assumptions.

My reading comprehension is fine, which is why I think your response is contradicting.

Keep up with the insults... maybe one of these times Iā€™ll give a damn about what your racist ass thinks of me, but I wouldnā€™t hold my breath.
Obviously your reading comprehension is not fine. I say "good white people" and in the very next sentence I say "they" referring to white people and you totally missed it. Who else would be "they" if I mentioned them in the preceding sentence and didnt mention anyone else? Where did you get your education and please tell me you didnt pay them?

Name one thing you believe that those who share your worldview are wrong about.

Name one thing the ā€œother sideā€ has done that you agree with/are willing to praise.

This is a tough one to parse.

Weltanschauung. If someone shares my worldview does that not include most of my beliefs? Nevertheless.

I believe in Wrath. Smells like vitrified brimstone. Some likeminded don't like it . . . unless they're standing upwind behind a nice solid wall.

Well, the other side is still alive. I admire the courage required to want to survive in this world. Then again, so many "greater escapes" exist nowadays through the smart device rabbit hole, survival isn't such an ordeal when 90% of life is an electronic anti-depressant.

Forum List

Back